Big Pun's Daughter Star Rios dissin Fat Joe on IG (PIC)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I never claimed to, I just figured that puns royalties/publishing, etc of a coupla hit records, almost 2 decades later, may not be enough to keep his entire family living lavish in 2018 and beyond (without making sure shyt can still get licensed out beyond the typical arenas.)

Again publishing on a hit record in residuals is worth a mil a year easy.
I know this to be true.
Not streaming, but publishing.

Art Barr

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Big Pun on WhoSampled

I admit Pun wasn't Big or Pac with numerous hits or he didn't have a hit like Jump Around, Push It or Pump It Up that is played in arenas and stadiums but he should have some decent money coming in from his songs.

Idk if they'd paid for this. This was the original sample:

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
Fat Joe is a 47 year old man who still says the word nikka

That's all I need to know about his mentality

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
cliche as it sounds. shes not a bad looking girl; has a nice face. but her chances of getting on would be better if she lost weight. i see she had a kid too.
You need to get your eyes checked. She is not attractive in the least and not marketable whatsoever. Her best option is to be behind the scenes ghost writing.

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
Again publishing on a hit record in residuals is worth a mil a year easy.
I know this to be true.
Not streaming, but publishing.

Art Barr

Well they gotta go talk to who owns the publishing, if Joe don't, someone gotta

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nah, artist get paid for streaming to. Anyone can put anything on YT and get paid from the streaming. No label is needed in the process
how does that work in the context of this situation though? Pun's fam ain't the ones posting his songs on YT. it's random users, and his 'vevo' account, which is tied to the label

also a lot of these dudes basically signed the rights to their music over to the label/publisher. the idea that someone would be 'streaming' their music 20 years later wasn't considered

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
how does that work in the context of this situation though? Pun's fam ain't the ones posting his songs on YT. it's random users, and his 'vevo' account, which is tied to the label

also a lot of these dudes basically signed the rights to their music over to the label/publisher. the idea that someone would be 'streaming' their music 20 years later wasn't considered
Great arguments. At the end of the day the fam is entitled money through publishing.