Billions - Season 2 (Official Thread/Feb 19th)

James Worthy

Superstar
Daps
Tell that to the fukkheads who cancelled Brotherhood.:pacspit::mjcry:

People don't understand how great BROTHERHOOD was. Jason Isaacs killed that role. I'm pissed they cancelled that show. :mjcry: It feels like that show was ahead of its time. If it was on now it would probably be critically acclaimed.

Show was so slept on...people were still having a Soprano hangover so it didnt win people over i guess...maybe it might resurface and become popular like the Wire did ...people slept on the Wire when it was first out 2...

Or they should it bring it back and we get a fourth season with Micheal coming back for revenge...shiit...they could even do a prequel...:lupe:

Last edited:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Showtime doesn't really cancel its shows so we good money.

Anyone else feel like Lara over reacted? One misstep and she was ready to throw it all away? And I'm not feeling that her brothers "premonition" that when they go back the "abuse" gets worse coming true either.
At first you'd say yeah she overreacted. But if one of rules, and staples of their marriage is 100% honesty, and that's what keeps the ship running smooth, then no she didn't overreact. Their marriage doesn't seem typical.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Showtime doesn't really cancel its shows so we good money.

Anyone else feel like Lara over reacted? One misstep and she was ready to throw it all away? And I'm not feeling that her brothers "premonition" that when they go back the "abuse" gets worse coming true either.

yeah, showtime shows tend to run a really long time look at the following:

shameless-7 seasons with # 8 on the way
weeds-8 seasons
dexter-8 seasons
homeland-6 seasons with # 7 next year
ray donovan-4 seasons with #5 this summer
house of lies-5 seasons
nurse jackie-7 seasons

on top of that, unlike HBO, all the showtime series have 12 episodes per season where HBO will try to jipp you at times with 8 or 10 episode seasons on some shows.

I totally feel she overreacted. it wasn't even a big deal to me

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I think the fact that Wendy had a lot to do with Axe lying to her added to her reaction. Anyone else, no doubt she doesn't leave, but she is threatened by Wendy. She is threatened that she is the only other women in Axe's life that has a sort of control over him, Wendy also makes her own money and you saw how shyt blew up in Lara's face when she tried to become a businesswoman (so there is some jealousy there too). All in all, I think Lara wishes she could be Wendy, in terms of truly being respected and controlling.

it's not like lara couldn't go do a regular job. she's a nurse by trade, so she could easily go back into the healthcare field in some capacity.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I don't know why, but got this feeling that something is going to happen between Chuck and Lara. Maybe it is just off the call between the two.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I don't know why, but got this feeling that something is going to happen between Chuck and Lara. Maybe it is just off the call between the two.

Nah if anything it's always been wendy and axe... That's why Chuck secretly despises him...:lolbron: Remember when he saw them pics of them talking??!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Nah if anything it's always been wendy and axe... That's why Chuck secretly despises him...:lolbron: Remember when he saw them pics of them talking??!

I know that, but it seems too obvious, because everyone knows it will eventually happen Axe & Wendy. But It's not going to be such an OH shyt moment like if something was to happen between Lara & Chuck. If Lara was with anyone else but Axe should would be the dominant one in her relationship, like she is with everyone else, Chuck loves that shyt.

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Sucks for Chuck that his wife is going to go down also I am assuming. Great episode though.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
:wow:I had to rewind that last part, simply brilliant. Obviously Chuck understands that Axe would figure out the source, so that is likely irrelevant. But his ex might be on the hook because of the timing. But just amazing, amazing episode from beginning to end. I might just watch that motherfukker again and I rarely watch TV ep's twice. I ain't been this impressed with the ending of an episode since I first saw "The Carousel".

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Chuck stays losing even when he wins. He's doesn't even know that Axe figured out the funding source and is ready to expose that as well. This is a double edged sword Chuck is holding.

He intentionally kept everyone in the dark. I think he KNEW all of this would happen, but he willingly let it happen in order to create more convincing "shark bait".

When Wendy came to talk to him, he had a look like "F- you too, if you don't believe in me".

It's not like his shares disappeared. They have photos of all of Axe's people poisoning themselves outside of the Ice Juice stores. The stock may not go back to 30 overnight, but they'll probably regain most of their cash in time. Chuck's willing to let all the people around him take a temporary hit, to make himself look brilliant.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
He intentionally kept everyone in the dark. I think he KNEW all of this would happen, but he willingly let it happen in order to create more convincing "shark bait".

When Wendy came to talk to him, he had a look like "F- you too, if you don't believe in me".

It's not like his shares disappeared. They have photos of all of Axe's people poisoning themselves outside of the Ice Juice stores. The stock may not go back to 30 overnight, but they'll probably regain most of their cash in time. Chuck's willing to let all the people around him take a temporary hit, to make himself look brilliant.
But the money used to fund the deal was from Chuck's trust. His role as attorney general prevents him from touching it. Axe figured that out. Chuck can't move forward with this without destroying his current career and future in politics. However, now he brought in that nerd from DC who is all about justice. Once Chuck realizes his mistake he won't be able to call off the dogs.