Black man buys toy gun in wal-mart, gets shot and killed by cops in wal-mart

All Star
Daps
ByVAvl5CEAA8tjk.jpg:large

ByVAvT2CcAEwv6h.jpg:large

b-b-b-b-but white privledge isn't real.what a fukking joke.

This happened roughly an hour away from Dayton/Beavercreek weeks after John Crawford was gunned down.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?123832-Cincinnati-WEBN-fireworks-No-Weapons

First, a HUGE THANKS to those who came. I deeply appreciate your commitment, am glad to know those whom I just met, and was thrilled to see friends from past events.

My friend (who wishes to remain anonymous) and I showed up at 11AM. We quickly found that there was no entrance at the Purple People Bridge for the general public, but was instead at Bicentennial Commons, a short walk to the east, at Eggleston Avenue and US 52. (the other entrance was at Broadway & US 52)

At the entrance we looked at the list of “prohibited” items – neither weapons nor guns was listed. As we walked in I heard a woman say “No weapons” to a co-worker. We turned around and heard her co-worker say that she was told to report our description to the police. My friend and I sat down for a moment to discuss it, and I encouraged my friend to pursue the matter because he felt that we were being profiled. My friend spoke to the second woman, and asked for her boss. He came and said that the police requested that they do so, but couldn’t pinpoint *who* it was who made such a request. The woman’s boss’s boss ended up coming to the gate and assured us that no such order had been given (confusion which I find hard to believe). We asked that he make sure that the word went out to all gate workers, and he said he would do so immediately. None of us had anything said about firearms at either gate later in the day.

Another gate worker asked questions and we informed him of the law, both about firearms and about the “prohibitions” still in place. A female attendee overheard us and she and her husband asked various questions also. We were off to a great start!

Initially the crowd was sparse, but CPD officers paid no obvious attention to us, either then or later in the day. Apparently they’ve been told, in what I feel is a poor command decision, not to interact with open carriers unless they have a law enforcement reason to do so. As we walked various people noticed, some said “thanks”, and when we stopped to rest either I, my friend, or the people we stopped near started a conversation – every one of which was informative and rewarding for both us and the members of the public. On the OH side, and later on the KY side, I was surprised that a number of people recognized me from the Channel 12 interview, and one guy reached up to give me a “high five”, calling me the “open carry dude”! LOL

Fairly early in the day we ran into Dave Wukusick. He told us that earlier in the day the signage around the entrances had included “No weapons” verbiage, then later was covered over, but by the time my friend and I arrived the panel with that language had been replaced entirely, omitting the illegal prohibition! Maybe they figured out that I was serious with my threat to inform any unarmed victims of Clear Channel’s deception?

We ran into the reporter from Channel 12 (Brad Underwood) who did the earlier story. I expressed my appreciation to him for what I felt was a good story, and told him that he cracked the City Solicitor, who upheld the deception until asked if the prohibition was legal. As he and I were talking an attendee came up and offered his hand to me, and said “Thank you for what you’re doing”. I turned to the reporter and said something to the effect of “Did you see that? That’s the kind of thing your story and us being here has accomplished”.

During the day a number of people made it clear to us that either a) they were carrying concealed despite the illegal prohibition, 2) they chose not to carry because of the illegal prohibition, or 3) they wouldn’t have been carrying anyway, but were disgusted by the deceptive practices of Clear Channel and the City of Cincinnati.

What struck me in talking to everyone who participated is how and who approached them to ask questions or make a statement. It’s interesting to find out who is willing to ask questions, and of what participants. Having a cross-section of people really helps with outreach.

An hour or so before it closed, I crossed the Purple People Bridge with Cory Curl and walked the KY side of the river for a half hour or so. Some police officers at the flood gates said “Those guys have guns” as we walked in, but although I was evidently recognized by attendees, people either didn’t notice we were carrying, or didn’t consider a big deal at all.

Participants: people came and went during the day because of other commitments, but the total number of people in the group was between 15 and 20, 80-90% of whom were openly carrying.

There is no doubt that the overall goal was achieved – that of pushing the parties to back off. This was done with the considerable help of my friend, by Mike Titus, Channel 12, and everyone who showed up. Again, THANK YOU so much.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm legit so pissed and I'm arguing with my woman. Cuz she on that it's not that big of a deal bullshyt. I'm like if this happened to me how would you feel?

i don't know you personally breh but if she doesn't think this is important and demeaning what is it she thinks is?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Real story this could have been me.

