Big Daddy Kane Claims Eminem Is "The Kobe Bryant Of Hip Hop''

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
He’s not like J Will?

J Will, as much as I love him is not nearly one of the greatest NBA players of all time, he's not even sniffing top 50.

Em is one of the greats, not GOAT, not top 5, even top 10 is a debate but comparing him to white chocolate is completely off base.

If it's gotta be a white player Bird it is.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
There plenty who had Kobe as a top 5 player of all time, the people who had Duncan ahead of him just wanted to look like they were deep thinkers.

The main reason I am a Kobe stan is because I have spent a signigiant amount of time arguing for Kobe to be top 5 or at least top 10. So while some people rank him that high I wouldn't call it a consensus by any means.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Canibus was dope u flaming fekket

Ok, first: you got a million posts and whole threads lusting over and analyzing penis. Between the two of us only one is a flaming fakkit. I'm not the one with a million posts and whole threads lusting over and analyzing penis. Do the math.

Second: I never said Canibus wasn't dope. When I say Eminem would be Canibus status if he was Black I mean in terms of album sales, popularity and acclaim.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
J Will, as much as I love him is not nearly one of the greatest NBA players of all time, he's not even sniffing top 50.

Em is one of the greats, not GOAT, not top 5, even top 10 is a debate but comparing him to white chocolate is completely off base.

If it's gotta be a white player Bird it is.

There’s other white dudes as well that are greats

Rick Barry
Jerry West
John Havlicek
Pistol Pete Maravich
Bill Laimbeer

There’s more but those are off the top. I think Bird fits Em more.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The thread contains a lot of discussion we've seen before, so let me switch gears:

I don't like the slick Tim Duncan disrespect. :mjpls:

And since when did Maxine from Family Matters get a podcast? A podcast notable enough to have Big Daddy Kane as a guest? :dahell:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
doing rap= basketball comparisons is kinda stupid.

only comparsions that makes sense is the Nas/Face = Tim duncan comparsions. both have consistent catalogs(Face with the much better consistent one and I would say no bad album). and are in many peoples top 5 if not are many people's GOAT.

others is a no

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Like it or not. Yes. There is NO rapper on earth more recognizable and as iconic as 2Pac. This ain’t even about feelings. This is just facts here.
I would argue that Jay is just as recognizable as Pac, if not more so. If we gonna go with facts lets admit that anybody younger than 24 years of age don't really know Pac. But since when is being the most "recognizable" make you the best ever? There was a time when Hammer was the most "recognizable" rapper.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If Kane said "Em is top 5" or "top 10" or even "the GOAT" I'd be able to shrug this off as his opinion but to compare him to a man that died like two weeks ago....

It's just a bad look. Kane clearly has no team or people in his corner to consult with. Because that's a wild ass thing to say, so close to Kobe's death.

Fred.