Black man buys toy gun in wal-mart, gets shot and killed by cops in wal-mart

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Tressa Sherrod (Crawford’s mother) with John Crawford III.

-cincpt09-06-2014enquirer1a00420140905imgcrawford.jpg112f8f1brq.jpg

Dept of Justice to investigate fatal Wal-Mart shooting

Piepmeier said grand jurors were asked to consider charges or murder, reckless homicide or negligent homicide.

He called the shooting a "perfect storm of circumstances." If one of them had failed to occur, Crawford would be alive, he said.

First, the pellet gun was out of the box and on a shelf. Crawford picked it up and aimlessly walked around the store. The gun resembled an automatic weapon. A 911 caller who was familiar with guns called dispatch.

"He's trying to be a good citizen reporting the best he can what he is seeing," Piepmeier said.

Officers who had been trained in responding to active shooters only two weeks earlier showed up. They were trained at the state police officer's academy to be aggressive, Piepmeier said.

Crawford, who was on his cellphone, was distracted by the call and probably not even paying attention to what he was doing.

"No officer wants to be in a situation where they are putting their lives on the line and they possibly have to take the life of someone else," Piepmeier said.

Crawford's family says the shooting was not justified and asked federal authorities to investigate and determine whether race was a factor. Crawford was black. The officers are white.

In a prepared statement, the family said they were disappointed, disgusted and confused by the grand jury's decision.

"(Attorney General) DeWine and Mr. Piepmeier made excuses for the officer's actions and have erroneously argued the officer's actions were "reasonable," the Crawfords said.

"The Wal-Mart surveillance video and eyewitnesses prove that the killing of John H. Crawford III was not justified and was not reasonable. It is undisputed that John Crawford III was in Wal-Mart as a customer and was not posing a threat to anyone in the store, especially the police officers."

They noted that Crawford had his back to officers when he was shot. They asked for prayers and support from the public and said they are praying for the family of Angela Williams, a shopper who died from a heart attack caused by the chaos in the store.

DeWine said that all investigative files will be shared with the U.S. Department of Justice.

Ohio Governor John Kasich said he thought a review by the justice department was appropriate.

Kasich released this statement:

"After talking with the Attorney General and watching the video myself, I agree with his decision that a review by the U.S. Department of Justice is appropriate. This is a tragedy for the Crawford family and I share the concern of many in the community that this matter must be handled with the utmost seriousness and respect. I've consulted with local leaders, including leaders in the African American community, and I applaud the example they have set of calm, restraint and patience."

Surveillance video of the shooting will be released to the public, Piepmeier said.

A grand jury in Missouri is going through the same motions to decide whether Ferguson police should be charged in the shooting of teenager Michael Brown.

Officers rarely face criminal charges for use of force. Enquirer research found that only one local officer has been charged in a shooting since 2001. He was acquitted.

Beavercreek police officials have said the shooting was the appropriate use of force to protect other customers in the store.

Michael Wright, an attorney representing Crawford's family, told the Enquirer the family expected Piepmeier from Hamilton County to "vigorously pursue a criminal indictment" against Beavercreek Officer Sean Williams.

"It is the job of the special prosecutor to represent the citizens of Ohio, including the families of murder victims, and the Crawford family deserves justice in this case," Wright said. "We informed Mr. Piepmeier that we expect him to prosecute this case in the same manner he would if he was seeking an indictment against a person who shot a police officer."

"Anything less than an indictment would be a tremendous disappointment," Wright said.

'The final analysis is that my son was murdered'

Crawford's family insists the shooting was unjustified and that the case has racial undertones. His father has suggested that police would have been more patient and not have fired if Crawford was white.

Authorities said Crawford was walking around the store Aug. 5 with a MK-177 BB/pellet rifle he picked up from an aisle in the sporting goods section. He was pronounced dead at Miami Valley Hospital around 9:25 p.m., shortly after police opened fire at the store.

Crawford Jr., who has viewed a security video of the shooting, said his son was at the store with a female friend to pick up picnic items on the way to a cookout in Dayton. The video showed that Crawford casually walking around the store with the pellet gun, which he picked up from a shelf in the sporting goods section, Crawford Jr. said. He said his son was on his cellphone talking to the mother of his two young sons, with his back to police, when he was shot.

Police officials said the responding officers – Williams and Sgt. David Darkow – ordered Crawford to drop the gun but he didn't comply. But Crawford Jr. said there was no reaction from his son, so he couldn't have been given any commands from police before he alleges Williams fired.

"We were waiting to see him menacing, waving this thing in a threatening position with women or children. None of that happened from the footage we saw. He wasn't doing anything. He was just standing there. The final analysis is that my son was murdered,"Crawford Jr. told The Enquirer earlier this month.

"All this nonsense of (them saying) 'Put the weapon down' two or three times. There was no reaction from him. There couldn't have been a cadence given."

Police said they responded when a customer called 911, saying a man was waving a gun inside the store. The customer has since retracted the account, according to media reports on the case.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Brehs, I'm getting tired of all this bullshyt, real talk. :snoop:

Those killer cops keep getting away with it. Nothing happens. And so far, nothing changes. This have been going on for at far as I can remember.

Enough is enough. If building our economic base and leverage it, among many other things, is what needs to be done, then we need to get it done, asap. Black people are being targeted, harassed, and killed and nearly nothing happens to the perps. Can't even get justice after death.

I don't know about you guys but no way I would raise a child here. No way.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Incredible. 911 caller should be judged for blatantly lying and leading to the death of Crawford.
Man, Im watching that video synced with the audio of that piece of shyt that called the cops and Im literally sick to my stomach.

"He just pointed the gun at two children."

Oh my god, I hope somebody murders that dude, forreal. Like just shoot him in the head while hes walking in the fukking street in broad daylight in front of his parents and shyt. fukk that guy.

I think Im more pissed at this motherfukker than I am at the cops that killed Crawford.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
White people deflecting and feeding us that "why is this a race issue?" Bullshyt.

Motherfukker tell me how a white dude walks into movie theater and just blasted away killing 12 people and injuring 70 people walks out without a fukking scratch. This white mofo was wearing ballistic swat gear including a fukking gas mask and vest. Throws tear gas into the theater on some Tom Clancy Rainbow Six shyt and just clears out the building. Yet they apprehended him. fukk outta here, fukk you mean this isn't bout race?

Sick of these CACS man

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I just hope John's and Mike's death wakes black people up(and americans in general, cause eventually it will affect all ), but I just get the feeling this shyt will blow over and people will go back acting like everything is cool in the world until the next incident.

A damn shame if that happens. I mean, what more do we need at this point?

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I just hope John's and Mike's death wakes black people up(and americans in general, cause eventually it will affect all ), but I just get the feeling this shyt will blow over and people will go back acting like everything is cool in the world until the next incident.

In Ferguson, the people are still outraged, have still been marching and have been getting more and more organized.

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
In Ferguson, the people are still outraged, have still been marching and have been getting more and more organized.
I know that, I still check up on what's happening in Ferguson once in a while and I'm glad the protesting has not died down there, I'm just being pessimistic about the rest of us in black america.