Big business has officially won. Supreme court votes down landmark law that helped regulators.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Friday upended a 40-year-old decision that made it easier for the federal government to regulate the environment, public health, workplace safety and consumer protections, delivering a far-reaching and potentially lucrative victory to business interests.

The court’s six conservative justices overturned the 1984 decision colloquially known as Chevron, long a target of conservatives. The liberal justices were in dissent.

Billions of dollars are potentially at stake in challenges that could be spawned by the high court’s ruling. The Biden administration’s top Supreme Court lawyer had warned such a move would be an “unwarranted shock to the legal system.”

The heart of the Chevron decision says federal agencies should be allowed to fill in the details when laws aren’t crystal clear. Opponents of the decision argued that it gave power that should be wielded by judges to experts who work for the government.

“Courts must exercise their independent judgment in deciding whether an agency has acted within its statutory authority,” Chief Justice John Roberts wrote for the court.

Stock market is about to go crazy, but get ready for insane levels of pollution and corporate malfeasance. They've basically become untouchable as they continue to bribe congresspeople to get their way.

The wealthy in this country have never forgiven the working class for the new deal and they've spent the last 90 years trying to dismantle every piece of legislation designed to prevent another great depression from happening again.

I speculated on whether a second depression would happen in our lifetimes, this court will guarantee that it does. :francis:

Better start learning how to grow your own food, get organic seeds and see if you can set up a community garden. Develop some hard skills and learn how to repair shyt. It's going down.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I didn't think there's a single point in my lifetime where big business actually took an L :francis:
2008 was as close as they were going to get and governments around the world DOUBLED DOWN and gave them money to stay afloat. Whose money? Do I even have to say?

They haven't just reached the end zone they're spiking the football and poplocking. FDA, FTC and SEC will be powerless against these companies who have lawyers and lobby money to get their way.

The sht you've been seeing with Boeing planes losing pieces mid flight or Tesla cars killing people by accelerating against the driver's will? That's only the beginning. The court has effectively told corporations that nothing will really happen to them if they decide to take stupid risks to save money and it leads to people dying.

Couple that in with this:

I don't know what to tell anyone who thinks America ISNT an antidemocratic oligarchy. We've got some delusional people here who will see a feathered animal waddling and quacking and say "wow what a cool looking dog"