Billionaire GOP Donor Peter Thiel Blames Christianity for ‘Wokeness’: ‘It Always Takes the Side of the Victim’

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Billionaire GOP donor Peter Thiel blamed Christianity for the proliferation of “wokeness” in a recent interview, complaining that the religion “always takes the side of the victim.”

In a discussion on the TRIGGERnometry YouTube channel, one of Thiel’s interlocutors mused that wokeness “started at the universities” before ending up all over social media and into the broader culture.

“Yeah, but I still think that was not, again we can — it’s very hard to know these cultural arguments,” replied Thiel. “I don’t know, I’d be open to a sort of a religious interpretation.”

“That it is Christianity, the, you know, the main religion of the Western world. You know, it always takes the side of the victim and there’s something where it is like some kind of deformation or intensification,” argued Thiel. “And maybe you should think of wokeness as ultra-Christianity or hyper-Christianity.”

He continued:

It’s just like an extreme intensification and, you know, it’s maybe there’s no forgiveness and so it’s sort of, it’s you still have original sin and you have all these bad things that happened in the past. The past is terrible and you can never overcome it. But there’s surely a religious interpretation of this is sort of, you know, what happened is, has let’s say the church lost a certain amount of authority, but people didn’t become, you know, rationalist, atheist people. They went into the sort of woke religion, which, you know, has been, which I would interpret as, you know, a certain, you know, extreme form of Christianity.
“There’s a religious interpretation, you know, there’s an economic one, there is an educational one, and you know, there’s obviously some technology piece,” concluded Thiel.

Thiel, the founder of PayPal, is best known politically for his support of JD Vance and Blake Masters’s respective campaigns for U.S. Senate in 2022. While Vance, a Catholic, not only prevailed but was named Donald Trump’s running mate at the Republican National Convention last month, Masters has flamed out in spectacular fashion, most recently losing a Republican House primary.

I mean this is some evil ass shyt to say.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Was Christianity on the side of the victim when it was being weaponized to enslave and keep docile the Millions of people forced to build this country?

I guess it was okay for it to be on the side of the victim when the "founding fathers" used it's principles as a justification to break away from the British empire

What about when it's basis was used to justify the Millions of euro-based immigrants America happily took in, including Peter's parents?

Billionaires coming to conclusions this divorced from reality shows these guys aren't as smart as people think and are merely better at working a system they were intended to influence.

Some Genius

:camby:

Last edited:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Was Christianity on the side of the victim when it was being weaponized to enslave and keep docile the Millions of people forced to build this country?

I guess it was okay for it to be on the side of the victim when the "founding fathers" used it's principles as a justification to break away from the British empire

What about when it's basis was used to justify the Millions of euro-based immigrants America happily took in, including Peter's parents?

Billionaires coming to conclusions this divorced from reality shows these guys aren't as smart as people think and are merely better at working a system they were intended to influence.

Some Genius

:camby:

200w.gif

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
An alarming chunk of Christians literally think Trump is a chosen one and Trump is somewhat aligned with Thiel so I dont know why he would say this

And while im on "stupid shyt republicacs do that doesnt make sense" why would you let your plan to overthrow the US government (Project 2025) have an official website and wikipedia page like a year in advance?

Thank fukk these dudes are stupid as fukk so we have a chance

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
He’s a pillow biter who’s behind Vance(probably literally) Looks like a civil war will erupt in the fight between these new age quasi libertarians like Thiel, musk, Pourtnoy and the traditional conservatives

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure I read the same thing on here in the past.

Probably just one of those people who buys into Frederick Nietsche philosophy/ideology.

"Nietzsche's idea of the Ubermensch, or the superman, is an idea of humans who create their own values based on their experience of life."

They believe laws and values,and us being brainwashed with those laws and values supress greatness of many men. Almost impossible to be a black man and not agree with this to an extent. But the issue is the indoctrination in general.

He blames Christianity when really its just the cult of the Democrats. Just like its the cult of MAGA. Liberals are "woke" because they have been indoctrinated by liberal ideology. If it was Christianity most of the country would be Republican. Obviously the cult of Christianity is just as bad as these political cults. So the real issue is people not being bought up to be free thinkers. We are bought up to be mindless batteries for the European mostly. He should be careful asking for anything else. The current model works great for the billionaires and those who need to subjugate:respect:

Crude

Superstar
Daps
These are the type of sociopaths that are backing political candidates such as JD Vance.

Literally the type of man that wants to burn everything down to prove his point about wokeness and other people’s religious preferences.

You can lead those White hillbillies straight to hell playing on their bigotry and the idea that minorities and others not like them will suffer.