Black America's Wealth Illusion: Black Celebrities misrepresenting the black community's wealth

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Super Human was hyperbole, its the internet...

Trust me i have been around professional athletes for more than a decade.

I could dunk in middle school and my redshirt season in college i could dunk from the foul line before i started lifting weights.

I still have a bunch of friends from UM in the NFL, i knew Sean Taylor before he got killed.

I lived with world class athletes for years in my my 20's.....

People can work out as hard as they wan't but without natural size strength or insane speed and quickness they wont play pro.

I only say this because of your comment in bold, i know plenty of dudes like that.

Of course some people have genetic advantages over other people, and depending on your genetics you may be more apt to excel at certain sports. Black people are more likely than other ethnic groups to have some traits that may help to excel in certain sports. Other groups may have advantages that help them excel in other sports. Point is -

1. None of this has anything to do with weak ass eugenics attempts by slavemasters and everything to do with preexisting genetics

2. This does not in any way explain black dominance in popular athletics. The average genetic differences between, for example, black people and white people are not even close to being big enough to account for 78% of NBA players being black.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
1. None of this has anything to do with weak ass eugenics attempts by slavemasters and everything to do with preexisting genetics

2. This does not in any way explain black dominance in popular athletics. The average genetic differences between, for example, black people and white people are not even close to being big enough to account for 78% of NBA players being black.

This is the last time i'm going to say this.

The point was the biggest male and female slaves were bred to have children to work the fields for the slave masters.

And these were already the strongest slaves who survived the transatlantic slave trade.

It's simple what don't you understand about that.

Today in the NBA and NFL many players come directly from this slave lineage.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
What's happening in this thread :why:

I ain't about to read all this shyt

Nobody came up with any solutions for why Black Celebrities keep misrepresenting the black community's wealth.

We tried talking about the athletes and rappers at first who do this but sorry it wen't off topic......

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is the last time i'm going to say this.

The point was the biggest male and female slaves were bred to have children to work the fields for the slave masters.

And these were already the strongest slaves who survived the transatlantic slave trade.

It's simple what don't you understand about that.

Today in the NBA and NFL many players come directly from this slave lineage.

The point is that none of that shyt was well-controlled enough or on a large enough scale to cause major genetic differences.

-Survival during the middle passage and on the way to the slave markets wasn't based on who had the "strongest" genes. It had to do with how healthy the person was at the start of the trip and events on the way to the market (nutrition, exposure to diseases, etc.). It's flat out not accurate to say that the people who survived the transatlantic slave trade had the "strongest genes". Sad to say but it was mostly luck.

-Any eugenics efforts on the part of slave masters were way too crude, inexact, and small scale to have any significant long term effects. Taking a few tall people and forcing them to have a kid is not going to produce some "superhumans" or anything like that. Especially not in a few hundred years.

Major genetic change in humans doesn't occur over a couple hundred years, that's not enough generations. Fact.

WeSeeIt

Rookie
Daps
2012-Black-Family-income.jpg

Damn shame...

WeSeeIt

Rookie
Daps
If you think that's bad...

2011-wealth-gaps-24.png

:wow:
Habitually RENTING and not OWNING your own home. Not having a 401k, investment portfolio, or retirement savings. Not owning anything of appreciating worth. There's a problem. Blacks can never retire. They HAVE to work until they die.

The second you have more than a few thousand in the bank and you're black, the tellers at the office think you're some kind of alien. 'Please, sir, would you like to speak with a personal banker for a moment. We've looked at your account and see that you have some opportunity there.' SMH. You guys couldn't wait to get me out the door when all I had was 15 bucks.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Super Human was hyperbole, its the internet...

Trust me i have been around professional athletes for more than a decade.

I could dunk in middle school and my redshirt season in college i could dunk from the foul line before i started lifting weights.

I still have a bunch of friends from UM in the NFL, i knew Sean Taylor before he got killed.

I lived with world class athletes for years in my my 20's.....

People can work out as hard as they wan't but without natural size strength or insane speed and quickness they wont play pro.

I only say this because of your comment in bold, i know dudes from UM like that.

I remember reading on how Edgerrin James used to work in the Everglades with his fam pickin' watermelons all day :damn: Do you know how STRONG you have to be to be liftin' watermelons 8 hours straight? :wow:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Habitually RENTING and not OWNING your own home. Not having a 401k, investment portfolio, or retirement savings. Not owning anything of appreciating worth. There's a problem. Blacks can never retire. They HAVE to work until they die.

The second you have more than a few thousand in the bank and you're black, the tellers at the office think you're some kind of alien. 'Please, sir, would you like to speak with a personal banker for a moment. We've looked at your account and see that you have some opportunity there.' SMH. You guys couldn't wait to get me out the door when all I had was 15 bucks.

Back in the real estate days I remember going to deposit my first 5 figure commission check. You would have thought I was in VIP at the FontaineBleu the way I got treated :heh: And it was NOT that much money, especially for where I was at.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
I remember reading on how Edgerrin James used to work in the Everglades with his fam pickin' watermelons all day :damn: Do you know how STRONG you have to be to be liftin' watermelons 8 hours straight? :wow:

I would always see Edgerrin James at UM in the offseason when i was working out in the Hecht Center.

In the Glades (belle glade FLA) him and other players would catch rabbits to work on speed & quickness.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
why cant white breed so they can dominate the nfl then?

they seem envious of blacks being the on top in the nfl........wouldn't you think they would do something about it?

when hitler and the whole white world was on its whites are superior in every way extremist shyt....why did they still end up losing boxing and track? wouldn't they do anything to win....like breed superhuman whites n germans....:patrice: