Big rumour: Series X could be $599.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sounds like a great strategy. Sony will of course now knowing Microsoft’s strategy announce theirs first :mjgrin:
Wow, this really is news to you :wow:
So right now we're waiting while both companies try to wait the other out.

Now go back 7yrs ago, Sony waited for Microsoft and then promoted the differences. Sony had the same DRM plans Microsoft had then changed it after the backlash. Insiders did not have the ps4 at 400 and xbox at 500 until it was set in stone. Nobody knows the prices today either. Both systems cost around 500 to make, Microsoft has much deeper pockets and is determined to regain marketshare. Let it be known their intentions, are delivering. I fully expect the xbox to be cheaper and not equal because it needs to be.

And halo not ready for launch gives them even more reason to undercut Sony on price :banderas:
if her "friend that works in retail" really had access to the price, you would think others would have leaked it by now
This

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow, this really is news to you :wow:
So right now we're waiting while both companies try to wait the other out.

Now go back 7yrs ago, Sony waited for Microsoft and then promoted the differences. Sony had the same DRM plans Microsoft had then changed it after the backlash. Insiders did not have the ps4 at 400 and xbox at 500 until it was set in stone. Nobody knows the prices today either. Both systems cost around 500 to make, Microsoft has much deeper pockets and is determined to regain marketshare. Let it be known their intentions, are delivering. I fully expect the xbox to be cheaper and not equal because it needs to be.

And halo not ready for launch gives them even more reason to undercut Sony on price :banderas:

This
So what makes you think Sony will go first this time?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
If the X is over $400 they are gonna be a seriously tough spot.
I actually agree 100%, Sony fanboys are not budging unless they are forced to. Being equal in price doesn't help Microsoft initially. Once the games are consumed (3rd party) what Microsoft has to further establish is their commitment to 1st party games that define the generation. Once that's established pricing won't matter. The cloud is all profit, so when that takes off non of this shyt matters. So I feel that not only will 400 be the price. But if Sony aims for similar I expect Microsoft to go even cheaper. They won't have to rely on console sales, series x hits the clouds in January. Supposedly they plan on taking a hit on the first 10 million consoles...
So what makes you think Sony will go first this time?
Because Microsoft will not make the same mistake twice on that. So it's a waiting game but who can afford to play the waiting game longer? Who has deeper pockets? We know xbox launching in November (6th to be exact but that's inside info) if Sony wants to wait till around then it'll benefit YOU.

So there's a lot riding on this because each group stands to benefit. But as the current console leader with smaller packets they can't wait. Why should they, Sony can do no wrong in your eyes. Keep telling them that ok :tu:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I can tell I’m at a different stage in life. I been laptop shopping and every gaming laptop/high end laptop I’ve looked at is over 1k.

599 is a steal for these machines man.

but I also remember when ps3 dropped for 599 and I couldn’t afford it. Couldn’t convince no one to buy it for me either :sadbron:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually agree 100%, Sony fanboys are not budging unless they are forced to. Being equal in price doesn't help Microsoft initially. Once the games are consumed (3rd party) what Microsoft has to further establish is their commitment to 1st party games that define the generation. Once that's established pricing won't matter. The cloud is all profit, so when that takes off non of this shyt matters. So I feel that not only will 400 be the price. But if Sony aims for similar I expect Microsoft to go even cheaper. They won't have to rely on console sales, series x hits the clouds in January. Supposedly they plan on taking a hit on the first 10 million consoles...

Because Microsoft will not make the same mistake twice on that. So it's a waiting game but who can afford to play the waiting game longer? Who has deeper pockets? We know xbox launching in November (6th to be exact but that's inside info) if Sony wants to wait till around then it'll benefit YOU.

So there's a lot riding on this because each group stands to benefit. But as the current console leader with smaller packets they can't wait. Why should they, Sony can do no wrong in your eyes. Keep telling them that ok :tu:
The waiting game has nothing to do with deep pockets. Sony has the name brand and recognition and can afford to announce their price 24hrs before release and will still sell out.
Microsoft needs to announce the price and start advertising soon enough as they need more people to be aware of their product. The pressure is therefore on them.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Man if it can do what they say this isn’t surprising nikkas been chasing 4k and you gotta pay the price :yeshrug: it’s just going to be a bit harder to move em without halo dropping with it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
$599 isn’t bad

you can just trade in the controller to gamestop for $30

and use your old controller

so you’re really just paying $569

and keep in mind you don’t have to buy any new games

sounds like a sweet deal to me

:yeshrug: