BIG BUSINESS: WATER is the New OIL

Daps
your biggest fear is not going to be the big government, but the small time footsoldiers who will carry out the mission for them. all in all, the people behind the big time companies arent that big, or strong. those little dojas who would do you in for a promotion, a spot on the team, or just so theyre not you, is where the real muscle comes in. if our own men, our own people dont fall for the okie doke and refuse to listen to the corporation, they will have no power. and pulling something like that off would require that

I was thinking about this yesterday after I made the thread...exactly what I was thinking.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FLOURIDE is in ALL US dinkin water

Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ - Published in Federal Gov't Journal
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:45am EDT
Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ - Published in Federal Gov't Journal

PR Newswire

NEW YORK, July 24, 2012

NEW YORK, July 24, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Harvard University researchers' review of fluoride/brain studies concludes "our results support the possibility of adverse effects of fluoride exposures on children's neurodevelopment." It was published online July 20 in Environmental Health Perspectives, a US National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences' journal (1), reports the NYS Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation, Inc. (NYSCOF)

"The children in high fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ than those who lived in low fluoride areas," write Choi et al.

Further, the EPA says fluoride is a chemical "with substantial evidence of developmental neurotoxicity."

Fluoride (fluosilicic acid) is added to US water supplies at approximately 1 part per million attempting to reduce tooth decay.

Water was the only fluoride source in the studies reviewed and was based on high water fluoride levels. However, they point out research by Ding (2011) suggested that low water fluoride levels had significant negative associations with children's intelligence.

Choi et al. write, "Although fluoride may cause neurotoxicity in animal models and acute fluoride poisoning causes neurotoxicity in adults, very little is known of its effects on children's neurodevelopment. They recommend more brain/fluoride research on children and at individual-level doses.

"It's senseless to keep subjecting our children to this ongoing fluoridation experiment to satisfy the political agenda of special-interest groups," says attorney Paul Beeber, NYSCOF President. "Even if fluoridation reduced cavities, is tooth health more important than brain health? It's time to put politics aside and stop artificial fluoridation everywhere," says Beeber.

After reviewing fluoride toxicological data, the NRC reported in 2006, "It's apparent that fluorides have the ability to interfere with the functions of the brain."

Choi's team writes, "Fluoride readily crosses the placenta. Fluoride exposure to the developing brain, which is much more susceptible to injury caused by toxicants than is the mature brain, may possibly lead to damage of a permanent nature."

Fluoride accumulates in the body. Even low doses are harmful to babies, the thyroid, kidney patients and heavy water-drinkers. There are even doubts about fluoridation's effectiveness (2). New York City Legislation is pending to stop fluoridation. Many communities have already stopped.

Fluoride and The Pineal Gland - YouTube

So much shyt they do to fukk with the Black community. It's demonic. Watch, they're going to have filtered and properly treated water for all the Whites and the Blacks and other colored people are going to have to go fukk themselves.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Page 1 of 3.... that title yall .... then when you read the contents.... just...no words... we know the risk................but "For the Love of Money" just overshadows scientific information................... :wow:

Fracking Does Contaminate Groundwater: Carry on Drilling Regardless - Forbes

Fracking Does Contaminate Groundwater: Carry on Drilling Regardless :laugh: .. :snoop:

The EPA’s report on groundwater contamination by fracking (or frakking to taste) for natural gas says that the process does indeed contaminate ground water. So now we’ve got to decide should be the reaction to that: my contribution to the debate is that we should carry on drilling regardless.

ProPublica’s report on the EPA’s paper is here, the EPA’s paper itself is here and a very good indeed technical precis is here at Ars Technica.

Stripped right to its roots the report states that deep groundwater has been contaminated as a result of frakking. Both from the frakking chemicals themselves and also with methane that has, as a result of the frakking, seeped into the water.

Similarly, well water (taken from much shallower depths) has been contaminated, not directly (as far as anyone knows) as a result of frakking but as a result of the waste pits from previous oil and gas drilling activities in the area.

Finally the report notes that the shale being drilled is in a much shallower formation than exists in other areas and that there isn’t, again as there is in most/many other areas, an impermeable barrier between the shale beds and higher rock formations.

That’s a reasonable and non-biased summary there. Now for a little bit of bias: how you interpret these results.

I interpret then as saying that there are specifics about this particular shale, the shallowness and the lack of a barrier layer, which make this contamination happen. I agree that it’s possible to assume that the same contamination will happen everywhere: I don’t agree, but I do agree that it’s a possibly logical position to hold.

Now of course we’ve got to decide what to actually do.

As I’ve said above, my contribution to the debate is that we should carry on drilling: although perhaps not regardless. With a proper attention to the costs and benefits. What I would not say is that this provides a sufficient argument to ban frakking at all, even though that’s what Josh Fox (of Gasland fame) says should happen:

Beyond the US, Europe, South Africa, China and Australia are right now contemplating embarking on the “shale gas revolution”; they should take note of the EPA’s findings. As the story unfolds, the real answer bubbles inexorably to the surface: fracking is deeply flawed; it is inherently contaminating in its present form and must be halted immediately. The empty excuses of the gas industry and the pro-fracking politicians who defend them just don’t hold water.

For the following logic does not work: something bad happens when frakking is done therefore we must halt frakking. The reason this logic does not work is that whenever anything is done something bad happens: and there’s not much point in our all being around if we’re therefore to ban absolutely everything.

In the specific case of frakking, OK, so there’s groundwater contamination as a result of it (assume that it’s not something limited to Wyoming if you wish). There are also good things that happen as a result of frakking. People get cheap energy as the most obvious result. This stops people freezing in winter, boiling in summer, allows them to cook their food and, something that is generally not appreciated, natural gas is the major input into fertilizer production (along with air) and that’s what allows us to grow all the food that we then want to cook. No, you cannot then state that we should all be doing the organic farming thing and we won’t need the gas: there aren’t enough animals providing enough ordure to produce the organic fertiliser that would be needed.

So, if we don’t frakk then energy becomes more expensive: this will make life worse for many and will, in a statistical sense at least, kill some number of people. Which would be bad.

It’s also true that if we don’t frakk, if we limit the drilling for natural gas, then more coal will be used to provide us with those same energy requirements. That’s worse for the climate as well as being more expensive: so that would also be bad.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the nigerian has the colii turning into a water forum i just logged in and see 4 water threads on the first half of the first page...

Daps
the nigerian has the colii turning into a water forum i just logged in and see 4 water threads on the first half of the first page...

mysmilie_4823.gif
mysmilie_4823.gif
mysmilie_4823.gif

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
water has been the new oil for ages

actually right now garbage is the new oil.... thats the next wave

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Put us on?

a lot of banks and investment funds are buying up garbage companies....

This is because you make money off garbage all through the value chain,

for example when a company collects your garbage, it makes money off the recyclables such as plastics , paper, metals

It makes money off the municipal government because it is paid per ton how much garbage it collects and finally it makes money off energy companies because garbage is increasingly being used as a source of energy

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
If I cared about everything you guys tell me to care about, there'd be no time/energy left to live life

I'll check it out tho