Beyoncé shoehorning her career into country music is embarrassing and disrespectful.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
“Black people invented country”…so the fukk what, how many black women do y’all know listening to some fukking COUNTRY music? I was just telling my girl I think it’s silly to be excited over a country album just because it’s a Beyoncé when you don’t even listen to the shyt! She just dropping shyt to see how many nikkas gonna buy it at this point

No it’s not and you’re doing a disservice by telling her that.

Let this be an entry point for people to actually GET into the genre. Nothing wrong with that at all.

So many country artist women & men this will help. Playlist, streaming, etc.

Mickey Guyton
Rissi Palmer
Brittany Spencer
Chapel Hearts
Madeline Edwards
One the duo
Adia Victoria
Delila black
Tiera

You “black” ppl with a loser / defeatist mindsets are annoying.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we are being real, this shyt started 20 plus years ago when they were forcing beyonce down everyones throat. I feel as if beyonce has been more about building a brand vs actually putting out good music. Whats her classic album? What songs she has as classic? Shes more of a successful brand than a great artist to be honest

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So we are not going to discuss the fact that a Black man named Leslie Riddle helped AP Carter go into Blues Clubs to learn Blues song and then he taught guitar licks to Maybelle Carter, which is now called the Carter scratch but is actually just the slide guitar that had long been played by Bluesmen and women. The Carter family are now called the founding family of Country music and it was a Black man that found it for them.

Then there is a Black man named Rufus "Tee Tot" Payne that mentored Hank Williams. There is a Black man named Arnold Schultz that taught Bill Monroe Bluegrass music. Then of course there is a Black man named DeFord Bailey that even coined the term the Grand Ole Opry. Bailey played Blues and Country music and there wasn't really much difference in the genres at one time, because White Country artist routinely remade Blacck Blues songs and still do because Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton is a knockoff of I would rather go blind by Etta James. Hell Johnny Cash listed Sister Rosetta Tharp as one of his biggest influences.

Last edited:

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
I love that Beyoncè just does what she wants to do. She doesn't allow the peanut gallery's opinion to stop her from exploring genre and showing her versatility. If Bey listened to y'all she'd be relegated to the chitlin circuit like a lot of her peers are today.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Nah, I wanna see white tears flooding the streets. We need a Metal album :mjgrin:

Hear me out breh....

BEY X Metallica X Pink Floyd X King Crimson reunion with Hov on mic as a surprise Tidal exclusive.

9750948e07be31d038ca889480641232.gif

I want to see blood :wow: