Black Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay reveals she’s engaged (8/7/17 update: He's a cac)

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

HjO7ej.gif

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
Yall gotta chill with these wild ass updates :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

The ex mrs just woke up thinking me and the upgrade were sharing a joke at her expense! :lupe: Yall breh brehs gone get her acting all pissy again!!!:whoa:

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
It's not that they all want athletes or thugs but it seems many prioritize physical attributes and "swag" over character and integrity. Even Black women who are professional matchmakers have said this.

WE ASKED TWO BLACK WOMEN HELPING OTHER SISTERS FIND LOVE WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON WITH THE DATING SCENE.

ESSENCE.COM: Do you feel Black women and men are too particular when it comes to potential dating candidates?

FISHER: We found that as opposed to the White clients that we’ve had, Black women are usually looking for physical attributes first. We look for someone who is attractive to us and then we pick up on his hobbies, interests and values. Whereas, White clients are looking for the reverse first. What kind of job does he have? Is he going to be able to provide? Then they circle back.

GILMORE: We’re the first ones to look at men’s bodies and how attractive they are whereas our White clients have a long list of requirements of things like character and integrity…

FISHER: …and, then down the line, it backfires for us because you were never a compatible mix to start with.

ESSENCE.COM: Do Black women have realistic dating pool expectations?

GILMORE: We have clients that have a long laundry list of requirements—6 foot 4, with a Ph.D., never been married, no children, in his late 30s or early 40s—and a lot of times we then ask them, well, what are you bringing to the table? And, the answer is nowhere near all that. Why would you expect someone to have more than what you’re offering?

Brehettes, do you agree with this assessment? @Gloxina
INCEL! :DAMN:
THEY MOMMA BLACK! :DAMN:
THEY HATE BLACK WOMEN! :DAMN:

I had to get one in. I couldn't hep myself. :russ:
I will say this is a whole thread in itself. Not just in regards to the content but really, the deflections often trotted out. :yeshrug:

Daps
Sadly more common amongst some professional women than women admit---though I would not state the hyperbole that all professional Black women want athletes or thugs.

More like I know a few who try to save men or be with one they think will allow them to be in charge. Tbh, IR relationships often turbocharge this with some high credential Black women I know married to average White dudes. Nothing wrong with this but it is hard to claim you can't find a BM on your level but are willing to settle for less elsewhere.

If she had dated Bryan like Black dudes she would probably been married years ago but it seems like she is into the possible fame so was a perfect reality TV contestant. Her dynamic towards him and maybe denial about this true character may have been 1/2 of breaking the relationship.
Rachel went to First Baptist Academy in Dallas.

Just look up the preacher that runs the school/church (First Baptist Church of Dallas)......it's nothing but privileged white kids, especially back when she was going there.

Any white dude was gonna have a chance but she was only gonna date the top-shelf brehs.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
So Rachel is one of my wife’s friends. They’re both lawyers. She’s not a wench. She’s just a regular black chick who applied to a show and became somewhat famous. No surprise she’s coming back home.
Did you warn her that she decided to be single during the GMB Era so she’s out of luck?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
only gonna date the top-shelf brehs

Thing is, she did the exact opposite and dated cut-at-training camp ballers. Maybe she had a stereotypical idea of Black masculinity due to lack of exposure?

Funny thing is I grew up with a bunch of White private school attending Black men and women. I won't send my kids to any lily White private school bc of the social dynamics and later relationship bias as you infer.

So Rachel is one of my wife’s friends. They’re both lawyers. She’s not a wench. She’s just a regular black chick who applied to a show and became somewhat famous. No surprise she’s coming back home.
What do you mean “picked for anything serious” or feel sorry for?

I’m telling you that Rachel has fought for, fought with, and has put on multiple black men. Socially, economically, and openly.

I didn't get self hate or whitewash vibes from her (though the swirl romance novel was a bit much). But the way things play out in the public sphere are unfortunately out of an individual's control. Pro-swirl BW ran with a narrative and that and the BM pushback reflected on her as a symbol, not a person.

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Pay real attention of that video

She said where she at in her life right now( broken, fukked up) she need to come home

Then she said i need some space for a little bit..

Basically she said” she want a nikka to fukk her for a while, so she can get her confidence and everything back up, and then she can go on and meet Tyler and Biff

lib123

All Star
Daps

Does your wife know why Rachel's husband filed for divorce?

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Pay real attention of that video

She said where she at in her life right now( broken, fukked up) she need to come home

Then she said i need some space for a little bit..

Basically she said” she want a nikka to fukk her for a while, so she can get her confidence and everything back up, and then she can go on and meet Tyler and Biff
@Gloxina

Do you agree with this assessment?

:patrice:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Thing is, she did the exact opposite and dated cut-at-training camp ballers. Maybe she had a stereotypical idea of Black masculinity due to lack of exposure?

Funny thing is I grew up with a bunch of White private school attending Black men and women. I won't send my kids to any lily White private school bc of the social dynamics and later relationship bias as you infer.

I didn't get self hate or whitewash vibes from her (though the swirl romance novel was a bit much). But the way things play out in the public sphere are unfortunately out of an individual's control. Pro-swirl BW ran with a narrative and that and the BM pushback reflected on her as a symbol, not a person.
Like I said before, within the black community, black men aren't allowed to be regular, straight-laced men, and still be deemed masculine.

I honestly think it's a beauty standard issue. Black men (especially dark skin men) are most desirable if we fit that jacked, hypermasculine, dominant athletic look. That raw, physical, animal masculinity (:dame:) that goes beyond making money.

it's why she was willing to date struggling, cut from training camp ballers but somehow couldn't find a cleaned up preppy breh?