"Black athletes get with white women cause white woman play the long game more than black women"

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
I’m not saying the man has to be prepared to have a stay at home wife by 30.

HOW MANY young Black men are actually dating FOR MARRIAGE at 25, 27, 30? How many are sitting with their peer group saying “Hey yall, time to get married!” :jbhmm:

Women, especially young, will follow you off the edge of a damn cliff if you just make some stupid promises. Let alone actually tell her you want to marry her and follow through. :martin:
The women do not want to be wives....I repeat the women do not want to be wives beloved

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
:dahell: Black people are broke. Bw in college be extra broke. Just breathing collegiate air puts us in debt. We don't have familial support. We paying for EVERYTHING.

So, really, what yall saying is, the white man's reward for raping and pillaging the planet is that his daughters can afford to go buy a bm of her own.

:coffee:
Pretty much. And the small percentage that go on to perform at a professional level may or may not stay together. The vast majority that don’t go pro are going back home to their communities. Most of those women aren’t staying with washed athletes with general studies degrees. Especially if their family comes from money. Everybody has their fun and goes home at the end of the day.

Black women should focus on non athletes with good majors. There’s too much focus on “entertainment” in our community at every level.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
And breh, we gon keep it real. I’m not saying they want me to date interracially, but at some point you have to acknowledge that it’s a numbers game.
If you have a family full of sisters and female cousins, they all gonna get the high earning brehs? If the goal is making sure they all marry someone who will provide the best life possible for a family common sense says they have a greater chance if they expand those options. It is what it is.

You are one of the best posters on the site and I get where you are coming from as a woman, but while I may have had that perspective in the past I have changed my outlook based on a few experiences.

First, I have a large pool of friends, neighbors, etc. who are not Black and all these women from groups that have an equal, or even surplus, of high value men (Asian, Jewish, Indian, etc.) marry out at rates multiples of BW. Granted Asian women have some issues with their men and Indian women often get shamed/forced into marrying Indian, but the Jewish example is pretty illuminating.

They are one of the wealthiest and most educated groups in the country with no homicide or underclass problems at a large scale and plenty of men and women in the top professions and earning brackets. Yet the young ones marry non-Jews 50% of the time. Sure, they are White and are assimilating into White culture but if you talk to Jews, you realize a big difference between those whose kids marry Jewish and who don't are how :yeshrug: the parents are about the IR. The ones who are super liberal and like whatever (and usually secular) tend to see their kids marry out. More conservative ones have higher rates of marrying in though many still marry out a lot. One Jewish guy I know with a Jewish wife told me his grandma literally said one of his duties in life was to give her Jewish great-grandkids. And he did. Jewish people are now more focused on making sure interfaith grandkids are raised in Jewish ways (Hebrew school, high holidays) but even that is a struggle.

So even if Black men were at parity, I think Black women would increasingly date out because we are a minority in a country where IR is increasingly less stigmatized.

I didn't want to bring this up earlier in the thread because I thought it was going to devolve into bashing BW on mating strategies, but in my life I have only dated educated BW and I married one. If I had just been "open" to all the women in college that were nice and checked the right boxes, I would probably almost never have dated a Black woman and probably wouldn't be married to one either. I had a lot of educated, and even wealthy White, Asian, and Indian women approach me in college and the wider world. I am not saying this to humble brag or make juvenile claims I have "leverage" over Black women to "shape up" because I have options. I am just mentioning a fact Black men of education and credentials run into in the modern USA.

The stark fact is that since we are only 14% of the population, and even less in high level fields and elite schools, every time you see a professional and successful Black couple, that couple exists because one (or likely both) of the Black people in that relationship turned down multiple suitable non-Black suitors in the past. In our wannabe post-racial world I know teaching preferences may seem like a dirty concept, but if you look at just random chance, you can only sustain a viable Black community and Black families, especially on the upper middle class end, if you accept teaching your kids to prefer Black isn't a bad thing.

