Big Boy Club……Amex Gold & Platinum Discussion

Jsully

Pro
Daps
Mane my LLC generates 80k in revenue a year . Consumer debt is stupid no matter how you cut. Pay it down and buy assets. I only use credit cards cause the interest is tax deductible
Once again, carrying a balance is not smart. You pay it off monthly.i agree that you shouldn't carry conumer debt

But using cash is stupid, especially when purchasing retail goods or services. Any retail establishment that accepts credit cards, prices in the cost of the transaction fee that CC companies charge them. Using a card that gives points or cashback allows you to recapture the extra $$ spent. If you pay with cash, you can't recapture the extra cost of the good or service due to the CC transaction fee.

Also, $80k isn't a flex when discussing business

Daps
Once again, carrying a balance is not smart. You pay it off monthly.i agree that you shouldn't carry conumer debt

But using cash is stupid, especially when purchasing retail goods or services. Any retail establishment that accepts credit cards, prices in the cost of the transaction fee that CC companies charge them. Using a card that gives points or cashback allows you to recapture the extra $$ spent. If you pay with cash, you can't recapture the extra cost of the good or service due to the CC transaction fee.
You speaking from the standpoint of a man with no assets. I’m not worried about a credit score brother.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

Also, $80k isn't a flex when discussing business
that guy has to be a troll he keeps saying the same thing :russ:

Jsully

Pro
Daps
You speaking from the standpoint of a man with no assets. I’m not worried about a credit score brother.
You're either a troll or telling on yourself. Anyone who knows anything about business knows that you leverage debt and financing(credit) to scale a business. I can assure you, just from our conversation i have way more assets than you..

Daps
You're either a troll or telling on yourself. Anyone who knows anything about business knows that you leverage debt and financing(credit) to scale a business. I can assure you, just from our conversation i have way more assets than you..
leveraging debt/credit to scale a business is how you end up out of business. Liquidity will always be best. You think they’re giving you those points for no reason? You think Getting 5% cash Back on a 20% apr makes sense. You losing money using a credit card no matter how you cut it. But hey do you not my life don’t care.

Jsully

Pro
Daps
You speaking from the standpoint of a man with
leveraging debt/credit to scale a business is how you end up out of business. Liquidity will always be best. You think they’re giving you those points for no reason? You think Getting 5% cash Back on a 20% apr makes sense. You losing money using a credit card no matter how you cut it. But hey do you not my life don’t care.
You only pay apr if you carry a balance.that's why you pay it off.

I've been in business for 16 years now... thriving would be an understatement

Daps
Ok bruh. Life is way too unpredictable to say hey I can pay off every month on time, every time for the rest of my life . All it takes is one incident or bad year and then the bills pile up. You lose your job, have a bad year and/or have an expensive emergency. But hey you got .50 cents back on your purchase or get a free flight every year. It’s just dumb to get into any type of debt when you have the actual money to pay for things. So it’s not held over your head. Hopefully everything works well for you but if it doesn’t at least you can blame the government right. If everybody was responsible with credit cards banks would be out of business in no time. It’s a trap and all it takes is one bad year and you’re done. You’re one of those people who prepare for the good but never for the bad. That’s why them rich folks abe jumping off of buildings and go postal when they lose their job. Credit cards are playing with fire.

Last edited:

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Just got the Amex Hilton Honors Surpass. I’m lifetime diamond, so when I use the card at Hilton hotels I get 56x hotel points sometimes more during promotions. I can put my work trips on my personal card, so I’m about to :eat:

Last edited:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just got my Amex gold card :banderas:

just got sent this in the mail yesterday

(You're pre-approved to add the Gold Card with 4X points at restaurants worldwide)

I want to get it, but I don't travel and etc to make any use of the card,, I would just be paying $250 for the gold :francis:

Also that $250 fee should be FREE since I have been a member for 21 years :stopitslime: fukk them lol

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

(You're pre-approved to add the Gold Card with 4X points at restaurants worldwide)

I want to get it, but I don't travel and etc to make any use of the card,, I would just be paying $250 for the gold :francis:

Also that $250 fee should be FREE since I have been a member for 21 years :stopitslime: fukk them lol

I got both the gold and Platinum… I use the gold for regular shyt.. Platinum strictly for travel, hotels, sporting events lol.. gotta justify that $250 and $695 fee a year :francis:

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I was gonna upgrade my Delta Airlines Gold card to the Platinum, but the rewards with the Platinum card don't necessarily work for me. I prefer to earn 2x and 3x the miles from everyday purchases (e.g. supermarket, dining out) with the Gold instead of 1x on everyday purchases and access to the Delta Sky Lounge or Amex Centurion Lounge, which are in only the largest airports anyway.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Used the 100 travel credit for my flight in a few weeks, going to use the lounge that comes with it as well.

Plus if I spend 3000 in the first three months I get 40000 bonus points

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

the gold isn't really a travel card more of a daily life card since most of the points will be earned from supermarkets and restaurants
but yeah if you're not getting at least 25,000 points from the card yearly then you're paying the fee for nothing.
since you get 4x on those categories that equates to spending at least $500 a month on both groceries and restaurants
if you don't spend this already it doesn't make sense
but then you get $10 off uber and that $10 dining credit which makes no sense for me personally
there's also the 3x on travel which would help for the few times you may need to buy a ticket.
I keep thinking about it but then I don't do it