Big rumour: Series X could be $599.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Ok, so we are being obtuse.

Sony had a brand new marketing campaign to go with their slim console in 2009. You know, all the ads with Kevin Butler? Sony went well out of their way to change the view of the PS3 during this time.

It Only Does Everything – A Look at Sony’s Ad Campaign - SonyRumors.net SRN - Sony News, Rumor, Talk and Review

I would just stick to Xbox if I were you.

No madam , I'm a video game stan and been one since Atari 2600 :sitdown:

You linked to a bootleg site where I think you wrote the story. I read alot of it but realized it wasn't talking sales and ignored what plagued the systems early years. Sony heads didn't give a fukk about price because it introduced blu-ray just like how the ps2 brought DVD. But Sony promised bigger worlds, only unreal tournament had a level larger than the xbox version but the xbox version ran better which trumped that advantage. And that leads to my bigger point at launch. This point not only lasted all gen but it still applies today THE XBOX HAS A STRONGER GPU so games ran better (you know, like next gen will be) madden ran at 30fps on ps3 as well as live. Didn't hit 60fps till year 3. You might not play sports games but madden is one of the biggest titles in gaming and it was noticeably inferior on playstation. Other titles struggled as well and I didn't have to Google bootleg opinion pieces on fanboy sites to recall these things. Feel free to Google my facts tho. After the ps2 sold 150 million, Sony not dominating the next gen is why Sony was in trouble. Because their expectations was not being met and that spooked stock holders. Metal Gear Solid 4 is what kept Sony in line with projections and if that game didn't help sell systems then Sony was gonna be the new Sega.

All you posted was an ad campaign for the slim model, and you think a slim version is a relaunch? Then every system since ps2 had a relaunch

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PS3 definitely sold out at launch. It was the "iPhone" a year before the actual iPhone in that it was a status symbol. If you had the 60gb backwards compatible edition you were king of kings.

It sold out, but they also only had had like 300k in total for the US that holiday season so that's the main reason. That kind of rarity only added to the price gouging.

That shyt was ahead of everything at the time with the tech, but the blu ray drive and extra PS2 processor to go along with the PS3 one had Sony spending $850 on each box....in 2006 lmao. So even if you bought their top of the line they still lost $200 out the gate.

Then the games didn't show up since the PS3 was difficult to program for and the trade ins Gamestop/EB Games were doing for PS2s weren't saving it since PS2 was still being supported. So they had to gimp the PS3 and re-shift strategies on the fly, it's really a miracle they're still around tbh. All this shyt happened in the middle of a financial crisis.
It sold out its first batch but soon there were stocks everywhere. It was the Wii that was still sold out almost a year after its release not the PS3.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No madam , I'm a video game stan and been one since Atari 2600 :sitdown:

You linked to a bootleg site where I think you wrote the story. I read alot of it but realized it wasn't talking sales and ignored what plagued the systems early years. Sony heads didn't give a fukk about price because it introduced blu-ray just like how the ps2 brought DVD. But Sony promised bigger worlds, only unreal tournament had a level larger than the xbox version but the xbox version ran better which trumped that advantage. And that leads to my bigger point at launch. This point not only lasted all gen but it still applies today THE XBOX HAS A STRONGER GPU so games ran better (you know, like next gen will be) madden ran at 30fps on ps3 as well as live. Didn't hit 60fps till year 3. You might not play sports games but madden is one of the biggest titles in gaming and it was noticeably inferior on playstation. Other titles struggled as well and I didn't have to Google bootleg opinion pieces on fanboy sites to recall these things. Feel free to Google my facts tho. After the ps2 sold 150 million, Sony not dominating the next gen is why Sony was in trouble. Because their expectations was not being met and that spooked stock holders. Metal Gear Solid 4 is what kept Sony in line with projections and if that game didn't help sell systems then Sony was gonna be the new Sega.

All you posted was an ad campaign for the slim model, and you think a slim version is a relaunch? Then every system since ps2 had a relaunch

:snooze: