Bill Burr standup appreciation thread.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I saw him in Boston abt 3/4 years ago and there was a comedian that openness for him who was real . I still don't remember his name but he had a set when he says that "it's a fact that whores love chips". If anyone can tell me his name I would appreciate it. dude was really impressive.
It might've been his buddy Joe Bartnik. He opened for Burr when I saw and he was saying some shyt like that

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I'm super happy for Bill.

I first heard him way way back in the day on a little radio show on Jamie Foxx's Foxxhole hosted by comedian Earthquake and some other black comedian whose name I can't remember (Tony something maybe? EDIT: Joe Clair! That's the dude) and I was like "who is this funny ass angry white dude". He was still livin' in NY and they did the show in LA and I think I remember him saying he was in town for pilot season or something.

Then I remember like 7/8 years ago, MMP was the first and only podcast I was ever subscribed to. I don't even think I knew what a podcast was back then and now I'm subscribed to over 20. Those were the days when he would do it directly into a flip phone at airports shytting on fat people lol

Basically, I've been listening to this dude from when he was living in NY grindin', all his O&A appearances etc. to now he's livin' in a house, married, and had his first kid.

shyt's crazy. His grind has been crazy and he's one of those dudes you look at and can honestly say he deserves all his success.

funny you mention this, I recently came across this episode of Corey Holcomb's 5150 show featuring Burr.

EDIT: Burr shows up around the 17:00 minute mark.

also I had no idea who he was when he was on Chapelle's show back in the day. Dave put ALOT of comedians on with that show. :ohhh:

Last edited:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang

I saw this documentary and Bill is such a hater.

He can't help himself, the rich privileged white man comes out of him sometimes. He was all like "your life is not going to change" when Trump was elected.

It is what it is. He says all this shyt but doesn't really understand the cultural reasons and/or situations that has lead up to this.

The horn of Africa has been decimated by cacs just destroying everything in their wake, the oceans can't be fished, the land can't be farmed. So the locals have to sell these cheetahs to survive. fukk it, if I had boat loads of money and a large compound I would get myself a cheetah too. Especially if it was something my ancestors did.

All wildlife in Africa is fukked anyway. :manny:

More Tigers in American Backyards than in the Wild | Stories | WWF

Interesting how they don't focus on the fact there is more Tigers in Texas than there is in the wild. I wonder why? :mjpls:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

He can't help himself, the rich privileged white man comes out of him sometimes. He was all like "your life is not going to change" when Trump was elected.

It is what it is. He says all this shyt but doesn't really understand the cultural reasons and/or situations that has lead up to this.

The horn of Africa has been decimated by cacs just destroying everything in their wake, the oceans can't be fished, the land can't be farmed. So the locals have to sell these cheetahs to survive. fukk it, if I had boat loads of money and a large compound I would get myself a cheetah too. Especially if it was something my ancestors did.

Interesting how they don't focus on the fact there is more Tigers in Texas than there is in the wild. I wonder why? :mjpls:

come into a comedy thread #woke brehs

H.S.

All Star
Daps

I don't know about the tiger stuff, but there is some truth to the bolded. Doesn't make him any less funny imo, but I can't tell if he's playing the role of contrarian or if he's just a closet republican.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know about the tiger stuff, but there is some truth to the bolded. Doesn't make him any less funny imo, but I can't tell if he's playing the role of contrarian or if he's just a closet republican.

It's also cuz of the fact that Bill himself has mentioned countless amounts of times that he's talking out of his ass and doesn't really read/know shyt. His humor is 2nd to none on an observational tip, but by his own admission, he's not too well learned. A big factor of his whole comic persona is that he can say ignorant shyt and in the same breath, acknowledge his ignorance and damn near counter-point his own shenanigans, in a manner that's insightful and about as offense-less as possible, whilst still being very obscene and profane. You can totally get his perspective quickly from listening to him, whilst not agreeing with it none whatsoever, but find the humor in it regardless.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
It's also cuz of the fact that Bill himself has mentioned countless amounts of times that he's talking out of his ass and doesn't really read/know shyt. His humor is 2nd to none on an observational tip, but by his own admission, he's not too well learned. A big factor of his whole comic persona is that he can say ignorant shyt and in the same breath, acknowledge his ignorance and damn near counter-point his own shenanigans, in a manner that's insightful and about as offense-less as possible, whilst still being very obsene and profane. You can totally get his perspective quickly from listening to him, whilst not agreeing with it none whatsoever, but find the humor in it regardless.

I agree completely man. Couldn't have said it better myself. That's why part of the reason why I fukk with Burr.

The only thing I'll say is that I hate how defensive he's gotten on his podcast about politics specifically.