Better franchise Zelda Ocarina of time until now or God of War

Zelda vs God of War

• Zelda

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • God of War

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
To each his own. BOTW is near the top, I agree, but I'm not arguing with anyone saying Link to the past is the best. Ocarina of time, Link to the past and BOTW all redefined gaming. You can't go wrong with any of those 3. But to say Ocarina of time and breath of the wild are the only two great Zelda games is asinine.

LTTP was special.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
D7zk2n9W4AA8HBB.png

Ocarina of Time, Link's awakening, Wind Waker and I'd say Majora's Mask imo are the best Zelda games. BOTW was so boring and overrated imo. I just didn't really enjoy it like that.

my-ranking-of-god-of-war-after-beating-all-games-100-every-v0-4oeja79seqz91.png

God of War series were amazing but I wouldn't really say they were some of the best games I've ever played. To me they were merely spectacle that was one and done. I never replayed a god of war game. GoW 2018 though was better than BOTW imo. Ragnarok thus far is just as great but I'll know when I'm done with it. Unless Tears of the Kingdom or w/e it's called comes out and shakes the building I'll say the Zelda franchise starting to fall off. Hasn't been a "OOT" like Zelda game for me in forever.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
God of War ain't shyt :mjlol:

Boring formulaic "prestige" game mediocrity.

Breath of the Wild alone is more influential than the whole GoW series, nevermind Ocarina and LTTP.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
God of War ain't shyt :mjlol:

Boring formulaic "prestige" game mediocrity.

Breath of the Wild alone is more influential than the whole GoW series, nevermind Ocarina and LTTP.

Lets also pretend a lot of zelda games aren’t highly overrated. Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and yes…even Wind Waker, are glorified 7 and 8’s, that get 10’s

But people will never be honest with Zelda and Mario, its two gaming franchises the industry won’t let fail because they don’t want nintendo to fail

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Lets also pretend a lot of zelda games aren’t highly overrated. Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and yes…even Wind Waker, are glorified 7 and 8’s, that get 10’s

But people will never be honest with Zelda and Mario, its two gaming franchises the industry won’t let fail because they don’t want nintendo to fail

As long as you accept that those last couple of GoW games are the definition of 8/10 games :yeshrug:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Link to the Past is a GOAT. So much so Indy games are still copying that formula.
Ocarina of Time set a whole standard for games.
Breath of the Wild set a new standard for games as well.

The mainline games all are hits. Then the portable games are piff also.

God of war is really good and pushed storytelling forward.

Zelda>>>>>>≥GoW

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Nobody is bringing up those 3 like botw, OOT, Majoras mask or LttP tho.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What genre is that?

Outside of graphics what does it excel at?

It certainly isn't combat or its tired ass system mechanics.

And please don't say that rote, Showtime/Starz level storywriting :unimpressed:

Combat, narrative, music, accessibility, presentation, etc

I love BoTW (more than god of war) , but what does that excel in outside of exploration? I can use the same argument.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps

So as overrated as they are, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker are on the same level or worse than God of War games pre-2018? That's what yall telling us?

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Combat, narrative, music, accessibility, presentation, etc

I love BoTW (more than god of war) , but what does that excel in outside of exploration? I can use the same argument.

Well it doesn't excel at combat does it. Accessibility?

Saying an open world game like BOTW only excels at exploration is like saying the only thing Doom does well is shooting. That is the game. Its open world design revitalised the whole genre.

I don't see a single thing God of War does better than another game. And that's okay most games don't. It's a perfectly good game but nothing more than that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't see a single thing God of War does better than another game. And that's okay most games don't. It's a perfectly good game but nothing more than that.

Thats an outlier opinion, it has great combat and a great narrative.

Thats just like me saying, i dont think BOTW’s open world is that great because theres no real towns or great sidequest.