Big Daddy Kane Claims Eminem Is "The Kobe Bryant Of Hip Hop''

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Kobe was NOT a top 5 consensus player before his death and he shouldn't be now, he's top 10 for me but if we talking consensus there were plenty of people who had him right outside the top 10 in favor for somebody like Duncan.
That’s ur opinion bro. Plenty of people have and have had Kobe in their top 5. And even ranked him over Bron.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Wayne=Kobe

came in the game as a teen
had to play the back to a bigger star but was still putting up numbers
once the star left, he struggled to carry the team for a bit
got a squad around him and started dominating
respected by peers and
got die hards everywhere claiming him goat...got haters saying he overrated and dont belong in the conversation...but he gotta be mentioned with the greats nonetheless cause the numbers/moments/and generation he birthed are undeniable

hov= jordan
and yes Drake= lebron

but i aint gone get into all that

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Unfortunately, when the legends show respect to BLACK rappers who came after them, not enough controversy for people to care about those opinions.

Because the Black rappers that are mentioned by them that came after them deserve to be shown that respect (Pac, Jay, Nas...). Nothing controversial cause they deserve the praise. Eminem hasn't done anything to be held in that high regard. He's a white guy that can rap and sold a shytload of records cause mainly because he's white. That's it. That's all.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

:mjlol:

don't even think @SunZoo believes this

I don't lol

That’s ur opinion bro. Plenty of people have and have had Kobe in their top 5. And even ranked him over Bron.

I'd be more likely to inch Kobe toward a top 5 spot than the average person my nigg, I'm just telling you what the lists say when it comes to analysts, Kobe is a tier below MJ/Wilt, KAJ ect, just like Em despite the hype is clearly a tier below Jay/Nas..

But let me digress, Kobe and Bron stans have a peace treaty lol.

giphy.gif

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Because the Black rappers that are mentioned by them that came after them deserve to be shown that respect (Pac, Jay, Nas...). Nothing controversial cause they deserve the praise. Eminem hasn't done anything to be held in that high regard. He's a white guy that can rap and sold a shytload of records cause mainly because he's white. That's it. That's all.

I think in terms of being rapper's rappers........I'm always puzzed that the legends don't give more props to Organized Konfusion and the Souls of Mischief. In terms of elevating lyricism and flows ..and moving the art forward ...those groups get overlooked.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plenty of industry politics, but to suggest people like Kane, KGR, Caz and the like rank him highly for 'relationships' or for some kinda look is fukking ridiculous. They are of his ilk when it comes to this rap shyt and they are not judging what he's doing like a casual fan would.

This.

It's crazy to suggest that BDK, Kool G Tap, or Rakim are looking for an Eminem collabo in 2020 or even ever. He's as much of a fan of theirs. If they wanted a collabo, they wouldn't have to pander to Eminem to get one.

Then there's the "they just want access to his fan base" argument. Why? Apparently record sales never meant anything to them.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Stats wise maybe...skill wise? Nah. Drake is Mark Mcgwire, lol, for obvious reasons

Nas = Tim Duncan. No flash, not as popular/commercially relevant as the people he's compared to, but he gets it done and is one of the best ever stats and skills wise

Nah smh Nas ain’t sauceless, and Nas is plenty flash smh.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Why do you hate it? Too early or do you think it's off base? To me I think it's a fine comparison if you put it into context.

Kobe, before he died while a polarizing figure was objectively considered a top 10-20 player of all time even by people who had plenty of criticism for his game

Eminem, who is polarizing figure himself is objectively a top 10-20 MC of all time and even some people who don't particularly think his music is jamming like that acknowledge that he's a noteworthy artist when you're looking at the history of the culture.
This is a good analysis actually. The one big issue i see tho is that Kobe got 5 'ships. I would liken that to a classic album for a rapper and Em doesn't have one.