My parents did that and me and my siblings all have Black spouses. Our friends with "whatever" parents are majority with non-Black partners.

I understand with the numbers that more Black women will date out and I have no problem with IR. There are many happy IR relationships and I wouldn't tell someone they are better off single than married with a suitable non-Black partner. But once we tell our kids that a strong Black preference or desire for a Black mate should not be their perspective, it's basically a road to complete assimilation, especially for the Talented Tenth outside of heavily Black metros.

Telling people to have no preference as a minority is telling them to have a preference---and in the majority of the cases it isn't a Black one. That's why I am not on board with the elders, particularly the men, actively prepping young Black men and women to date out. If they do, that is their choice and we should accept it but it is our responsibility to work to find them a suitable Black partner wherever possible. My Indian friends will call people they grew up with or attended school with in India who live on the other side of the USA to find viable suitors for their kids. We kinda just want to go with the flow or complain why everyone doesn't see how perfect we are.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
You are one of the best posters on the site and I get where you are coming from as a woman, but while I may have had that perspective in the past I have changed my outlook based on a few experiences.

First, I have a large pool of friends, neighbors, etc. who are not Black and all these women from groups that have an equal, or even surplus, of high value men (Asian, Jewish, Indian, etc.) marry out at rates multiples of BW. Granted Asian women have some issues with their men and Indian women often get shamed/forced into marrying Indian, but the Jewish example is pretty illuminating.

They are one of the wealthiest and most educated groups in the country with no homicide or underclass problems at a large scale and plenty of men and women in the top professions and earning brackets. Yet the young ones marry non-Jews 50% of the time. Sure, they are White and are assimilating into White culture but if you talk to Jews, you realize a big difference between those whose kids marry Jewish and who don't are how :yeshrug: the parents are about the IR. The ones who are super liberal and like whatever (and usually secular) tend to see their kids marry out. More conservative ones have higher rates of marrying in though many still marry out a lot. One Jewish guy I know with a Jewish wife told me his grandma literally said one of his duties in life was to give her Jewish grandkids. And he did. Jewish people are now more focused on making sure interfaith grandkids are raised in Jewish ways (Hebrew school, high holidays) but even that is a struggle.

So even if Black men were at parity, I think Black women would increasingly date out because we are a minority in a country where IR is increasingly less stigmatized.

I didn't want to bring this up earlier in the thread because I thought it was going to devolve into bashing BW on mating strategies, but in my life I have only dated educated BW and I married one. If I had just been "open" to all the women in college that were nice and checked the right boxes, I would probably almost never have dated a Black woman and probably wouldn't be married to one either. I had a lot of educated, and even wealthy White, Asian, and Indian women approach me in college and the wider world. I am not saying this to humble brag or make juvenile claims I have "leverage" over Black women to "shape up" because I have options. I am just mentioning a fact Black men of education and credentials run into in the modern USA.

The stark fact is that since we are only 14% of the population, and even less in high level fields and elite schools, every time you see a professional and successful Black couple, that couple exists because one (or likely both) of the Black people in that relationship turned down multiple suitable non-Black suitors in the past. In our wannabe post-racial world I know teaching preferences may seem like a dirty concept, but if you look at just random chance, you can only sustain a viable Black community and Black families, especially on the upper middle class end, if you accept teaching your kids to prefer Black isn't a bad thing.

My parents did that and me and my siblings all have Black spouses. Our friends with "whatever" parents are majority with non-Black partners.

I understand with the numbers that more Black women will date out and I have no problem with IR. There are many happy IR relationships and I wouldn't tell someone they are better off single than married with a suitable non-Black partner. But once we tell our kids that a strong Black preference or desire for a Black mate should not be their perspective, it's basically a road to complete assimilation, especially for the Talented Tenth outside of heavily Black metros.

