Bill Cosby get sentenced Monday, faces 30 years

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Can anyone here explain why they don't think Bill Cosby can rape 60 women? He's 81 years old, and he has over 50 years in the business. Even if he only raped 60 women, that's LIGHT work over 50 years in the business. We got doctors, priests, and Hollywood executives out here raping left and right but it's so unfathomable to some of y'all that this powerful rich man who had a long career could rape a woman a year while on the road. :dahell:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
These statements actually mirror what I think of the Brett Cavanaugh/Christine Ford allegations.
The movement is coming from the left-wing and from the feminists.
This is the main word: "HEARSAY". Just because she said it doesn't mean it's true. In court, you need proof. I know you all hate me because I'm an ex-cop, but hearsay can't be entered into court as truth.
I understand the “Legality” of said situations..
But let’s not act like Public Opinion is not swaying these judgements..
Even if a man is found Not Guilty by the judiciary process...
He is still looked upon as a predator and that shyt will hunt him for life..
Now I :patrice:your opinion once you start speaking that “Liberal/Left Wing” jargon..
This is not a partisan-political debate..
This is a male/female, societal issue..
Are there true rape victims out here getting shafted..
Absolutely..
But we all have to look at the big picture on this issue of sexual harassment and rape..
A lot of these females are lying and looking funny in the light..
Once you read their stories..
You start to :patrice:
But these cacs that walk amongst us have insurmountable evidence against them and all they are met with is probation, therapy and seclusion on some tropical island..
Why is that..
I’m not arguing or :cape:for Dr. Huxtable because he definitely did some dirty shyt with SOME(not all) of these women..
My argument(like many others) are steeped in the blind hypocrisy in the way AMERIKKKA has always moved when it comes to White Men, White Women, White Passing Individuals..
Also this shyt is deeper than rap..
They are making black men the poster child’s of domestic violence and rape..
This is already feeding into the narrative of the black men hypersexual narrative that has plagued our community since the inception of AMERIKKKA..
This only perpetuates the negative image of ALL BLACK MEN..
I had some dude in this very thread telling me..
“I shouldn’t be worried because I’m just a regular joe”..
Bullshyt..
If anything..
This movement should have nikkas shaking in their boots because now an angry woman from your past could pop up and take everything from you with a Thanos snap..
I know that will make two brehette posters mad on this forum but this is the world we are living in..
And NO IM NOT ADVOCATING VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN..
I know how shyt gets misconstrued on here..
If you are guilty of a heinous crime like rape/domestic violence..
You deserve hell in the cell..
But we also have to look at the other side of the spectrum where many of these women are getting regular and extraordinary brehs hemmed up on lies..
Then destroying their lives in public opinion only to find out a breh did absolutely nothing..
I.E.
Nate Parker
Aziz Ansari
Chris Hardwick
And many others not in the limelight.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I have no idea how Tariq deals with his Twitter. It's FULL of cacs just saying dumb shyt. Like, I dunno.
He pisses them off on purpose, trust me they're more pissed at him than he is at them:russ: As for this whole "justice was served" bullshyt people are saying today, it's like they forget about the mistrial and the fact that they originally voted not guilty but the judge made them stay to change their vote.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
cmon bro you know the deal. you got dumb people caping acting like most women are these kind, meek goody too shoes people scared to call 911 or the police.

60 women were afraid to out him, they were scared for their lives because cosby was so powerful LMAO. no rape kits, police records, nothing WOW.

Do you guys actually read the transcripts or follow the trials you're all up in arms about? This dude admitted he'd given downers to women he wanted to have sex with. That shyt is not foreplay.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/bill-cosby-quaaludes-sexual-assault-allegations/index.html

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Bill Cosby Assault Case: A Timeline From Accusation to Sentencing

nytimes.com
Bill Cosby Assault Case: A Timeline From Accusation to Sentencing

6-8 minutes

Please disable your ad blocker

Advertising helps fund Times journalism.

26cosby-live-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Bill Cosby leaves court in handcuffs after being sentenced to three to 10 years in prison.CreditCreditMark Makela/Getty Images
[This article was updated Sept. 25, 2018]

Bill Cosby was sentenced to three to 10 years in prison on Tuesday for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home near here 14 years ago. Ten women, including Andrea Constand, who Mr. Cosby was convicted of assaulting, were in the courthouse to witness the sentencing.

Mr. Cosby, one of the world’s best-known entertainers, was found guilty in April of three counts of aggravated indecent assault against Ms. Constand, at the time a Temple University employee he had mentored.

During the trial, Ms. Constand became something of a proxy for other women, more than 50, who have accused Mr. Cosby of similar sexual misconduct. In the last few years, he has lost television deals, honorary college degrees and his reputation as “America’s Dad.”

Here is how the case unfolded and ended with Mr. Cosby’s prison sentence:

November 2002
Ms. Constand, who works for the Temple University women’s basketball team, meets Mr. Cosby, a Temple alumnus and supporter, at one of the team’s games in Philadelphia.

merlin_103039695_6255e4f7-d0cd-423b-a36f-bada280ee64b-articleLarge.jpg

Andrea Constand in December 2015. That month, Mr. Cosby was arrested on charges of sexually assaulting her.CreditMarta Iwanek/The Canadian Press, via Associated Press
January 2004
The month that Ms. Constand said Mr. Cosby assaulted her at his home after giving her wine and three pills that left her “frozen.” Besides the issue of whether the encounter was consensual, Mr. Cosby’s team has questioned whether it occurred earlier than Ms. Constand described, which could place the episode too far outside the statute of limitations for Mr. Cosby to be held criminally liable.

January 2005
Ms. Constand, who has left Temple and moved back home to Toronto, tells her mother that Mr. Cosby assaulted her about a year earlier. They call him and contact the Canadian police. Three days later, Mr. Cosby returns the call, apologizes, declines to identify the pills, but suggests the sex was consensual.

Feb. 17, 2005
The Montgomery County district attorney at the time, Bruce L. Castor Jr., decides not to charge Mr. Cosby, citing “insufficient credible and admissible evidence.”

merlin_118607465_0ba00f9e-ba91-4d2f-8002-f80c187fd4ed-articleLarge.jpg

Three of the women who accused Mr. Cosby of sexual abuse, with the attorney Gloria Allred, right, in 2016. Kelly Johnson, second from right, testified at Mr. Cosby’s first trial.CreditKevork Djansezian/Getty Images

March 8, 2005
Ms. Constand sues Mr. Cosby. Eventually a dozen women will agree to present testimony of similar behavior on his part.

Video

Andrea Constand is the only woman among more than 50 accusers whose complaint against Mr. Cosby has resulted in a conviction. He was sentenced to three to 10 years in prison on Tuesday.Published OnApril 26, 2018CreditCreditImage by Mark Makela/Getty Images
September 2005
In deposition testimony, Mr. Cosby admits to obtaining quaaludes to give to young women for sex. Ms. Constand’s suit is later settled, and both sign a nondisclosure agreement. The deposition and settlement amount are not made public at that point.

October 2014
During a comedy routine, Hannibal Buress refers to Mr. Cosby as a rapist. A video of the moment goes viral, prompting many other women to come forward with accusations.

merlin_136576245_743c16c2-da37-488f-9a1b-915d30af2d1c-articleLarge.jpg

Janice dikkinson in 2016. She testified that Mr. Cosby sexually assaulted her in 1982 after giving her a pill in a Lake Tahoe hotel room.CreditNick Ut/Associated Press
July 2015
A judge releases parts of Mr. Cosby’s deposition in the 2005 civil case. The criminal investigation is later reopened and detectives visit Toronto to interview Ms. Constand.

Nov. 3, 2015
Montgomery County voters elect Kevin R. Steele as district attorney. He had criticized the 2005 decision not to prosecute Mr. Cosby.

merlin_136624074_026663cf-ed70-4cf6-90b8-fd263b0c899a-articleLarge.jpg

Kevin R. Steele, the Montgomery County district attorney who prosecuted Mr. Cosby.CreditLucas Jackson/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
Dec. 30, 2015
Mr. Cosby is arrested on charges of aggravated indecent assault. Based on the timing described by Ms. Constand, the charges come just before the expiration of the 12-year statute of limitations for the charge.

merlin_103046677_90829110-1496-4754-8a64-e9c8b5cae981-articleLarge.jpg

Mr. Cosby leaving his arraignment hearing in December 2015.CreditBryan Anselm for The New York Times
June 17, 2017
Mr. Cosby’s first trial ends in a mistrial after jurors remain deadlocked following six days of deliberations.

April 9, 2018
The retrial begins. For the first time, the amount of Mr. Cosby’s settlement with Ms. Constand is revealed: $3.38 million. And this time, the judge allows five women to testify that Mr. Cosby assaulted them in ways similar to how Ms. Constand says she was attacked. In the first trial, only one other woman was permitted to take the stand.

Mr. Cosby has a new witness, too: a Temple employee who said Ms. Constand once told her she could make money by falsely accusing a prominent person.

merlin_137215530_600e378e-dbde-4487-b40d-1ac2fe26b436-articleLarge.jpg

Mr. Cosby during his sexual assault trial in April in Norristown, Pa.CreditMatt Slocum/Associated Press
April 26, 2018
A jury found Mr. Cosby guilty on three counts of assaulting Ms. Constand: penetration with lack of consent, penetration while unconscious and penetration after administering an intoxicant. These are felonies, each punishable by up to 10 years in state prison, though the sentences could be served concurrently.

Sept. 25, 2018
A judge sentenced Mr. Cosby to three to 10 years in prison for drugging and sexually assaulting Ms. Constand 14 years ago. Mr. Cosby was led away in handcuffs after the judge denied a request that he remain free on bail while he pursues an anticipated appeal.

A version of this article appears in print on Sept. 26, 2018, on Page A20 of the New York edition with the headline: A Timeline From Accusation to Sentencing. Order Reprints | Today’s Paper | Subscribe

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
These statements actually mirror what I think of the Brett Cavanaugh/Christine Ford allegations.
The movement is coming from the left-wing and from the feminists.
This is the main word: "HEARSAY". Just because she said it doesn't mean it's true. In court, you need proof. I know you all hate me because I'm an ex-cop, but hearsay can't be entered into court as truth.

One thing no one wants to talk about in these conversations. How do you prove someone groped you? How do you prove someone drugged you? How do you prove someone made demeaning comments to you or threatened you? The burden of proof will always put the victim at a disadvantage unless it was violent. And if you're willing to say "OK, then that's the standard", then it has to apply to everyone. That means children too. You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth on this issue.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
This is not a partisan-political debate..
This is a male/female, societal issue..
No, it is not a political debate. It is a societal issue.
But I'm saying that it has crept into the political world. If women can get away with lying about a sex assault in regular life, that can used as a way to assassinate a person's character in the political arena.
The two are not the same, but the thing that connects them is all it takes is one person to say "I was assaulted, he did this and he did that" and all these people band around her without any proof.

Are there true rape victims out here getting shafted..
Absolutely..
But we all have to look at the big picture on this issue of sexual harassment and rape..
A lot of these females are lying and looking funny in the light..
Once you read their stories..
You start to :patrice:
But these cacs that walk amongst us have insurmountable evidence against them and all they are met with is probation, therapy and seclusion on some tropical island..
Why is that..
I’m not arguing or :cape:for Dr. Huxtable because he definitely did some dirty shyt with SOME(not all) of these women..
My argument(like many others) are steeped in the blind hypocrisy in the way AMERIKKKA has always moved when it comes to White Men, White Women, White Passing Individuals..
Also this shyt is deeper than rap..
They are making black men the poster child’s of domestic violence and rape..
This is already feeding into the narrative of the black men hypersexual narrative that has plagued our community since the inception of AMERIKKKA..
This only perpetuates the negative image of ALL BLACK MEN..
I had some dude in this very thread telling me..
“I shouldn’t be worried because I’m just a regular joe”..
Bullshyt..
If anything..
This movement should have nikkas shaking in their boots because now an angry woman from your past could pop up and take everything from you with a Thanos snap..
I know that will make two brehette posters mad on this forum but this is the world we are living in..
And NO IM NOT ADVOCATING VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN..
I know how shyt gets misconstrued on here..
If you are guilty of a heinous crime like rape/domestic violence..
You deserve hell in the cell..
But we also have to look at the other side of the spectrum where many of these women are getting regular and extraordinary brehs hemmed up on lies..
Then destroying their lives in public opinion only to find out a breh did absolutely nothing..
I.E.
Nate Parker
Aziz Ansari
Chris Hardwick
And many others not in the limelight.
Did Bill Cosby do the wrong thing? Does he have some demons lurking within that made him take advantage of women? Maybe, maybe not.
There are those who vouched for his character... the ones who worked with him on the Cosby Show. He was a positive person, he did stand-up comedy, clean act, no F words or N words. He was around kids doing Jell-O Pudding Pops commercials. He was liked by a lot of people.
Was it character assassination? Or were they after his money, like how Michael Jackson got accused of child molesting. Possibly.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Can anyone here explain why they don't think Bill Cosby can rape 60 women? He's 81 years old, and he has over 50 years in the business. Even if he only raped 60 women, that's LIGHT work over 50 years in the business. We got doctors, priests, and Hollywood executives out here raping left and right but it's so unfathomable to some of y'all that this powerful rich man who had a long career could rape a woman a year while on the road. :dahell:
Because he didn't rape that many women. For one, all of those women didn't accuse him of rape. Even some of those who accused him had their case thrown out for lying.

The fact that they included people who aren't credible is enough to shed some doubt.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
One thing no one wants to talk about in these conversations. How do you prove someone groped you? How do you prove someone drugged you? How do you prove someone made demeaning comments to you or threatened you? The burden of proof will always put the victim at a disadvantage unless it was violent. And if you're willing to say "OK, then that's the standard", then it has to apply to everyone. That means children too. You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth on this issue.
This is true.
When stuff like this happens in the real world, and it gets reported to the police, most cops will do investigation into it. The number one service call for most police departments is "domestic". Whether there is domestic assault or not, there's at least an argument, and possibly assault. In these calls for service, you will get two stories. They may or may not be the same. If they aren't, then someone is lying. Fast forward to a couple years of police work, you get tons of people lying to you, during auto accidents, DUI stops, theft, fights, drunk in public, stealing, robbery, home break ins.... Now, you don't always take face value for what a victim says. If they say they got assaulted, okay, you take their "statements" down. Then, you interview the suspect. Take that person's statements down. Pretty soon, the liar's story is going to be the story that changes as your ask more questions into their statements. Sometimes, both parties are lying and their stories don't match up. That happened to me years ago.
One group of people had a fight with another group of people. Everyone in the fight lied. A witness to it all lied to me when I questioned her. It was screwed up but there were injured persons involved.

So, when it comes to a 'he said, she said' situation, you hope the cop/detective on that case is level headed and wise, not a rookie, and can read a liar like a book.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Well it has more to do with the time lines. Supposedly cosby was raping white women in the 60s and 70s in hollywood. The same hollywood that threatened sammy davis jr at the time to stop messing with one white female or they would have his body buried in the desert.

Second all 60 accusers are not for rape some are for groping and lewd acts.

Last as I said some years ago. If Cosby was raping all those white women in the 60s he had either powerful people in his circle (mobsters and politicians) or he was a double agent working for the government.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Because he didn't rape that many women. For one, all of those women didn't accuse him of rape. Even some of those who accused him had their case thrown out for lying.

The fact that they included people who aren't credible is enough to shed some doubt.

Yeah some were taking the piss, I remember some blonde was saying Bill raped her, but at the time of the alleged attack Bill was on the other side of the country.