Big Face Culture: Miami Heat 2023-2024 season thread

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Front Office fumbled the Jimmy era BADLY by being too arrogant. The Nuggets jumped to championship tier by adding Aaron Gordon. The heat would have turned their nose up at signing AG. You would have seen a whole bunch of Heat weren't interested/ so and so wasn't made available in trade talks coming from Barry Jackson. Now the player they've coveted is injury prone and will only fetch you a role guy well below the multiples of really good players you passed on because they weren't "whales". Nasty work

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Front Office fumbled the Jimmy era BADLY by being too arrogant. The Nuggets jumped to championship tier by adding Aaron Gordon. The heat would have turned their nose up at signing AG. You would have seen a whole bunch of Heat weren't interested/ so and so wasn't made available in trade talks coming from Barry Jackson. Now the player they've coveted is injury prone and will only fetch you a role guy well below the multiples of really good players you passed on because they weren't "whales". Nasty work

I dont think Aaron Gordon alone adds much value to this team. It worked out with Denver because they have many other pieces in place. Not the same thing here.

Did they dangle? Yes. They failed to deliver. But spare me the “Aaron Gordon is the missing piece…” nonsense

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Mario Chalmers thinks he’s top 5 shooter in Heat history if not best clutch shooter in heat history.

Haslem names his top 5 omitting Chalmers then says “ argue with my top 5 and we’re gonna wrestle “

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Y’all think we can still catch IND for that 6th spot? I feel like we can take CLE (3rd) out if we’re in the 6th spot. MIL or BOS is gonna be a tough out in the 1st round. Boston doesn’t scare me but rather not deal with them in round 1. By round 2 we should have some things figured out better

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Y’all think we can still catch IND for that 6th spot? I feel like we can take CLE (3rd) out if we’re in the 6th spot. MIL or BOS is gonna be a tough out in the 1st round. Boston doesn’t scare me but rather not deal with them in round 1. By round 2 we should have some things figured out better
Schedule isn’t hard but Indy is playing good too

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
This team be on some “lave men. Siye atè “ type shyt. How do we lose to the Sixers after leading most of the way?