Telling people to have no preference as a minority is telling them to have a preference---and in the majority of the cases it isn't a Black one. That's why I am not on board with the elders, particularly the men, actively prepping young Black men and women to date out. If they do, that is their choice and we should accept it but it is our responsibility to work to find them a suitable Black partner wherever possible. My Indian friends will call people they grew up with or attended school with in India who live on the other side of the USA to find viable suitors for their kids. We kinda just want to go with the flow or complain why everyone doesn't see how perfect we are.

Just my $0.02
And then cry when shyt doesn't go our way

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think if I didn't love Black women, I could've been out of the game already.
I agree with the post above.

And I didn't even attend some fancy institution or anything. I'm an outlier amongst my black coworkers in the professional world who went to HBCUs or west coast Ivys/Engineering schools (UCLA, CalTech, Cal Poly SLO etc.)

I can only imagine what's like for a breh in Washington, DC or Atlanta.

:wow:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I'm associates with a sports agent. Cool dude. He told me that he was caught up in the WW at one point as well.

He said basically they move heaven and Earth for BM in college; doing their homework, giving them money etc. A older WW suga momma taught him the game and why he went to law school. She basically groomed him.

But he said it's on some "pet negro" shyt and that they will drop the N bomb whenever they get upset.

He said he cautions his young BM clientele against dating WW.

**Completely off topic but his code switching game is on a level I have never seen.**

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Wealthy black men are going to be viewed as a paycheck no matter the race of the women they date.
This racial loyalty and generational wealth fearmongering happens every draft cycle when it comes to Black male athletes and BW policing their mate choices.

As if wealthy black men haven't been set up by BW, divorced by BW, cheated on by BW, money stolen, etc, etc. A Black man is only as good as his paycheck.
No matter the race of the woman. :hubie:

Finding that real connection as a breh, needle in a haystack:aicmon:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

They are one of the wealthiest and most educated groups in the country with no homicide or underclass problems at a large scale and plenty of men and women in the top professions and earning brackets. Yet the young ones marry non-Jews 50% of the time. Sure, they are White and are assimilating into White culture but if you talk to Jews, you realize a big difference between those whose kids marry Jewish and who don't are how :yeshrug: the parents are about the IR. The ones who are super liberal and like whatever (and usually secular) tend to see their kids marry out. More conservative ones have higher rates of marrying in though many still marry out a lot. One Jewish guy I know with a Jewish wife told me his grandma literally said one of his duties in life was to give her Jewish great-grandkids. And he did. Jewish people are now more focused on making sure interfaith grandkids are raised in Jewish ways (Hebrew school, high holidays) but even that is a struggle.

Just my $0.02

This is stupid

They just like white p*ssy.

:snooze:

Behold the two approaches you can choose between when approaching an online conversation :pachaha:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

Just my $0.02
And I totally, totally feel you.
Like I said, I have men of similar caliber in my family who only date/marry Black.
And they have their pick of women.
LITERALLY.
For every one Black woman they decide to be with, there were about 5 other educated, classy Black women who were in the mix that they just decided weren’t right for them. One of my aunts even said “for every one of them there are like 19 of you” while shaking her head. You know why? Because she’s watching her son run through a dozen Black female attorneys, MBAs, etc. She doesn’t like it and tells him so, but the imbalance is so great that he has too many options and wants to explore.

Sooooooooo all those women are supposed to…? Wha? Keep hope alive?

My point is, if every successful breh did, in fact, pick a Black woman, there would still be Black women left over, ALONE.

That’s my point. If all of y’all picked one of us there would still be women left over.
So those women, who put in the work to be in (or were born in) a particular class, subset, whatever- they are the ones who are supposed to put that aside and put Black first no matter what. They’re going to turn into “left over women (hi Japan)” simply because they’re waiting. That’s why ppl laugh at those “overly educated Black women who can’t find a man”. If thooooose women just said “well, let me open my options” they might, in fact, get married.

I definitely understand that we need to be intentional about choosing Black partners— that’s how it is with 99.9% of my fam and friends, but what happens when that intention has you running out the clock?

What folks aren’t acknowledging is that WE are on a clock. You could be a 40YO successful Black man and potentially pick a younger partner of any race simply because of what she knows you can provide. Doesn’t work the same for us.
So if all those college-aged Black women are being intentional, and they are encountering young men who want to play the field because the numbers are in their favor, dabble with girls of other races because those girls are throwing it at them, or just don’t feel like being serious because they know they have time…what happens when these Black girls get closer to “aging out”?

I’m really only talking about a small segment of our population. If all the “talented tenth” brehs picked a Black woman, the women who are their equivalent…they’d all be paired off with a breh, or some would be left on the sidelines?
We both know the answer. So what do THOSE women do?

Boxchevy

Pro
Bushed
Daps

Just my $0.02
This is a beautiful concept in 'theory' and I understand your sentiment, but it's not realistic in modern times. It's wayy to late and black people have not been on the same page as far as families, relationships, marriage etc in decades. It's a wrap...

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
The thought of having white in laws and having white folk from her side of the family having access to me and my crib is enough

I'm straight, but these high paid black athletes, if nothing else gone have a 7/10 white wife that they put on these pedastals

At least bag a 10 you dumbass nikkas

And y'all juelzing ass nikkas know goddamn well these black athletes would marry out regardless of what black women did or didn't do

Why we acting like this is a new thing, these CTE prone athletes don't have the foresight to even think that deep, it's not that deep, they just want a white wife

It's really just the nikkas that can't date out piggybacking off the situation to troll black women, this is so childish

:mjlol:

Last edited:

Boxchevy

Pro
Bushed
Daps
And I totally, totally feel you.
Like I said, I have men of similar caliber in my family who only date/marry Black.
And they have their pick of women.
LITERALLY.
For every one Black woman they decide to be with, there were about 5 other educated, classy Black women who were in the mix that they just decided weren’t right for them. One of my aunts even said “for every one of them there are like 19 of you” while shaking her head. You know why? Because she’s watching her son run through a dozen Black female attorneys, MBAs, etc. She doesn’t like it and tells him so, but the imbalance is so great that he has too many options and wants to explore.

Sooooooooo all those women are supposed to…? Wha? Keep hope alive?

My point is, if every successful breh did, in fact, pick a Black woman, there would still be Black women left over, ALONE.

That’s my point. If all of y’all picked one of us there would still be women left over.
So those women, who put in the work to be in (or were born in) a particular class, subset, whatever- they are the ones who are supposed to put that aside and put Black first no matter what. They’re going to turn into “left over women (hi Japan)” simply because they’re waiting. That’s why ppl laugh at those “overly educated Black women who can’t find a man”. If thooooose women just said “well, let me open my options” they might, in fact, get married.

I definitely understand that we need to be intentional about choosing Black partners— that’s how it is with 99.9% of my fam and friends, but what happens when that intention has you running out the clock?

What folks aren’t acknowledging is that WE are on a clock. You could be a 40YO successful Black man and potentially pick a younger partner of any race simply because of what she knows you can provide. Doesn’t work the same for us.
So if all those college-aged Black women are being intentional, and they are encountering young men who want to play the field because the numbers are in their favor, dabble with girls of other races because those girls are throwing it at them, or just don’t feel like being serious because they know they have time…what happens when these Black girls get closer to “aging out”?

I’m really only talking about a small segment of our population. If all the “talented tenth” brehs picked a Black woman, the women who are their equivalent…they’d all be paired off with a breh, or some would be left on the sidelines?
We both know the answer. So what do THOSE women do?
Good post. It seems as though Black men due to ego and pride just want those women to wait on the sidelines or date/marry down vs aiming higher and opening up their options. With that mindset they don’t want what's best for Black women. It's a selfish mindset..