Big business has officially won. Supreme court votes down landmark law that helped regulators.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The heart of the Chevron decision says federal agencies should be allowed to fill in the details when laws aren’t crystal clear. Opponents of the decision argued that it gave power that should be wielded by judges to experts who work for the government.
This has been arguing for ages and ramped up somewhat recently. That and that "Congress should do it's job" and make laws pertaining to *everything*.

It is not possible for there to be a law on every little thing as Congress gets tied up all the time and they are not expects in everything. This is the big domino.
It's impossible to stress how important this election and all the little ones going forward are. They are ramping up the return to days past through an activist court.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
We are running towards the end-game and people are not taking it seriously. Other countries riot over this kinda shyt. We argue #bothsides here, and outside people ignore it. What the fukk.
Corporations are literally killing witnesses and people just meme it and laugh.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I didn't think there's a single point in my lifetime where big business actually took an L :francis:

Microsoft in the 90s/00s is the ONLY company who ever took an L, especially at their height/power status.

That antitrust suit hurt them and then the gov turned around to never apply it to anyone else :dead:

Worse they greenlighting monopolistic mergers openly now.

Worker protections are done.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Honestly, these batches of decisions has given me a brief but profound bout of dread just now. I don't even fukking know at this point.
I have a dark optimism. The bubonic plague gave workers bargaining power. WWI and II weakened European imperialism. The depression led to the new deal and popularization of keynesian economics. WWII got America out of the depression faster, put women in the workplace, and led to the GI bill which grew the middle class.

After every major calamity, the people get some measure of stability back which was better than what the status quo looked like.

Now we have a few bullets staring at us:
A.I., trade war, and climate change. All of these are tied to big business.

AI will lead to unemployment, trade war will make it worse, and climate change will wipe away billions of dollars in value because of natural disasters, plagues and drought. There will also be wars and refugee crises. Motivated by the issues climate change will worsen.

BUT at the end of all that, there will be a better world. We're a ship at sea, and we can see the clouds ahead. Invest in solar powered generators because they will privatize grids. Invest in some hard skills like repair and horticulture. Learn to get creative with staple foods like rice and wheat. The prices of everything finna explode.