Back in early 2009, I was out shooting pictures for my photography project out in the woods. So in had this realistic looking CO2 powered bb gun with me because there be coyotes and dogs and shyt.

Now at the time I'm residing in Mason, Ohio. Deer Park area. Nothing but rich white folk. Not a got damn sidewalk in sight. There no such thing as being a pedestrian. But anyways when I got finished with the pictures I left the area. I had the gun holstered. The gun fell out and I picked it up. It kept falling out so i said fukk it, I'll just carry it. All I had was a camera bag full with my camera shyt. Apparently someone saw me walking with gun and called the cops. I wasn't pointing it anyone it was pointing on the ground.

So the cop came. Just one cop. At this point I could have been shot on spot. But no, this cop asked. "Sir is that a real weapon?"

I said "No, it isn't"

He asked me to throw it on the grow. I complied and he walked over to exam it. His hand was on his gun just as a precaution.

The cop did his job, he knew I had the right to carry and instead of shooting me or trying to subdue he made sure I wasn't a threat first.

Basically after a few other cops showed up. They examined the gun and just said to make sure next I bring a bag or soemthing. They said I did nothing wrong and thanked me for cooperating. And that was that.

And this is why it irks me the most because what happened to Jordan could have happened to me have I've ran into a less civilized cop.

That could of been me brehs

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
i don't know you personally breh but if she doesn't think this is important and demeaning what is it she thinks is?
She thinks it's fukked up but you know how woman are when you advert your attention to something too long and they get all insecure. Ever since I seem that video I been ranting all day and arguing with cacs. And I can't help it.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]

Back in early 2009, I was out shooting pictures for my photography project out in the woods. So in had this realistic looking CO2 powered bb gun with me because there be coyotes and dogs and shyt.

Now at the time I'm residing in Mason, Ohio. Deer Park area. Nothing but rich white folk. Not a got damn sidewalk in sight. There no such thing as being a pedestrian. But anyways when I got finished with the pictures I left the area. I had the gun holstered. The gun fell out and I picked it up. It kept falling out so i said fukk it, I'll just carry it. All I had was a camera bag full with my camera shyt. Apparently someone saw me walking with gun and called the cops. I wasn't pointing it anyone it was pointing on the ground.

So the cop came. Just one cop. At this point I could have been shot on spot. But no, this cop asked. "Sir is that a real weapon?"

I said "No, it isn't"

He asked me to throw it on the grow. I complied and he walked over to exam it. His hand was on his gun just as a precaution.

The cop did his job, he knew I had the right to carry and instead of shooting me or trying to subdue he made sure I wasn't a threat first.

Basically after a few other cops showed up. They examined the gun and just said to make sure next I bring a bag or soemthing. They said I did nothing wrong and thanked me for cooperating. And that was that.

And this is why it irks me the most because what happened to Jordan could have happened to me have I've ran into a less civilized cop.

i'm glad you're safe breh :mjcry:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I won't watch the video cause I don't need to. I said this in the Mike Brown thread. Black people can be so lost sometimes it makes me sick. They just don't see the truth. VIDEO EVIDENCE (Rodney King, Oscar Grant) DOESN'T MATTER. WAKE UP! This GRAND JURY HAD VIDEO EVIDENCE, and they still got off.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

Now at the time I'm residing in Mason, Ohio. Deer Park area. Nothing but rich white folk. Not a got damn sidewalk in sight. There no such thing as being a pedestrian. But anyways when I got finished with the pictures I left the area. I had the gun holstered. The gun fell out and I picked it up. It kept falling out son in said fukk I'll just carry it. All I had was a camera bag full with my camera shyt. Apparently someone saw me walking with gun and calls the cops. I wasn't pointing it anyone it was pointing on the ground.

I said "No, it isn't"

He asked me to throw it on the grow. I complied and walked over to exam it. His hand was on his gun just as a precaution.

The cop did his job, I knew I had the right to carry and instead of shooting me or trying to subdue he made sure I wasn't a threat.

And this is why irks me the most because what happened to Jordan could have happened to me have I've ran into a less civilized cop.

i feel you, what happen to trayvon and mike brown hit close to home. i never thought i would finish school or better yet i never care but when i graduated and got my diploma i was smiling from ear to ear. Now im a jr. majoring in computer science now having the opportunity to travel out in the U.K

if some fukboy had kill me just because they fear/hate for 'blacks' especially down here in florida i would felt soo...