Bills vs Bengals on Monday night football. GAME POSTPONED… UPDATE- HE’S AWAKE .

Who wins.

• Bills

• Bangles

Results are only viewable after voting.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I hope he ain't blaming himself or letting it fukk with him mentally cause it was just a regular football play. Nothing he did wrong.

It happened at my job. Guy showed up and collapsed right before going into the plant. Our nurses had to perform CPR and bring out the defibrillator. He didn't make it and we killed cows and packed meat like nothing happened. He was a good dude that got along with everyone.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I think it's the NFL lying. Something definitely happened cause around the time of that announcement you see both teams start stirring and then the coaches meet up at which point they took the players off the field.

Its possible that buck was told if they were to resume that there would be a 5 minute warm up and then things started stirring on the field and buck assumed it meant a restart or something

But you're probably right

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It happened at my job. Guy showed up and collapsed right before going into the plant. Our nurses had to perform CPR and bring out the defibrillator. He didn't make it and we killed cows and packed meat like nothing happened. He was a good dude that got along with everyone.
At a regular job I understand continuing. When playing football I just don't see how mentally it doesn't fukk with your head having to get yourself into a mental space to go out colliding with other players with that hanging in the back of the mind. I couldn't imagine trying to play right after. Of course I feel the same after seeing every major injury. These dudes are built different though too.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's the NFL lying. Something definitely happened cause around the time of that announcement you see both teams start stirring and then the coaches meet up at which point they took the players off the field.
I think there could have been some miscommunication between the on site refs/reps working towards getting the game going again b/c that's their job while the NFL offices were still deciding on what exactly they were going to do b/c they're looking at it from a PR/backlash angle, but I still think the way the broadcast presented it is what happened. Whether the "5 mins" was an on field suggestion or from the NFL directly we'll never really know but that directive came from somewhere.

BTW, as much as it's a past-time to shyt on ESPN these days, mega-props for making that very difficult pivot from game coverage to human interest story and actually doing it well. SVP, Clark & the main broadcast did their job superbly tonight.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
At a regular job I understand continuing. When playing football I just don't see how mentally it doesn't fukk with your head having to get yourself into a mental space to go out colliding with other players with that hanging in the back of the mind. I couldn't imagine trying to play right after. Of course I feel the same after seeing every major injury. These dudes are built different though too.

There were a lot of people shook by it. It happened as people were going into work. It's not easy to see someone collapse and die in front of you.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I think there could have been some miscommunication between the on site refs/reps working towards getting the game going again b/c that's their job while the NFL offices were still deciding on what exactly they were going to do b/c they're looking at it from a PR/fallback angle, but I still think the way the broadcast presented it is what happened. Whether the "5 mins" was an on field suggestion or from the NFL directly we'll never really know but that directive came from somewhere.

BTW, as much as it's a past-time to shyt on ESPN these days, mega-props for making that very difficult pivot from game coverage to human interest story and actually doing it well. SVP, Clark & the main broadcast did their job superbly tonight.
Agreed. Credit where it's due. I was emotional just typing about it on here. Imagine being in front of millions having to keep composure while articulating thoughts. I thought they did a good job and also liked Booger flat calling for the NFL to end the game and send everyone home.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Man. I see a lot of players stepping away from the game after this. That tua shyt was hard enough. But this shyt? So damn unavoidable. A sequence of events that happens every play.

Really wish he pulls through.
I actually think we're going to hit a point where contracts go up and careers get shorter. In many ways it's happening right now.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
most players are married to the game
you don't get to this level without being obsessed
Yeah but i see this generation of players really thinking about the value of life more after football.

Plus the info coming out about cte and other shyt. They are more privy to the evidence that the game is not good. Its not worth it.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Man. I see a lot of players stepping away from the game after this. That tua shyt was hard enough. But this shyt? So damn unavoidable. A sequence of events that happens every play.

Really wish he pulls through.
So the 80+ years of the NFL and this event will make people stop playing? This is the very definition of an anomaly.