Biden announces plans for Supreme Court reforms and constitutional amendment to end presidential immunity

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't support term limits for the Supreme Court.
:manny:

Gonna feel real bad when a valuable liberal judge gets removed from office during a republican president's reign because his term ended. I don't want to deal with that. Win elections and this won't be a problem. I'm fine with just about everything else proposed and I also am fine with expanding the court.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
This might salvage his legacy in my view if he can pull this off.

If he pulls this off and Kamala gets elected then he'll go down as one of the better presidents IMO

But if he doesn't and Trump gets elected he'll go down as a disappointment

His legacy is literally on a seesaw depending on how shyt turns out

Daps
Everyone mentioning term limits for congress and or senate need to understand, the people have the power to vote them out. We don’t have that power for the supreme court. Hence why term limits are needed for SC.
The logic is that the Founders didn't want the SC to be subject to the whims of the people....politics.

Problem is that modern SC conservative judges are much more shady than George Washington and 'em ever thought possible. They assumed judges would be honest and fair, not taking payola from the highest bidder.

Daps
It's a big deal that a president is saying this. It's an acknowledgement of everything people have been saying and this should have been on the agenda from day one.

Since he's not seeking re election, he's in a position to push something like this, and during the election season when there are political ads they can use republican resistance to these broadly popular policies as proof that they don't actually care about law and order, they're soft on political corruption and ultimately: soft on crime.

Ironically using one of their biggest talking points against them. You can't vote against these proposals then claim Donald trump, a literal criminal who tried to steal the election, is a champion of democracy and is tough on crime. Term limits would have limited Biden’s own political career, he's willing to brand himself as a person who sacrifices his ambitions for a greater goal. They'll use this when going on the attack if Republicans respond predictably by speaking against these measures and proposing nothing better. It will show the undecided voters that if they vote for Republicans, they'll be governed by people who actually don't give a shyt what the public thinks and will cling to power undemocratically.
Biden playing 4-D chess. Wouldn't be shocked if Obama was masterminding some of this shyt.

GOP is too contradictory for their own good and it's the perfect time to point it out.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Is that a threat? :mjpls:

Didn't @Morethan1 say the domain expires in Fall and we haven't heard from Brook in a year?

What do you think happens then?:skip:

Plan? :mjlol:

There is no plan. This is the plan.

Keep posting here until something cataclysmic happens, I guess. In which case we have no way of getting in contact with Brook, so it's game over. Like I said he can go 2-3 months without even visiting the site.

If I was a "regular" poster and not a mod I wouldn't even be here any more. I log into TLR and see people arguing passionately every day, holding onto grudges with other posters for months, sometimes years....

It's the equivalent of rearranging furniture on the deck of the Titanic.
FYI The domain name expires in the fall of next year

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I don't support term limits for the Supreme Court.
:manny:

Gonna feel real bad when a valuable liberal judge gets removed from office during a republican president's reign because his term ended. I don't want to deal with that. Win elections and this won't be a problem. I'm fine with just about everything else proposed and I also am fine with expanding the court.
Electoral College is rigging elections

And Republicans are doing more illegal shyt

And Dems are rigging primaries

They need to do term limits or shyt will look real ugly

Probably by the end of this election

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Everyone mentioning term limits for congress and or senate need to understand, the people have the power to vote them out. We don’t have that power for the supreme court. Hence why term limits are needed for SC.
If the president has term limits, then Congress and the senate should as well.

Do it for all of them and not just a select few as it lessens the potential corruption and lobbyist influence.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Biden playing 4-D chess. Wouldn't be shocked if Obama was masterminding some of this shyt.

GOP is too contradictory for their own good and it's the perfect time to point it out.
Probably why Bernie sanders wasn't publicly recommending he drop out. They probably made a deal that he'd support this, especially considering what Alexandria occasio did a few weeks ago asking for members of the court to be impeached.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The logic is that the Founders didn't want the SC to be subject to the whims of the people....politics.

Problem is that modern SC conservative judges are much more shady than George Washington and 'em ever thought possible. They assumed judges would be honest and fair, not taking payola from the highest bidder.
A naive assumption that’s backfired big time.

I won’t blame them for it though as that logic and thought process is 250 years old.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this is actually stupid. the term limits should be for all new justices going forward, not people who already have lifetime appointments

not that it was gonna pass anyway, but this literally gives republicans an excuse to tell the dems to go fukk themselves :dead:why would republicans vote out their own judges?

Last edited: