3) Big Pun - Capital Punishment
4) Mobb Deep - Murda Muzik
5) Notorious BIG - Ready 2 Die
6) Styles P - A Gangster and a Gentleman
7) 50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Trying
8) Camron - Come Home With Me
9) Dipset - Diplomatic Immunity Vol 1
10) Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

(not necessary that order you could swap most of them around)

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Damn. Kendrick stans about to go crazy with this one. They been saying that TPAB is objectively one of the greatest albums in music period. But Billboard got it at 54 in hip hop
:wow:
Damn is in the Top 20, I've been saying that's his best work.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We had a few criteria when deciding: We only included full-length projects that were commercially released, so no mixtapes or EPs. We took into account the world into which the album was released: Did it break new ground or was it just a different version of a more popular album? We weighed the album’s impact and how it’s endured over time: Did it change the game? Do people still play it? And, of course, since we’re Billboard, we took into account how the albums performed commercially — though ultimately, that was a lesser consideration.

Cool DOC

All Star
Daps
Muthafukkas need to stop hating on Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill. Ya’ll sound like some sexist punks. That album is PRISTINE from top to bottom, one of the most beautiful albums ever made and we should all be PROUD that that album exists on the Hip Hop lexicon.
This album got 12 tracks with 4, maybe 5 actually having raps on them. Why is it here? And so high at that.

More importantly, why isn't that problematic to you for a top RAP list.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This album got 12 tracks with 4, maybe 5 actually having raps on them. Why is it here? And so high at that.

More importantly, why isn't that problematic to you for a top RAP list.

Doo Wop
Lost Ones
Final Hour
Forgive Them Father
Superstar
Everything Is Everything

^^^ all have raps.

"Doo Wop" was a #1 Hot 100 single and thus, the biggest song on the album. It is mostly rap verses.

Name me ONE successful R&B album in which the biggest song had the artist rapping more than they were singing.

Name ONE R&B album in which the rapping was praised as much if not more than the singing.

^^^ this is one of the reasons why Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was special. Artists had merged Hip Hop and R&B before (see Missy's Supa Dupa Fly), but Miseducation was different.

I don't know why ya'll sit here and try to discredit that album.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Miseducation is an amazing album but it's only being pushed into the top 10 for the sake of representation.

There are better albums that deserve that spot imo but it is what it is. :manny:

OK, then why did the Source magazine include this album in a Top 10 Hip Hop albums of 1998. Chris Rock created a 25 Greatest Hip Hop albums of all time list and it made his list.

Why would they need a Lauryn Hill album for representation on a list that already featured albums from Kim, Missy, Cardi, Latifah, and Nicki Minaj?

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Miseducation is a literally a perfect album if you don’t rate that album highly I question your music taste.

Nas dropped the ball missing out on that feature.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Miseducation is an amazing album but it's only being pushed into the top 10 for the sake of representation.

There are better albums that deserve that spot imo but it is what it is. :manny:

What representation? The album is a fukking classic from top to bottom.