Black consciousness doing more harm than good now? Creating pseudos

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Been on this for a minute now.

At one time the conscious community was really needed. Our people needed lifting and a sense of pride.

In this day, it's creating too many pseudos and scientifically illiterate people. It either needs to evolve or die out now.
Need more clarity.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I see. Anyone who was around the 80s and 90s know it hasn't changed one bit. It's based on hypothetical arguments that produces no physical outcomes. It does serve a purpose to get people to see different perspectives on issues.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s changed drastically, but the vast majority of legitimate scholars and activists were incarcerated or killed.

As of now, we still have Dr. Gerald Horne, Dr. Charisse Burden Stelly, Robin D.G. Kelley, Keeanga Yahmatta-Taylor, Bobby Seale, Ta-Nehisi Coates, Jamelle Bouie (he’s improved drastically over the years), Tommy J. Curry, Bedour Alagraa, Saidiya Hartman, Joy James, Frank B. Wilderson III, and others.

It’s also worth it to engage with the works of Black revolutionary scholars and thinkers rather than wandering the Earth looking for a semi-Messianic figure - Frantz Fanon, Malcolm X, Kwame Ture, W.E.B. Dubois, Huey Newton, John Henrik Clarke, Assata Shakur, James H. Cone, etc. all left plenty for analysis and application.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd argue it's not really black consciousness. It's black intersectional feminism and identity politics, both of which have strangled black activism and sidelined the majority of black men. This is not me shytting on feminism, I have no problem with it in general. My problem is with intersectional feminism. It's a plague that has influence over a lot of academia and political policy right now.

The black power movement got snuffed out (literally) by the feds and was quickly replaced by black intersectionality in universities. That's where we saw the rise of bell hooks, and that shyt has dominated black thought ever since. The problem is that the message is largely argumentative and almost seems deliberately calibrated to create paralysis. How can you build your community when you're fighting over which group of black people are more marginalized, which black people are the "white people of black people," who deserves (imagined) resources more than other groups, who should be leading, etc. It's almost as if they want black men to remove themselves from the process entirely. And the end result is no community work, no progress, chronically-online petty arguments nobody in real life cares about, and lots of scamming.
I don’t think any of the existing consciousness grifters are intersectional feminists. Most are selling a hackneyed versions of black nationalism, reactionary separatism, or are just straight-up panhandling or running a pyramid scheme.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
OH I "Get It" You're a "Contrarian", SMH!

NO way in HELL You have been studying the history/position(s) of Black Folks in America (and the rest of the world), and NEVER CAME ACROSS Incidences of White Folks LYING ON BLACK FOLKS (As A group).

Either you are Trolling, haven't studied, or Aren't Black.

The most recent is the Bullshyt of them claiming that Black Folks who are hired into any position outside of "Low End Jobs" is a "DIVERSITY HIRE/UNQUALIFIED".

There are Hundreds/THOUSANDS of lies they told/tell about us, but there is ZERO POINT going back in forth with someone who appears to be TROLLING.

As NO ONE BLACK AND SERIOUS About this topic, would Deny, or "Play Clueless" about the Bullshyt White Folks Do, UNLESS THEY ARE TROLLING!

:stopitslime:
:stopitslime: breh you're being disingenuous. You know this conversation wasn't about hiring practices. That is not the type of lies I'm referring too.

I take this post as you digressing from the conversation...

Dzali OG

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
People distrusted a vaccine that came out of left field for a virus that came out of left field that was seemingly predicted to come years before by multiple people. Combine that with the media pushing it and ridiculing those that did not take it, and it caused people of all races to distrust it. Black people weren’t against the vaccine because some random said they were immune to it

I didn’t dance around anything. I said I’m not debating a black man on how cacs lie to black people (and everyone else) about history. If you think that they go to school and learn truth about themselves and their history then there’s nothing else to discuss. Maybe create a thread if you want specifics and tag me in it and maybe I’ll throw a dog/goyim a bone.
:yeshrug:

Anything else in this thread is just you deflecting from your veiled attempts at clowning black people from turning away from the lies cacs taught them.
:coffee:
Polight or Nature Boy couldn't have danced around that question any better!

I'll ask again, even though I know you won't or can't answe: what lies have they taught our people?

Dzali OG

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
So if you’re not saying “anything about a vaccine” then how could you even substantiate that some random person saying black people are immune to Covid actually had any effect on black people?

And again mainstream media pushes detrimental ideas to black people and the populace in general everyday. They push bad foods. They push race bait agendas. They push gender wars. Some random in his one bedroom apt isn’t outdoing the bad the media puts into people everyday.

Unless, like @Slangtonomo you don’t think the media does this
:mjpls:
So you don't remember those couple days to about a week when even on the coli we thought covid was a cac disease?

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
:stopitslime: breh you're being disingenuous. You know this conversation wasn't about hiring practices. That is not the type of lies I'm referring too.

I take this post as you digressing from the conversation...

Yeah YOU"RE TROLLING, SMH!!!!!

The MYTH of Black Folks Being "Unqualified/Unsophisticated/Intellectually-Inferior", is a LIE AND TROPE that "They" have been using for the last 400+ years.

My "Point" was NOT about "Hiring", But White Folks LYING ABOUT US, AS A GROUP.

Breh,

I don't have time to go back in forth with you Trollin, I just don't.

:gucci:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Polight or Nature Boy couldn't have danced around that question any better!

I'll ask again, even though I know you won't or can't answe: what lies have they taught our people?
I’ve already said that they teach black people false history. It’s on you to say whether you believe that or not then create the thread to discuss specifics. You don’t wanna do either because you just want to defend what cacs claim is truth as being true while deflecting from black people not buying their “truth”. You clown black people for turning away from what cacs say and creating their “consciousnesses” movement while ignoring the lies the media pushes everyday. Imagine thinking that cacs enslaved black people then turned around and taught them correctly
:mjlol:

So you don't remember those couple days to about a week when even on the coli we thought covid was a cac disease?
There were black doctors and pharmacists that were hesitant to go along with the agenda the media was pushing. Imagine thinking the coli represents the black total population
:mjlol:

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
My family ain’t following cacs who were too stupid to know that shytting in their water supply causes health problems. That’s you “Fillup”
:yeshrug:
The earth isn't flat

People like you hold the race back no matter how hard you try lying and denying like cacs want you to do

Cocksuckers worried about debunking science to actually do positive shyt

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
The earth isn't flat

People like you hold the race back no matter how hard you try lying and denying like cacs want you to do

Cocksuckers worried about debunking science to actually do positive shyt
You just babbling for my attention. :russell:

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
I'm from the Old School "Conscious Community", that followed the elders.
- John Henrik Clarke
- Cheikh Anta Diop
- Chancellor Williams
- Frances Cress Welsing
- Doctor Ben
- Tony Browder
- Khalid Muhammad
But where's the Most Honorable Dr. Amos N. Wilson, may peace be upon him?

triple-h-disgusted.gif