Black Americans are the creators of Breakdancing, Rapping and Hip Hop... NOT Latinos says a guy who grew up with DJ Cool Herc.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
SIR NORIN RAD:"That's very interesting! You were featured in that documentary "The Freshest Kids" and you stated there something to the effect that you were actually already B-Boying when there were hardly any Puerto Ricans around doing that dance...."

JOJO:"That's exactly what I'm meaning. What I'm telling you now that's what I meant when I said that. We were the only Puerto Ricans that got busy. Now DJ Kool Tee and DJ Mr. Lee (early DJs from the West Bronx) used to give us our respect and say, "Check out the Puerto Rican B-Boys in the house! B-Boy Spiderman and B-Boy Spiderweb!" And we got busy and that was way back. Back then there were a lot of Zulu B-Boys around. They sorta ran it back then. As for the Puerto Rican B-Boys we were just up and coming.

DJ%2BMr.%2BTee.jpg

here is a video with JoJo (rock steady before crazy legs) and Trac2. Jojo talks about how PRs picked up on the dance after watching black bboys/zulu kings and then as they (Ricans) picked up on the dance towards the later 1970s, blacks would laugh at them for still doing a played out (remember, blacks had been bboying since 1970) dance

it's during this late 1970s/early 1980s era in which droves of Ricans entered HipHop via bboying because most blacks had stopped doing bboying to get more in the musical side of things

P8YbYYj.png

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
it's during this late 1970s/early 1980s era in which droves of Ricans entered HipHop via bboying because most blacks had stopped doing bboying to get more in the musical side of things

Some of the REAL BBOY PIONEERS (blacks) talking about when they retired from the game and when Ricans picked up the torch; Batch (Rican bboy) himself who first saw BBoying in 1975 says his crew (TBB rocking crew: first Rican bboy crew) didn't have any contact with HipHop culture as a movement until 1977 when they met Zulu Nation

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Why is this a debate?

Hip hop is black created period

Other groups like Puerto Ricans may have participated and helped but it's black first and foremost