Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Nas ain't the Goat just because you find him attractive dora.. how can you be from the West and just discredit cube like that smh
Cube is in my top 10, but nas is a better lyricist and has been doing it a high level for longer than Cube did. Cube clipped his prime by going super gangsta extraordinary thug when Death Row really took over, by west side connection, cube was so far gone from what he was in 89-92 and never got back

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No Too Short. List is laughable off the strength of just that

But E40 is on it. :mjlol:
This site has too many Nas dikkriders. You'll get laughed at out here in the West, if you even dare say that boring ass nikka was on cube's level. Of course white people put him at 3. He's the safe choice. Nas ain't never had an album that resonated with black America like amw or death certificate. And he defended Gwenth paltrow saying the n word. fukk outta here

I have Nas at #1 and Cube at #3. Cube my nikka, but he is in there for his earlier works. His work post Lethal injection was hit or miss. It’s obvious music was sacrificed for movies. I can’t even hate on that.

Nas on the other hand has been consistently either the best or arguably the best rapper for 30 years.

Nas is the only rapper on the top 10 to do it off the strength of his talent alone. No hype, no tragedy, no pop star wife, no fawning media(after Illmatic), just pure fukking talent. It’s actually amazing when you think about it.

Also, you sound like an idiot saying black people don’t fukk with Nas like that.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This site has too many Nas dikkriders. You'll get laughed at out here in the West, if you even dare say that boring ass nikka was on cube's level. Of course white people put him at 3. He's the safe choice. Nas ain't never had an album that resonated with black America like amw or death certificate. And he defended Gwenth paltrow saying the n word. fukk outta here

Black people don’t fukk with Nas? Man I done heard it all on here you are bugging

Last edited:

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Cube made AMW, Kill at Will and Death Certificate

How did this become a ice cube vs nas thread. Cube clearly is not high enough on this list. He is the best westcoast rapper since pac and should honestly be where Snoop is on the list, PERIOD.
NaS is NaS. He is a better lyricst but cube has more hit records, better mic presence, and is a better emcee if you want to call emceeing moving the crowd Cube will def do that. I saw cube perform 4 30 minutes straight at a soccer game.. no disrepect he was rocking the entire stadium nas cannot do that at all.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Honestly, with all of the omissions on this list, Cube vs Nas should not be the focus of the discussion. We're talking heavyweights. Cube mostly for his early work, and Nas for being the epitome of spittin poetry on wax.

It's the rest of the list in which there's a problem. No Ruler or G Rap. Why is Dre even on the list? Actually Missy doesn't need to be on here either, acknowledge her R&B pen game, and her wave, but not rapping ability.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, with all of the omissions on this list, Cube vs Nas should not be the focus of the discussion. We're talking heavyweights. Cube mostly for his early work, and Nas for being the epitome of spittin poetry on wax.

It's the rest of the list in which there's a problem. No Ruler or G Rap. Why is Dre even on the list? Actually Missy doesn't need to be on here either, acknowledge her R&B pen game, and her wave, but not rapping ability.

You’re right. There is no question that both should be atleast top ten. This dumbass Darryl dude has it in for Nas for some reason. He’s more offended at Nas #3 rank, than Nicki at 10 and the omission of other heavy hitters.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I know people like to omit rappers who don't write, but Dre made Chronic and 2001. He's justified. No he doesn't write, but lyrics alone don't make a great rapper, which is why I'm not mad at Missy Elliott making the list.

The real glaring omission is Slick Rick and the BS reasoning for leaving him off.

G. Rap is simply overlooked period. When people talk about mafiosos rap, him being the pioneer is overlooked and OB4CL is looked at as the album that popularized that whole lane. In terms of the crazy multi-syllabic rhyme style, Rakim and BDK are credited and G. Rap's influence in that regard is glossed over.

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
I know people like to omit rappers who don't write, but Dre made Chronic and 2001. He's justified. No he doesn't write, but lyrics alone don't make a great rapper, which is why I'm not mad at Missy Elliott making the list.

The real glaring omission is Slick Rick and the BS reasoning for leaving him off.

G. Rap is simply overlooked period. When people talk about mafiosos rap, him being the pioneer is overlooked and OB4CL is looked at as the album that popularized that whole lane. In terms of the crazy multi-syllabic rhyme style, Rakim and BDK are credited and G. Rap's influence in that regard is glossed over.

Nah, G Rap always get his due from those who know what they talking about. Both far as content and rhyme schemes. In hip hop circles and amongst rappers he always been recognized

You can't have Nas, Eminem and Pun all that high on the list and not have G Rap at least on there somewhere. All of them would tell you straight up the influence G Rap had on them. Dude's legitimately one of the most influential rappers of all time, it's egregious for him to be excluded. One of many reasons this list is lacking