Big Boy Club……Amex Gold & Platinum Discussion

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
What is this welcome bonus and how did you use it towards another trip?

New American Express® Gold Rewards Cardmembers, earn a Welcome Bonus of 40,000 points when you charge $3,000 in purchases to your Card in the first three months of Cardmembership.

you book through

when you check out you just use your points. Like I booked a hotel last month in europe it was around 230 for the night I used 15,070 points and got 115 off the hotel

Package Price
22,170 Points​
Taxes, Fees & Carrier Surcharges
4,434 Points​
Payments Received
15,070 Points + $115.34​

so with all the points I have I can prob book another roundtrip fare to europe :ehh:

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New American Express® Gold Rewards Cardmembers, earn a Welcome Bonus of 40,000 points when you charge $3,000 in purchases to your Card in the first three months of Cardmembership.

you book through

when you check out you just use your points. Like I booked a hotel last month in europe it was around 230 for the night I used 15,070 points and got 115 off the hotel

Package Price
22,170 Points​
Taxes, Fees & Carrier Surcharges
4,434 Points​
Payments Received
15,070 Points + $115.34​

so with all the points I have I can prob book another roundtrip fare to europe :ehh:

What hotel you staying at in Europe that cost 250? Just for you or family too? Let me know. Planning a Europe trip. Currently in Cancun and did the walk through of this resort just to get some free shyt. End up dubbing them but at the very end they gave me a 60% off my next stay by paying 300 to be a member and they got this same resort in ocho rios so it’s a done deal. I got another planned vacation on deck.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
What hotel you staying at in Europe that cost 250? Just for you or family too? Let me know. Planning a Europe trip. Currently in Cancun and did the walk through of this resort just to get some free shyt. End up dubbing them but at the very end they gave me a 60% off my next stay by paying 300 to be a member and they got this same resort in ocho rios so it’s a done deal. I got another planned vacation on deck.

It was in london just one night across from tower hill

Usually I book outside the city but using my points made it a decent price

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York
If you fly even once a year or stay at a hotel once a year that 100 dollar travel credit brings it down to 150 right off the bat.
For anyone in corporate America, if your employer offers a corporate green credit card for work purposes, take it! You can call customer service and link this card to any personal Amex charge card you have.

If you do, you’ll get $100 off of the annual fee for the gold card, making it $150. If the credits are useful to you (I use it every single month), you’ll be up $90 the year, and that’s not counting the points from purchases & amex offers.

Think you get $150 off the annual fee for the Platinum card if you link your corporate card. I’m in amex pop-up jail, so I’m waiting to jump on the platinum once I’m finally eligible for the welcome bonus. After the first year, I’m closing it and switching over to the business platinum.

Business plat >>> personal Plat

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
For anyone in corporate America, if your employer offers a corporate green credit card for work purposes, take it! You can call customer service and link this card to any personal Amex charge card you have.

If you do, you’ll get $100 off of the annual fee for the gold card, making it $150. If the credits are useful to you (I use it every single month), you’ll be up $90 the year, and that’s not counting the points from purchases & amex offers.

Think you get $150 off the annual fee for the Platinum card if you link your corporate card. I’m in amex pop-up jail, so I’m waiting to jump on the platinum once I’m finally eligible for the welcome bonus. After the first year, I’m closing it and switching over to the business platinum.

:ohhh:
thanks for the tip

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps

My firm uses that Diners Club shyt. :beli:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I’m thinking of upgrading g my gold to platinum for the lounge access

I've only been in the lounge once and that's because I needed a desk to chill out at and knock out some work. Other than that I haven't found it as a useful perk with Platinum. The best have been free bags for me and +1 and the free roundtrip companion certificate I got for my 1 yr card anniversary.

It's great if you get to the airport early and/or have long layovers. Personally, I don't get to the airport earlier than 90-100 mins before my flight boards. In Atlanta precheck will have from TSA to gate in less than 15 mins. At that point it's no use in paying for the lounge

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Am I using my Delta Amex Plat wrong? The rewards seem pretty underwhelming outside of the companion pass and clear access. In fact I know I’m not maximizing my points efficiently