Big Pun's Daughter Star Rios dissin Fat Joe on IG (PIC)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
No money bro

Rappers today are barely eating, u think a rapper who had a semi hit 20 years ago is still making a lot of money?

:mjlol:
Nipsey hussle just posted how much an artist sees off 1 million streams(per song) for each service.

Between all streaming services big pun as an artist earns easily over $20K a month. That's way more money than the average person makes

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:mjlol::what::skip:

TheColi.com y'all
No wonder your rep is so deep in the red.

For every 1 million streams from spotify an artist makes like $4k. And I just told you he has over 1million listeners a month.

And that's just 1 single revenue source. You have apple,tidal,YouTub, radio spins,any songs sampled or used in anyway etc

Post all the smilies you want.

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
Pun records are top bds gainers and are published on the actual radio and tv.
Pun had the largest actual relevant hit that was the biggest for one whole year. Pun has a publishing check, not a measily streaming check.

You nikkaz don't know this business at all.

Art Barr

I never claimed to, I just figured that puns royalties/publishing, etc of a coupla hit records, almost 2 decades later, may not be enough to keep his entire family living lavish in 2018 and beyond (without making sure shyt can still get licensed out beyond the typical arenas.)

Daps
Pun did go double plat then platinum and had gold/plat singles, A gold selling group album plus hundreds of guest features so im sure there has to be royalty checks still coming in to an extent just less than before.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nipsey hussle just posted how much an artist sees off 1 million streams(per song) for each service.

Between all streaming services big pun as an artist earns easily over $20K a month. That's way more money than the average person makes
we really don't know what kind of contract Pun had, and who else might have their hand in the pot

these new cats are probably more likely to have their shyt setup right to make money of streaming

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
cliche as it sounds. shes not a bad looking girl; has a nice face. but her chances of getting on would be better if she lost weight. i see she had a kid too.

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
Streaming generates money for labels. You can look at the artist payout numbers and look at pun stream numbers and do the math. Let's stop being abstract with it.

Fat Joe stated he isn't getting paid off Pun so where is the proof that he is?
Nah, artist get paid for streaming to. Anyone can put anything on YT and get paid from the streaming. No label is needed in the process
Show me Pun's numbers. Streaming was just one example anyway. MusicConsulting gave others.
The proof would be him losing the lawsuit I assume.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah, artist get paid for streaming to. Anyone can put anything on YT and get paid from the streaming. No label is needed in the process
Show me Pun's numbers. Streaming was just one example anyway. MusicConsulting gave others.
The proof would be him losing the lawsuit I assume.
Talking about real money. But yes they get paid just not enough. The pay scales are trash.

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
Its not bout 2018.

Its all the money that's been made over the years that they never saw.

I've learnt this in the past couple of years. That there's money being made that artist simply just don't know about. Particularly from overseas.
Like I said in the past even during the ringtone era, alot of money was being made.

Loud records is a record label.
They may not have pun's publishing at all.
Loud should be probed and taken into account just as part of the admin intake tho.
Real talk, your record label not supposed to have your publishing at all.
As it is a conflict of interest.
The record label are the weak punks begging you outside the venue. when you could make a real grassroots draw. It is just mental midgets in this business.
who had no business acumen allowed the label to admin them out of everything erroneously.

The label only gets paid for putting out the work of art project as a physical bought item. They do not own your records unless you give them the power to tell you what to do. The problem is artist don't know the deal and empower a label over them. When the label is just some pussies trying to fake a draw or siphon off grassroots draw after the fact.

These mental midget no talents ruined all this shyt to be honest.
as labels are just lording over and taking advantage cause they were wrongly let in businesses they not supposed to be in anyway.

A label is a fukk'n arthouse.
Art houses been outlawed in hiphop since graf was attacked and stolen by ny art houses.
The problem with nikkaz in rap is they don't know the pillars and don't know the culture. Plus not apart of the culture or pillar of emcee'n. Plus don't know the other four pillars and they supposed to know all of it just for starters.

Art Barr

These new artists are some pussified no talents and sell outs.

Art Barr
The only thing i'd like to add to that is that the label would be entitled to master royalties for use of the master's which I assume they own. At one point I thought that owning master's wasn't a big deal anymore but it is for this reason alone.

I posted a sir mix a lot interview a few months ago in which he stated that to avoid this you simply re-record the song thus creating a new master. If you own the copyright you can do this. Mix a-lot has stated in the past in his vladtv interview series that baby got back has generated over one hundred million dollars. I just posted a klc interview a few days ago and he detailed how he made two hundred and seventy five thousand dollars from Move Bass that he did for Ludacris to be used for the movie Hancock. He stressed how the song was ten years old at the time but he was still able to get paid from it.
what you mean "both hits"??
he only has that one song that still gets play. and I don't know about it being 7 figures worth.
100%

Talking about real money. But yes they get paid just not enough. The pay scales are trash.
You're just moving the goal post.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
Who owns the publishing? What was the advance? How many albums did he owe? Was he legally signed under Joe? A lot of questions but this shyt seems to happen again every 5-10 years, you think she would have learned from the last time he broke her off with bread and reinvested it :manny: Joe said she didn't want to work :smh:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Semi successful 90’s rappers, have a 10 track lp recorded before you die in the stash. Hopefully it can help your fam down the line if you couldn’t invest properly before hand.

We are never getting another Big L project are we?