Big Boy Club……Amex Gold & Platinum Discussion

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
the gold isn't really a travel card more of a daily life card since most of the points will be earned from supermarkets and restaurants
but yeah if you're not getting at least 25,000 points from the card yearly then you're paying the fee for nothing.
since you get 4x on those categories that equates to spending at least $500 a month on both groceries and restaurants
if you don't spend this already it doesn't make sense
but then you get $10 off uber and that $10 dining credit which makes no sense for me personally
there's also the 3x on travel which would help for the few times you may need to buy a ticket.
I keep thinking about it but then I don't do it

If you fly even once a year or stay at a hotel once a year that 100 dollar travel credit brings it down to 150 right off the bat.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Y'all in here paying over 1000 dollars in annual fees to get 300 dollars in rewards. I've got ok credit and have way better cards. I caught up to y'all. And y'all carrying balances month to month.

Last edited:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y'all in here paying over 1000 dollars a year in annual fees to get 300 dollars in rewards. I've got ok credit and have way better cards. I caught up to y'all. And y'all carrying balances month to month.

Yep, you caught on to us. You figured it out. We don't know what the fukk we are doing, and we are paying 30 percent APR on our cards. We exposed!
:sadcam:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all in here paying over 1000 dollars a year in annual fees to get 300 dollars in rewards. I've got ok credit and have way better cards. I caught up to y'all. And y'all carrying balances month to month.
All you have to do is call them and tell them you want the fee waived:manny:

And a the purpose of the card is to replace your debit card. It's really for people that have discipline to only make purchases that you would only make with your debit.

I do not know anyone that uses thier AMEax as a credit card

Last edited:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yay can’t wait to go broke and be in debt for the rest of my life just so I can get some free trips and feel special!
Brah. I've had a AMEX plat for the last 8 years back when they was sending the cards out in wooden boxes and I've never paid a fee once

Get the card, call customer service and ask them to waive the fee...as long as you spend at least they will do it because they chanrge the vendor for that

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
havnt had a card in awhile and virtually 0 debt so my credit been hovering around 800 for awhile but as I get older paying for flights, hotels etc on debit seems stupid and dont know why ive done it the past few years. Time to change that.

got approved for amex platinum no spending limit, card arrives friday :blessed:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
My friends lucky I care about them, because I was Fasho about to refer them for amex gold and platinum for the 15k points each, but I seen plat and gold intro bonuses are it’s highest ever (150k and 90k respectively), and told them that they’re better off getting those since they would’ve gotten 60k at best from me :francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Y'all in here paying over 1000 dollars in annual fees to get 300 dollars in rewards. I've got ok credit and have way better cards. I caught up to y'all. And y'all carrying balances month to month.

Gold is 250

And with that 250 I get a 100 travel credit that I used to book a flight

Plus I got 40,000 points for spending 3,000 within the first three months

That’s 400 dollars

Plus I got 4 premium lounge passes a year already used a few where I ate like a pig

Worth every penny to me if you travel