Big rumour: Series X could be $599.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Start from 41:20. Alanah Pearce says that a retailer sent her a pic of the price and its $599. Are Microsoft really going to launch a console at $599 with no AAA exclusive games? :gucci:

Daps
They're also releasing a lesser model (Series S, I think it's going to be called) probably at one or two hundred under that.

I think we're going to see the dual-model strategy for Sony and Microsoft from here on out.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think we're going to see the dual-model strategy for Sony and Microsoft from here on out.
Yeah but Sony’s “cheaper” DE second console has the same power as the more expensive one apart from a disc drive. The Series S, according to rumours is less powerful that the Series X, so if Sony prices the DE closer to the Series S, it’s game over for it.

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
according to the fine print it's the console and game included

And there’s the disclaimer that the MSRP hasn’t been announced yet and they won’t award any difference between the “stated” and “actual value

I knew @J.V Koba was gonna ring the Sony Bat Signal as soon as I saw this in the XSX thread tho :skip:

Daps
Yeah but Sony’s “cheaper” DE second console has the same power as the more expensive one apart from a disc drive. The Series S, according to rumours is less powerful that the Series X, so if Sony prices the DE closer to the Series, it’s game over for it.

This is a good point, but I don't think Sony will give that big of a discount to the DE.

I'm guessing 599/399 for Series X/Series S

Then 599/549 for PS5/PS5 DE

I think the most that Sony might do is knock fifty bucks off both models if they have wind of XSX costing 599. Maybe we get 549/499 for PS5/DE.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a good point, but I don't think Sony will give that big of a discount to the DE.

I'm guessing 599/399 for Series X/Series S

Then 599/549 for PS5/PS5 DE

I think the most that Sony might do is knock fifty bucks off both models if they have wind of XSX costing 599. Maybe we get 549/499 for PS5/DE.
I can see them doing it and taking a big loss due to the fact that it’s strictly digital where they can recoup the loss from game sales and subscriptions on the PS store. In fact it wouldn’t make any sense to develop two skus just to price them at only $50 apart.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Start from 41:20. Alanah Pearce says that a retailer sent her a pic of the price and its $599. Are Microsoft really going to launch a console at $599 with no AAA exclusive games? :gucci:

Dusk Golem says it'll be cheaper than the ps5 so I guess the ps5 will be $700 :damn:

But actual insiders are not to be listened to, random tweets and YouTube videos from random randoms is thread worthy :blessed:

Im doing a gimmick here, this isn't facts. I then got respected internet sites to play along
Report: Whatever the PS5 Costs, Xbox Series X Will Be Cheaper

For the @Rekkapryde of the world, my link predates golems comments :francis:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dusk Golem says it'll be cheaper than the ps5 so I guess the ps5 will be $700 :damn:

But actual insiders are not to be listened to, random tweets and YouTube videos from random randoms is thread worthy :blessed:

Im doing a gimmick here, this isn't facts. I then got respected internet sites to play along
Report: Whatever the PS5 Costs, Xbox Series X Will Be Cheaper

For the @Rekkapryde of the world, my link predates golems comments :francis:
Microsoft is waiting to see what price Sony reveals for the PlayStation 5 before undercutting it.
Sounds like a great strategy. Sony will of course now knowing Microsoft’s strategy announce theirs first :mjgrin: