Biggest wrestling free agents ever

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
To the fans, warrior in wcw in 98 was by no means a big deal. He was done after his 96 wwf run completely. Lashley’s wwf return and even his tna debut was a bigger deal than warrior in 98, because he was fukkin done.
Not all fans are the same. Some of us were children at the time and not smart. This thread speaks of who you deem relevant which is fine but I'm trying to understand biggest. Rude and alot of these other dudes didn't increase ratings or buys. But I digress. Y'all cook

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Not all fans are the same. Some of us were children at the time and not smart. This thread speaks of who you deem relevant which is fine but I'm trying to understand biggest. Rude and alot of these other dudes didn't increase ratings or buys. But I digress. Y'all cook
Havoc 98 was down 100k buys vs 97. Rude definitely drew eyes to nWo when he showed up, and even ecw when he showed up. He was a draw everywhere.

which leads me to

Sid vicious in wwf …both times

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Havoc 98 was down 100k buys vs 97. Rude definitely drew eyes to nWo when he showed up, and even ecw when he showed up. He was a draw everywhere.

which leads me to

Sid vicious in wwf …both times
None of these people posted drew which was my point. When Warrior came back as kids we thought he'd help. He didn't as that was the end of the 83 weeks. How did Lashley improve business? Sid I love but he wasn't a draw either. As a kid though he was the shyt and I thought he was a big deal. Actuality :hula:perception

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
None of these people posted drew which was my point. When Warrior came back as kids we thought he'd help. He didn't as that was the end of the 83 weeks. How did Lashley improve business? Sid I love but he wasn't a draw either. As a kid though he was the shyt and I thought he was a big deal. Actuality :hula:perception
You can't say Lashley sid or rude weren't draws and sit here and say that 98 warrior was when every single metric went down when he showed up from the moment he showed up. He was literally and ANTI DRAW

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You can't say Lashley sid or rude weren't draws and sit here and say that 98 warrior was when every single metric went down when he showed up from the moment he showed up. He was literally and ANTI DRAW
Never said he was a draw. I'm saying he was a big star. That was a big signing to alot of people when it happened. If we're speaking hindsight that's different.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Never said he was a draw. I'm saying he was a big star. That was a big signing to alot of people when it happened. If we're speaking hindsight that's different.
But he wasn't a draw because he wasn't a star anymore :russ: no diss but how old are you, because that effects impact and perspective. Warrior was a fukkin washed ass bum in 98 and we knew it

It would be lower than signing Goldberg right now. It would be like signing Kane or something and hyping up his fued vs Danielson in aew.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
But he wasn't a draw because he wasn't a star anymore :russ: no diss but how old are you, because that effects impact and perspective. Warrior was a fukkin washed ass bum in 98 and we knew it

It would be lower than signing Goldberg right now. It would be like signing Kane or something and hyping up his fued vs Danielson in aew.
I mentioned this was from the perspective of fans at the time(I was a kid then). It was a big signing at the time to us children. You're conflating who drew in hindsight as if that decides if they were a star at the time of the signing. Like I said y'all cook

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I mentioned this was from the perspective of fans at the time(I was a kid then). It was a big signing at the time to us children. You're conflating who drew in hindsight as if that decides if they were a star at the time of the signing. Like I said y'all cook
Nah, warrior wasn’t a star to most people. I was 15 so that is why our perspective was different. Warrior was not a big deal at all to adults and teens, he was a washed up bum. To kids, probably different :manny: