Big rumour: Series X could be $599.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Microsoft will have multiple trims. Top end joint with disk drive will be at least $499. There will be a midrange for 300.

Those crying broke should take $400 and go buy 2 shares in MSFT right now! Guaranteed it will be worth at least the cost of the console by the release date. Go download the robinhood app and set up your trading account now.

Don't want to hear no more crying about price.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I feel like there's a lot of revisionist history about the PS3 launch. all I remember is that shyt was impossible to find. this arab electronics store by me (I was in Miami Beach at the time) was selling them for $900

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I feel like there's a lot of revisionist history about the PS3 launch. all I remember is that shyt was impossible to find. this arab electronics store by me (I was in Miami Beach at the time) was selling them for $900

What I remember is everyone heard the price and wrote it off.

A year or 2 later after the price dropped people started getting them here and there but people didn't care about the exclusives until around Uncharted 2. From there Sony started putting in work.

drifter

Superstar
Daps

A year or 2 later after the price dropped people started getting them here and there but people didn't care about the exclusives until around Uncharted 2. From there Sony started putting in work.

PS3 definitely sold out at launch. It was the "iPhone" a year before the actual iPhone in that it was a status symbol. If you had the 60gb backwards compatible edition you were king of kings.

It sold out, but they also only had had like 300k in total for the US that holiday season so that's the main reason. That kind of rarity only added to the price gouging.

That shyt was ahead of everything at the time with the tech, but the blu ray drive and extra PS2 processor to go along with the PS3 one had Sony spending $850 on each box....in 2006 lmao. So even if you bought their top of the line they still lost $200 out the gate.

Then the games didn't show up since the PS3 was difficult to program for and the trade ins Gamestop/EB Games were doing for PS2s weren't saving it since PS2 was still being supported. So they had to gimp the PS3 and re-shift strategies on the fly, it's really a miracle they're still around tbh. All this shyt happened in the middle of a financial crisis.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
We being obtuse now? The PS3 had a terrible launch and the price was a major point of contention. In fact, the $600 console was being phased out a year after its launch. Sony had to do a soft relaunch of the PS3 because of all the dumb shyt they did in the late 2000s.
Sony had a soft relaunch :dahell:

In the reality you come from is Michael Jackson still alive :ohhh:
I remember exo having a big thread on how he hustled reselling systems, shyt was sold out everywhere here too

Sony put all their eggs in one basket, and that basket was metal gear solid 4 :ufdup: UC2 was the best title on the system but even uncharted didn't have the hype metal gear had.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

I remember exo having a big thread on how he hustled reselling systems, shyt was sold out everywhere here too

Sony put all their eggs in one basket, and that basket was metal gear solid 4 :ufdup: UC2 was the best title on the system but even uncharted didn't have the hype metal gear had.
I'll never understand the MGS4 hate.
The game had remixes of all the OG boss fights, a trip back to shadow Moses, and overall was an epic send off to an amazing character. People whining about old snake are goofy. Was dude supposed to live forever or something?
Sure the story was all over the place, but that was the case ever since MGS 2.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I'll never understand the MGS4 hate.
The game had remixes of all the OG boss fights, a trip back to shadow Moses, and overall was an epic send off to an amazing character. People whining about old snake are goofy. Was dude supposed to live forever or something?
Sure the story was all over the place, but that was the case ever since MGS 2.
4½ hours of game play mixed in with 20hrs of movie is why, plus it was too easy for a mgs game which is why you liked it so much :troll:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Ok, so we are being obtuse.

Sony had a brand new marketing campaign to go with their slim console in 2009. You know, all the ads with Kevin Butler? Sony went well out of their way to change the view of the PS3 during this time.

It Only Does Everything – A Look at Sony’s Ad Campaign - SonyRumors.net SRN - Sony News, Rumor, Talk and Review

I would just stick to Xbox if I were you.