Bill Burr standup appreciation thread.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Just catching up on old pods.

Nia took Bill to go see Moonlight and Hidden Figures and he said "What is this, "Make Bill Woke Day"?

:deadmanny:

Ol' Billcom X

Ol' Boston Red

Really enjoyed the past few - I think Bill's channeling the nervous energy of waiting on the baby, losing Cleo and starting to meditate into being funny.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I'm super happy for Bill.

I first heard him way way back in the day on a little radio show on Jamie Foxx's Foxxhole hosted by comedian Earthquake and some other black comedian whose name I can't remember (Tony something maybe? EDIT: Joe Clair! That's the dude) and I was like "who is this funny ass angry white dude". He was still livin' in NY and they did the show in LA and I think I remember him saying he was in town for pilot season or something.

Then I remember like 7/8 years ago, MMP was the first and only podcast I was ever subscribed to. I don't even think I knew what a podcast was back then and now I'm subscribed to over 20. Those were the days when he would do it directly into a flip phone at airports shytting on fat people lol

Basically, I've been listening to this dude from when he was living in NY grindin', all his O&A appearances etc. to now he's livin' in a house, married, and had his first kid.

shyt's crazy. His grind has been crazy and he's one of those dudes you look at and can honestly say he deserves all his success.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Bill was on Bill Simmons' podcast this week too for my podcast heads.

I'm about halfway through it and it's a'ight, but any new Burr is good Burr.

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw him in Boston abt 3/4 years ago and there was a comedian that openness for him who was real . I still don't remember his name but he had a set when he says that "it's a fact that whores love chips". If anyone can tell me his name I would appreciate it. dude was really impressive.