Billions - Season 5/Part 2 (September 5th/Official Thread)

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Episode 5:
The kidney storyline has an obvious ending unless they really kill him off
The scene with the mom is :picard: just destroy anything she gives him.

so he bought the house but where is the family going? :russ: He must have over paid for that house. That’s a bigger story if the journalist knows how to spin it

this show is getting woke but it feels so phony. Your two main characters are the 1% stop trying to relate

episode 6:
Slacker really slept with that :scust: greasy guy come on

Chuck :dame:

The helicopter scene is :comeon:. I’m pretty sure there are heavy post 9/11 laws and you can’t fly personal aircrafts through the city. The government definitely has records of the helicopter flying

I didn’t care for the c plot with spiros
This season is a hot mess and convoluted. Just hang it up and call this thing a sitcom. Slacker sleeping with the handyman, Spiro and his Mensa test, Wendy and the artist, Wags and his random religion cult son, Axe turning into the Norman Bates of Wall Street
source.gif

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Not to keep crapping on this show, but I'm rewatching the Sopranos pilot right now in order to test out HBOMax. I just paused after Chris says the line "Louis Brasi sleeps with the fishes."

See, even mobsters that watch The Godfather 100s of times don't ALWAYS get every quote 100% perfect 100% of the time. That's just how it is in the real world. But on Billions, it seems like every main character has an obsessive compulsive perfect recall of every line from every movie considered "important" to people in their world.

And that's not even a new thing, this show has always been like that.

But something that does seem kind of new is that the show seems to be starting to use some of the side characters to deliver "lessons". For example, "Watch as Taylor gives you a lesson on how to make money for your firm, AND be environmentally responsible!" I almost wonder if the writers are thinking "Hmmm...maybe some business school will use this clip in a class someday! We're so important!!".

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The writing on this show has gone to shyt :francis:
I might go back to watch some earlier season's episodes to compare. I'm not sure if the writing has actually gotten worse, or if it was always shaky and I just never really paid attention until it started to bother me.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
The writing on this show has gone to shyt :francis:
Don’t think the writing has gotten worse. Just that you’re getting tired of the show :lolbron:.

I think the show is missing Malik Ackerman and Connerty.

It also doesn’t have strong adversaries like the general this season too.

⠀⠀⠀

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Corona, ca
i gave up on this show during the second episode of this season. i never thought the day would come of me giving up on this show :mjcry:

succession better not fail me :ufdup:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I might go back to watch some earlier season's episodes to compare. I'm not sure if the writing has actually gotten worse, or if it was always shaky and I just never really paid attention until it started to bother me.
It’s not just you- the first 3 series are far superior in terms of acting, writing and storyline. The protagonist-antagonist were more clearly defined. The introduction of other supporting characters.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
not a bad ep
when the black guy thought the warriors was a real historical event :mjlol:

the pill almost had me going online for a stack but then the ending with taylor was funny too. I guess the limitless pill stilll doesn't exisrt.:mjcry:

I would fire that guy though he messed axe up two weeks in a row but he did fire him before so it makes sense he's so incompetent.

the yale kids acting all righteous. sit your asses down :mjlol: I actually was on chuck's side for that scene.

Last edited:

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
I started binge watching Billions a few weeks ago and finally caught up. I liked it at the beginning but going into S4 it seemed like a chore to watch. Characters talking in movie/music references and metaphors all the time started getting corny and was just generally unrealistic. It felt like Family Guy.