Big Boy Club……Amex Gold & Platinum Discussion

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does the upgrade come with a bonus? Otherwise, I’d wait for a new sub bonus and just sign up.

I’ve had the gold for 19 months and applied for a platinum after they offered 120k points.

Yea. It’s coming with a 100k bonus but my question is do I get rid of the gold? Like they upgrade my gold to plat or I can use both cards or what? And does the app synch both or I manually switch to each card on the app?

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Yea. It’s coming with a 100k bonus but my question is do I get rid of the gold? Like they upgrade my gold to plat or I can use both cards or what? And does the app synch both or I manually switch to each card on the app?
I had the gold first then got the plat maybe a month later when I got them. It wasn’t necessarily an “upgrade” when I got them, just applied for the plat a month later. I have both and manage both of them on the same AMEX app.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had the gold first then got the plat maybe a month later when I got them. It wasn’t necessarily an “upgrade” when I got them, just applied for the plat a month later. I have both and manage both of them on the same AMEX app.

‘that’s the main thing. I don’t want to get rid of my gold. And I don’t want my gold anything to be transferred to my plat. I want to manage two separate accounts. so with the app, do you have to switch back and forth on The app or it shows all up at once both accounts?

Daps
hmm. I just flat out applied for the plat. So I may not be able to help much on this front. I think when I activated it got added to the app.

Also assuming the $250 annual on the gold isn’t a big deal. It may be worth keeping both. For my usual spending, I still get good use of the gold.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
‘that’s the main thing. I don’t want to get rid of my gold. And I don’t want my gold anything to be transferred to my plat. I want to manage two separate accounts. so with the app, do you have to switch back and forth on The app or it shows all up at once both accounts?
They show up separately on the app. You can swap back and forth to manage payments/opting in to offers/etc. on both.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Quick question. About to make this jump to plat.

It’s an upgrade option. So I don’t get to keep my gold?

If I do get to keep it, do the apps synch or I have to manually switch from one card to the other to keep track?

Appreciate it….

When you upgrade this way your gold is replaced with the platinum.

Same card number and all that jazz, but it’ll be a plat card instead of gold.

For this reason people apply and get the welcome offer separately than the gold.

I actually just got a plat upgrade offer in the mail today and read up on it.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you upgrade this way your gold is replaced with the platinum.

Same card number and all that jazz, but it’ll be a plat card instead of gold.

For this reason people apply and get the welcome offer separately than the gold.

I actually just got a plat upgrade offer in the mail today and read up on it.

props…. I’m definitely not doing that upgrade then…. If ya hear about any good ass welcome offer for a new card app, let me know. I’m trying to keep both.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Ensure you have an Amex card added as a payment method.

Visit amazon.com/amexcardoffer to check if you see the coupon code AMEXCARD15

If you do, you're eligible for $15 off a purchase of $15.01 or more (shipped/sold by Amazon) when you pay with Amex.

I've bought like 10 starbucks gift cards basically paying 10 for 25

Can only use it once on an account but i just create new ones with the gmail trick

916x760_smart_fit.jpg

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
Ensure you have an Amex card added as a payment method.

Visit amazon.com/amexcardoffer to check if you see the coupon code AMEXCARD15

If you do, you're eligible for $15 off a purchase of $15.01 or more (shipped/sold by Amazon) when you pay with Amex.

I've bought like 10 starbucks gift cards basically paying 10 for 25

Can only use it once on an account but i just create new ones with the gmail trick

916x760_smart_fit.jpg
Not eligible. :unimpressed: