Billionaire GOP Donor Peter Thiel Blames Christianity for ‘Wokeness’: ‘It Always Takes the Side of the Victim’

Daps
This is 4-D chess.

There are 2 kinds of conservatives: religious Mike Pence/Dubya types and pseudo libertarian types.

The Joe Rogan/young Mountain Dew, UFC watching white guys.....they don't give a damn about abortion, going to church etc. They think Trump is a buffoon at times but they will also vote for him over anyone else. Usually they attempt to be nuanced in political discussions but you can suss out their bullshyt very quickly just by mentioning race, feminism etc. They want to be mediocre yet in control of women and POC. They're frustrated because the world isn't letting them win anymore.

Then you got the religious types. They pretty much vote on abortion/gay issues but at its core.....it's just white supremacy. They will happily accept POC into their ranks, provided you are OK being a 2nd class citizen within your own peer group.

Trump is NOT religious in the slightest and I think he's tired of pandering. The billionaire wealthy donors are tired of dealing with them. They just want their tax breaks, deregulation and freedom to be as corrupt as possible without any interference. A bunch of gamer atheists and hardcore Evangelicals don't have any common ground besides white supremacy......and there are those who may want to split the coalition up. Dems gotta figure out how to drive a wedge.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Can someone explain to me what "wokeness" is exactly? Has that work changed since people were saying "stay woke" and all that years ago
What the fukk is “wokeness”?
It's "victims" or descendants of "victims" getting preferential treatment because they were "victims". And that's not right. lol

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Goofy responses so far from the Bible thumpers.

The cacademon isn't entirely wrong. I mean, its a remix of a religion, by a group of people who have been/are historically oppressed. Europeans were killing Christians in droves for their first 200 years of existence. Christianity made dying for your religion and civil disobedience hot.

Christianity's greatest strength is/was its ability to appeal to oppressed peoples. It's why, out of all of the copycat l, Jewish heresies, Christianity had staying power. Christianity started off practicing inclusivity, didn't require an entrance fee, didn't have a fixed place of worship, it's people "recognized" that Earthly rulers don't have real power over them...which they went around spreading the good news. Some of that shyt sounds like what cacs say wokthumper.

Things are different now since many would say Christianity is now the big oppressor of the world but its pretty woke in retrospect. Christianity is the most "liberal", "progressive" or least resistance to cultural changes than the other sand people beliefs....

There have been 3 denominations of Judisam, less than 10 of Islam and several thousand of Christianity.... with more forming everyday. I think there was one created in Ukraine or Russian a few years ago because of the war.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
It's "victims" or descendants of "victims" getting preferential treatment because they were "victims". And that's not right. lol
that seems completely different than what it used to be for IIRC. Sounds ridiculous but also a good indicator to know where someone stands

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

The cacademon isn't entirely wrong. I mean, its a remix of a religion, by a group of people who have been/are historically oppressed. Europeans were killing Christians in droves for their first 200 years of existence. Christianity made dying for your religion and civil disobedience hot.

Christianity's greatest strength is/was its ability to appeal to oppressed peoples. It's why, out of all of the copycat l, Jewish heresies, Christianity had staying power. Christianity started off practicing inclusivity, didn't require an entrance fee, didn't have a fixed place of worship, it's people "recognized" that Earthly rulers don't have real power over them...which they went around spreading the good news. Some of that shyt sounds like what cacs say wokthumper.

Things are different now since many would say Christianity is now the big oppressor of the world but its pretty woke in retrospect. Christianity is the most "liberal", "progressive" or least resistance to cultural changes than the other sand people beliefs....

There have been 3 denominations of Judisam, less than 10 of Islam and several thousand of Christianity.... with more forming everyday. I think there was one created in Ukraine or Russian a few years ago because of the war.

Another coli atheist

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
that seems completely different than what it used to be for IIRC. Sounds ridiculous but also a good indicator to know where someone stands
Yeah, Black people started it as be more aware of your surroundings and what others are doing and what their agenda are. Right wingers co-opted it and made it into a snide term for people dumb enough to fight for equality. lol

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can someone explain to me what "wokeness" is exactly? Has that work changed since people were saying "stay woke" and all that years ago

Yes. Its the pushing of the liberal agenda. Which is basically forced inclusion,along with forced acceptance of LGBT nonsense. I believe a disdain for the womens empowerment movement/feminism extremism is also in the mix. But not sure,because there are also women who hate "wokeness" too. And I doubt they are all against womens empowerment. So it may be seperate groups,who hate these things individually. Racist,homophobes and of course incels. One thing is for sure,what unites them is their hatred of black people:respect:

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Was Christianity on the side of the victim when it was being weaponized to enslave and keep docile the Millions of people forced to build this country?

I guess it was okay for it to be on the side of the victim when the "founding fathers" used it's principles as a justification to break away from the British empire

What about when it's basis was used to justify the Millions of euro-based immigrants America happily took in, including Peter's parents?

Billionaires coming to conclusions this divorced from reality shows these guys aren't as smart as people think and are merely better at working a system they were intended to influence.

Some Genius

:camby:

If you make a person like Thiel, who can only see things from his angered and power hungry perspective, aware of history that he is actively trying to remove from schools, he might be a dangerous man. But since he doesn’t like history that includes the perspective of “victims” he won’t make that connection. And that’s a good thing, because his white nationalism would probably do well in religious circles if introduced correctly.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I seen an in depth Thiel interview on 60 Minutes like a decade ago and he's just a socially awkward Uber nerd. He seems just very uncomfortable with basic human interaction.
I believe he wanted to build an island off the shore of the West coast not governed by anyone. He just hates people and society at large because he doesn't have the basic skills to relate. The only reason people listen to him is because he's super rich.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You would need to show where Christianity as taught in American churches teach the brand of wokeness he is complaining about. Which I know for a fact you cannot do. It doesnt teach inclusion of homosexuals. It doesnt really teach acceptance at all if you are defiantly immoral and against gods laws. It teaches the man is the head and the woman is to be submissive to man.

Yall just dont like to acknowledge your cult behavior and indoctrination by the Europeans education system/cirriculum. Colleges and mainstream media historically lean heavily liberal. Theyve been used as spaces to indoctrinate the youth with liberal ideologies for decades now.

All your seeing now is that the internet has far more reaching and staying power than university,t.v,movies,news media. The rightwing arguably has a stronger foothold on the internet because thats where they got pushed to share their unpopular ideas anonymously. The playing field is far more level now before the rise of the internet and smart phones. But colleges continue to be an indoctrination camp for Democrats. Where as the internet has many indoctrination camps for Republican leanings.

Its just far easier to blame Churches than to admit yall are in political cults:respect:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean this is some evil ass shyt to say.

People have been saying this for about two hundred years. Nietzsche most obviously but also people like Gibbon blaming the fall of the Roman world due to the lack of marshal spirit inherent in Christianity.