Biden announces plans for Supreme Court reforms and constitutional amendment to end presidential immunity

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't really see how this goes anywhere unless it can be done with an executive order :yeshrug: but good idea

Now you deflecting :russ: See how a "bothsider" responds when a dem tries to do something good. I guarantee you if Biden and Kamala had pushed for reparations two years ago the sentiment would have been "they can't pass that" and "they are just trying to buy votes".See this is why you dudes get called TLRepublicans.

Don't bother breh, they're just Republicans who are too p*ssy to admit they lean that way.

They might be even worse than your normal red hat MAGAs...at least they're honest.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
It's a big deal that a president is saying this. It's an acknowledgement of everything people have been saying and this should have been on the agenda from day one.

Since he's not seeking re election, he's in a position to push something like this, and during the election season when there are political ads they can use republican resistance to these broadly popular policies as proof that they don't actually care about law and order, they're soft on political corruption and ultimately: soft on crime.

Ironically using one of their biggest talking points against them. You can't vote against these proposals then claim Donald trump, a literal criminal who tried to steal the election, is a champion of democracy and is tough on crime. Term limits would have limited Biden’s own political career, he's willing to brand himself as a person who sacrifices his ambitions for a greater goal. They'll use this when going on the attack if Republicans respond predictably by speaking against these measures and proposing nothing better. It will show the undecided voters that if they vote for Republicans, they'll be governed by people who actually don't give a shyt what the public thinks and will cling to power undemocratically.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It makes sense to do it when the world literally witnessed abuse of it. That way it can be taken serious. Anyone hating on this is an idiot imo.
Some people argue like hoes that if its not done at the beginning of your term, its just pandering. He has 4 years. He can do things in whatever order.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Should have been drafted and pushed through the first year of his presidency. Not some kind of bullet being saved to turbo charge Kamala Harris's president candidacy.

But I guess better late than never :yeshrug:

yeah I feel the same way, on one hand it looks like he's pandering being so late

but on the other hand better late than never

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I like it especially those term limits on SCOTUS justices, because the election of 2016 and 45 picking like 3 justices will have lasting effects on the judicial system for decades.

That ish will never pass through 2/3 Congress though.