Black Latinos

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
I'm a Black Guatemalan. The attitudes towards being Black in Latin America differ from country to country, sometimes it differs from town to town. In Guatemala there are two types of Black folks the Garifuna and the "Creole" or "Gio" and their attitudes towards the notion of "Black" differ strongly.
Garifuna are mixed with Black and Caribs of St. Vincent descent. I think. Am I right?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
My girl is Afro-Latina (Dominican) she's college educated though so she realizes she's black racially. Some of her family members though are on that ignorant shyt of "Im not black, Im dominican" , I always inform them that their ancestors were 1 boat stop away from being Jamaican.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
56721691.gif

The levels of c00nery is sick.

brazil is so complicated sometimes about this, my sister could pass for white, so could i, even though we clearly look mixed race, i identify myself as a negro caboclo, but for every black man who is proud to be black in brazil, you have a few c00ns here and there who think they somehow arent. being self aware in brazil isnt exactly hard to come by since african culture still plays a part in everyday life

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
here in america dont get me wrong, im a black man, even on my racial application i put african american because i hate the idea of being a "hispanic''. i dont come from a spanish speaking culture or upbringing. regardless you have people in brazil with two black parents, but if your light enough, people will identify as white just to get over.

inthebushes

Dont Hate Participate
Daps
Reppin
Byrd Gang
Black Rican

Latinos who love whites and hate on Blacks and other minorities are retarded. I'm hoping eventually we'll get our street smarts up in America in the generations to come but somehow I doubt it.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
How do their views differ? If both groups know that they have African ancestry.

The "Gio" look at themselves in more nationalistic terms, they will emphasize being Guatemalan more so than being Black. Their culture has become very much non distinct and indistinguishable from mainstream Guatemalan culture. Garifuna's in Guatemala for the most part look at themselves as Black first Guatemalan second. In their music, traditions, language, etc they emphasize Africa more so than the "Gio" (this has been a point of conflict between the two groups). Garifuna's in Honduras and Belize also have their own dynamics as it relates to people they live around.

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
I hate seeing Dominicans darker than me with kinky ass hair saying "Me not black, me spanish"

the frustrating thing about people who say this is that you know for a fact that if they ever met a real person from spain they would never claim that shyt.

i can at least say that the Portuguese are far less racist and more cordial than the spanish by a fukking mile.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Dominicans come in here and defend yourselfs.

They can't defend themselves, my friend's mom is Dominican and looks like Ceilia Cruz, she got that harsh reality that she was black when she visited racist ass Spain. She thought because she spoke spanish she somehow wasn't black, or that she was closer to being Spaniard :shaq2: Until they hit her with that old school colonial racism.

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
They can't defend themselves, my friend's mom is Dominican and looks like Ceilia Cruz, she got that harsh reality that she was black when she visited racist ass Spain. She thought because she spoke spanish she somehow wasn't black, or that she was closer to being Spaniard :shaq2: Until they hit her with that old school colonial racism.

like i said my nikka, they meet their so called messiahs and realize they are lower than shyt to them.

meeting a spainaird to these c00ns is like when heston got on that horse and saw that liberty head.