Big Boy Club……Amex Gold & Platinum Discussion

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
did it work for you?
Some get this discount using $5 worth of points, others get the 50% off discount using just 1 point. Seems like most who got the up to $15 off discount this time around were ones that got 50% last time. It’s a targeted offer. Some have said they had success by removing the card from payment method and then adding it back. Did not work for me.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Some get this discount using $5 worth of points, others get the 50% off discount using just 1 point. Seems like most who got the up to $15 off discount this time around were ones that got 50% last time. It’s a targeted offer. Some have said they had success by removing the card from payment method and then adding it back. Did not work for me.

Weird I’ve done it literally every day for the past week

Daps
Reppin
NULL
hmm. I just flat out applied for the plat. So I may not be able to help much on this front. I think when I activated it got added to the app.

Also assuming the $250 annual on the gold isn’t a big deal. It may be worth keeping both. For my usual spending, I still get good use of the gold.
If you do a lot of dining it’s valuable to have the gold.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got the 150k Amex plat offer. Debating whether to grab it, make it my main card and downgrade my delta plat before the re up next year. I also want do Japan sometime later this year. Gonna have to look at the transfer points and partners.
I don’t think the platinum card should be anyone’s main card. I put more spend on my delta than my platinum due to the points program.

The platinum card is for the perks, and for travel purchases

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I don’t think the platinum card should be anyone’s main card. I put more spend on my delta than my platinum due to the points program.

The platinum card is for the perks, and for travel purchases
Platinum really shined as your main card if you're hitting the cap on the gold for points accrual and obviously the perks.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Weird I’ve done it literally every day for the past week

Can I hit up the Coli donations app using a prepaid debit card and it still show that my handle donated?

I try to limit using my gubment name as much possible.
I used to be in the top five contributors before the Coli rebuild. Time for me to Boss up again.

stock-photo-new-york-ny-usa-vanilla-visa-gift-card-in-denomination-before-purchase-fee-the-2023303469.jpg