Big business has officially won. Supreme court votes down landmark law that helped regulators.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see @Lexington Steele rated and left a little comment. Here is the thing:

1. Supreme court may not be able to "enforce this", but you see, its merely undoing a ruling the court itself made decades ago. Judges used to default to regulatory agencies interpretation of laws set by congress according to the expertise of those under the employ of said agency.

What the Supreme Court just ruled is that agencies don't have that power and Congress has to be explicit, nullifying regulations in favor of legislation (two totally different things). Short of Congress doing such, judges have latitude to know rule how they see fit, meaning if the same theoretical case hit the courtrooms of different judges, they can rule however they want no matter their expertise according to their interpretations of law. Supreme Court doesn't have to "enforce" this, judges simply do what they want. When you say "Dems can ignore this ruling" that doesn't mean there won't be power struggles up and down the courts vs regulatory agencies, and do-nothing Republican legislators can drag their balls all over the legislature to avoid addressing regulatory oversight legislation. You clearly don't understand how this works or how many decades of regulation has to be completely rewritten if they can't enforce them. Only congress can compel the courts one way or another with legislation otherwise the Judiciary can't be touched.

2. Biden can expand the Supreme Court. You are right. But it requires congress, cause only congress has the ability to compel the courts one way or another. In case some of ya'll didn't know, Dems don't control both houses, and there are at least a couple of dissenting dems getting right-leaning donor money who will stop this in it's tracks.

In summary, we already have Republicans defying Dems on a lot of stuff and that usually either goes to the courts or somehow gets hashed out by the Fed putting pressure on them. The courts, however, can engage in all kinds of fukkery that has to concretely be reigned in by Congress. Lastly, the Supreme Court expansion is not done by decree of the President, it requires congress, so when it comes to both of these issue, the only way for US to have any say and to empower whatever side we want to do something about this is to VOTE. This is not something the Dems can just :unimpressed:in the face of and hope it works itself out. The words of the day are constitutional crises.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Government and Big Business work hand in hand, lockstep with eachother, and have been since the late 1800s

It's crazy how everyone wants to ignore it to live in a fantasy like that hasn't been the case, and thinks they can vote themselves out of "changing it"
:laff:

You gotta stop being stupid and admit that you are wrong.

That's black folks problem. Too many fukking idiots like you

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You gotta stop being stupid and admit that you are wrong.

That's black folks problem. Too many fukking idiots like you

Just because you are too dumb to realize you are an ignorant fool to not know the government's intentions and it's history with corporations, don't get emotional with me

Have fun voting for your lesser of two evil old white man while you believe in fantasies

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Just because you are too dumb to realize you are an ignorant fool to not know the government's intentions and it's history with corporations, don't get emotional with me

Have fun voting for your lesser of two evil old white man while you believe in fantasies

I don't even read your posts.

Just the fact you still got a cape on for Donald j trump is inicstive enough of you mental problems.

You and blacks like you need to seek psychiatric help. c00ning is a legitimate mental disorder

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I don't even read your posts.

Just the fact you still got a cape on for Donald j trump is inicstive enough of you mental problems.

You and blacks like you need to seek psychiatric help. c00ning is a legitimate mental disorder

You don't read my posts, but still regurgitate babble that you have repeated for years like a broken record. Put it together, I rock hoes, you rock fellas

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Trump 2024

:francis:

Get ready for unbreathable air and polluted rivers because industry shareholders need their dividends :mjpls:

Those bytching about mask mandates 2 years ago will wear them without anyone telling them to. Look at China

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trump 2024

:francis:

Get ready for unbreathable air and polluted rivers because industry shareholders need their dividends :mjpls:

Those bytching about mask mandates 2 years ago will wear them without anyone telling them to. Look at China
It's actually bigger than that. Tons of legislation, not just regulation, has been written with Chevron in mind. Legislation in general has frameworks that make the term "against the law" apply. When any entity goes to court, the Administrative state has a lot of latitude in the enforcement as it is under the Executive branch, aka the President, who's swear in says the following:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

How do they defend the constitution? In a lot of ways up to and including agencies that protect and enforce law. This decision kinda sorta throws everything that we know up in the air. FBI/CIA/DEA/DOE/ETC. The things that effects us daily are endless and Republican accelerationists just fukked us majorly.

The head of the Senate Judiciary committee in is the senator from my state and its time to get on his head.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
"It's Capitalism" :yeshrug:

When you as a mere civillian proclaim yourself to be Capitalist you better know what it fully entails. And its not the fairytale propaganda you're been fed.

Seems people don't truly understand it.

:manny: