Biden to Democrats: I'm not dropping out of 2024 race

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps

The Democrats who have called on Joe Biden to step down

Lloyd Doggett (Texas)

The Texas veteran was first out of the gate, saying last week: “Recognising that, unlike [Donald] Trump, President Biden’s first commitment has always been to our country, not himself, I am hopeful that he will make the painful and difficult decision to withdraw. I respectfully call on him to do so.”

Raúl Grijalva (Arizona)

A senior progressive from a battleground state, Grijalva has sway in his party. Following Doggett, the 76-year-old told the New York Times: “What [Biden] needs to do is shoulder the responsibility for keeping that seat – and part of that responsibility is to get out of this race.” Grijalva also said Democrats “have to win this race, and we have to hold the House and hold the Senate”, because if not, the party’s achievements under Biden would “go down the sewer”.

Seth Moulton (Massachusetts)

The former US marine, who briefly challenged Biden for the nomination in 2020, told a Boston radio station: “President Biden has done enormous service to our country, but now is the time for him to follow in one of our founding father, George Washington’s, footsteps and step aside to let new leaders rise up.” Moulton has since doubled down, citing the “disaster” of the debate.

Mike Quigley (Illinois)

Speaking to MSNBC on Friday, Quigley said: “Mr. President, your legacy is set. We owe you the greatest debt of gratitude. The only thing that you can do now to cement that for all time and prevent utter catastrophe is to step down and let someone else do this.”

Angie Craig (Minnesota)

On Saturday, the congresswoman said: “Given what I saw and heard from the president during last week’s debate in Atlanta, coupled with the lack of a forceful response from the president himself following that debate, I do not believe that the president can effectively campaign and win against Donald Trump. That’s why I respectfully call on President Biden to step aside as the Democratic nominee for a second term as president and allow for a new generation of leaders to step forward.”

Adam Smith (Washington)

On Monday, the congressman said: “That candidate must be able to clearly, articulately, and strongly make his or her case to the American people. It is clear that President Biden is no longer able to meet this burden.” In an interview he also implored Biden. “I’m pleading with him − take a step back,’” he said on CNN. “Look at what’s best for the party, look at what’s best for the county.”

Reported: Jerry Nadler (New York), Mark Takano (California), Joe Morelle (New York)

According to multiple reports, on Sunday the three senior Democrats along with Smith had used a private call arranged by Hakeem Jeffries, the House minority leader, to call for Biden to stand down. Others on the call reportedly expressed serious concerns but did not go so far as to say Biden should quit.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
He sounds like the coach that keeps saying he’s sticking around at a program and then up and bails. He’s DOA if he sticks around in the election and every dem on the ticket down ballot with him knows that. Hence them wanting his ass out the door

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Biden still going to win

Ya'll underestimate how many people are going to vote against Project 2025, not necessarily FOR Biden. Expect record turnout from 18-24 yr old voters, especially (minority) women.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Biden still going to win

Ya'll underestimate how many people are going to vote against Project 2025, not necessarily FOR Biden. Expect record turnout from 18-24 yr old voters, especially (minority) women.
Most of the electorate isnt aware of project 25 and considering the Democratic party still hasnt publicly established a clear link between project 25 and why it is detrimental to white and hispanic people in swing states (since that is who will decide a Biden victory)

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Based on what? And if thats the case do whites and Hispanics really care about project 25?
u think white women don't care about christo-fascism? :lolbron:nation-wide abortion bans, no more birth control and an end to no-fault divorce?

biggest group of Hispanics are Mexican-Americans and trump said he gon deport people who have been here for decades even if their kids were born here

expect much more coverage leading up to election day, mainstream pundits will let hispanics know why they should care if they aren't already aware