Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I feel like they need to do purely skill level lists, then a list where it’s an overall influence type thing, cause then you wouldn’t have some of the nonsense that this list was.
how would you do this tho? the skills i can think of that go into rapping: word play (metaphors), rhyme scheme (multis), flow, delivery, voice, breath control....then there's stuff like punchlines and overall content of the music. you still end up with a list all over the place as some people gonna value certain skills more. like i really don't GAF about punch lines or rhyme scheme, but flow, delivery and content move me.

Budda

Superstar
Daps

I used to think so but i don't know anymore, wordplay, storytelling, punchlines, i would say they're pretty close. Drake took on Waynes style and does the whole punchline thing nearly as good, Wayne has a lot of corny ones himself, other than that i don't see how Wayne distinctly stands out fro Drake, when Drake is in his bag he can rap as good as anyone not named Nas Jay Lupe Jada....

I would have Fab Drake Pusha Wayne in the same league personally, why he is heralded to a much higher level than these rappers i really don't know.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I used to think so but i don't know anymore, wordplay, storytelling, punchlines, i would say they're pretty close. Drake took on Waynes style and does the whole punchline thing nearly as good, Wayne has a lot of corny ones himself, other than that i don't see how Wayne distinctly stands out fro Drake, when Drake is in his bag he can rap as good as anyone not named Nas Jay Lupe Jada....

I would have Fab Drake Pusha Wayne in the same league personally, why he is heralded to a much higher level than these rappers i really don't know.
Drake is so highly regarded becuz of all the hits. I am by no means a Drake fan. But ain’t no denying he can rap his ass off. Now I can see him being written off due to the ghostwriting thing but I’m sure he’s written plenty on his own. Nobody has had a run like Drake whose been on top of the game for over a decade and has never really had any fall off

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Wayne has reached rapping heights Drake has never. Wayne is just naturally a better rapper than Drake. I never heard Drake go dumb the same way I've heard Wayne. Matter fact if u been paying attention to Wayne's features the last couple years he's clearly been rapping better than Drake.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Wayne has reached rapping heights Drake has never. Wayne is just naturally a better rapper than Drake. I never heard Drake go dumb the same way I've heard Wayne. Matter fact if u been paying attention to Wayne's features the last couple years he's clearly been rapping better than Drake.

Can't agree

They both close

What verse from Wayne in last couple years is above any height Drakes reached?