Big Boy Club……Amex Gold & Platinum Discussion

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I just switched up my cards. I have 337k skymiles just sitting there. I’ve been building them up basically for no reason since I’ve been using other airlines lately. I don’t know what to do with those points honestly as I’m not an huge fan of delta anymore. Originally my main cards were….

AMEX Delta Platinum - travel/everyday card
Chase Sapphire Preferred - everyday card
Apple Card - Apple Pay

Now I’m using

AMEX Platinum - travel/everyday card
Chase Rapid Rewards Southwest - everyday card
AMEX Delta Gold - no reason, only keeping it because they waived the AF
Apple Card - Apple Pay

I hate the fact that adding an auth user to AMEX Plat is $175 a year. That’s ridiculous. They give you the Gold card for free but that card is pointless.
If you get almost all of your food from grocery stores and restaurants, the gold is one of the most valuable cards you can get. That’s a lot of food purchases and 4x points. Not sure how that’s pointless.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
So I have a new job where I'm going to be traveling once a week. Company pays for the flights but I book my own hotel and car rental to which I'll be reimbursed fully. I'll also be reimbursed for food.

AMEX platinum is the way to go right?
yeah I would do it
you get Hilton gold status
Marriott's equivalent I think it's gold or platinum can't remember
then you get all the high ranks of the rental car services (enterprise platinum and all the equivalents)
then you get the $15 a month uber credit too

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
The thing is with Chase Your 36,796 points are worth $551.94. Your Amex express 53000 points are work 316 dollars

If you book thru AMEX Travel you get a penny a point, so it'd be $530. But with transfers these dudes getting 2-4X that, so up to 1-2K. I actually just checked for that flight to Spain, would be around ~45K points roundtrip. Actual ticket cost ~$1000. Just depends if you want straight cash back or will use it for travel deals I suppose

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
If you book thru AMEX Travel you get a penny a point, so it'd be $530. But with transfers these dudes getting 2-4X that, so up to 1-2K. I actually just checked for that flight to Spain, would be around ~45K points roundtrip. Actual ticket cost ~$1000. Just depends if you want straight cash back or will use it for travel deals I suppose

transfers meaning?

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Clown coli dudes and their weird avatars
Tryna tell me bout a mothafukkin' credit card
Maybe they should bring back Debtor's prisons
The small boys club would all get a life sentence
Amex didn't waive the yearly fee, that's cold
Not a surprise you got your bank account froze
Jeepers creepers, where did you get those eyes?
Whole thread is the blind leading the blind
Credit debt will get you bent by the same sex
Braggin' on losing money is a strange flex
Like kegels, and Dr. X predicted your fate
Sad to hear a man say "I'm in a bind, Nate."
Bankruptcy got you crying, now you're a bawler
Cards balance higher than a tightrope walker
Build you an attic and get hung up there
This thread makes up for what's lackin' downstairs

Last edited:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Brehs I have a Delta Amex Platinum. Does it make sense to apply for a Amex Platinum as well?

I need to open up another line of credit. I think another Amex card would be great for travel and hotels etc. what y’all think?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Brehs I have a Delta Amex Platinum. Does it make sense to apply for a Amex Platinum as well?

I need to open up another line of credit. I think another Amex card would be great for travel and hotels etc. what y’all think?
Amex isn’t necessarily a “line of credit” as much as it is a charge card so it operates differently. If you aren’t super loyal to Delta it’s def worth it. Just got my $200 travel bank United Airlines credit, last year it paid for my half of the 2 tickets to Nashville for my pops 70th bday so it def pats off. We pulled up to the Centurion loiunge to celebrate his bday and got SAUCED since we had a 1 hour flight delay :pachaha: