Better Call Saul> Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul

• Total voters

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Seeing Kimmy evolve worshipping Chuck and the idea of being prestige honorable lawyer to learning the justice system is corrupt and finessing and scheming was more effective was great character development. Seeing Saul go from slipping Jimmy to a decent lawyer and then evolving into a lawyer version of slipping Jimmy was a great arc as well.BCS is more of a character study then a cliff hanger show
You can do a character study show without it being so slow and drawn out.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't go that far, yet...

but i do think it's almost like a "re-correct" on BB

the viewers who are like OH I ONLY LIKE BREAKING BAD, THIS shyt TOO SLOW NOT ENOUGH METH KILLING AND RANDOM OTHER KILLINGS FOR ME

is very telling @hex speak on it

it has all the greatness of breaking bad but you gotta actually sit through some great acting... rhea seehorn is on another fukking level on this.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
BCS has been soooo good the last 4 seasons. but the first 2 seasons were PAINFULLY slow as they were building the world from scratch. it didn't really take off til his brother chuck was killed off.

BB is easier to watch, cuz it start off with walt getting into the shyt in episode one.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It's gonna really come down to how they end BCS, but I think people are forgetting how bad of a character Skyler White was and how his son wasn't that far behind.

As far as the pace of the show, it started as a legal dramady so of course it's going to be slower paced. The legal world with someone trying to be a lawyer is not going to be a fast paced show right away. Breaking Bad also started out slow before building up.

BB started off with walt and jesse in the RV cooking meth in their underwear.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't go that far, yet...

but i do think it's almost like a "re-correct" on BB

the viewers who are like OH I ONLY LIKE BREAKING BAD, THIS shyt TOO SLOW NOT ENOUGH METH KILLING AND RANDOM OTHER KILLINGS FOR ME

is very telling @hex speak on it

it has all the greatness of breaking bad but you gotta actually sit through some great acting... rhea seehorn is on another fukking level on this.

I actually spoke on "BB" vs "BCS" a couple days ago in the official thread:

The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

In the past, I've compared "BCS" to "The Wire" in that it's a far slower paced, character driven drama than "BB".

Fred.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For good and for bad, the writer's are completely unconcerned about episode-to-episode arcs. They have enough cred to write it however they want. So they write the seasons like they're movies; you might watch an episode and think it was overall "boring" but by the end of the season/movie you realize it all fit together beautifully.

I can see how someone wouldn't like individual episodes - especially in the first couple seasons. But if you binged the show, and didn't appreciate the character arc with Saul's brother? The culmination of it in that courtroom scene? The fallout from that?

If all you want to see is Narco's go pew-pew with their guns then maybe you should just stick to Fast & Furious and Transformers movies cause you have bad taste. :yeshrug:

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I love both but we'll see how this ends. Better Call Saul has been alot better since they wrote Jimmys brother off the show and started focusing more on Gus, Mike, Lalo and Nacho and them.
Nah Chuck was cool too

It was cool before thry introduced the gang shyt

It's like season 2 of the wire, was still goid but all ppl want is the action,

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I've enjoyed the last couple of seasons of BCS more than BB. I think Gilligan is just getting better as a storyteller if anything else. Plus Rhea Seahorn gotta be the damn best actress in this role.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like BCS had more an exploration of themes than story. the main themes of BCS for me were discipline, professionalism, preparation, patience and craftmanship. That's why the show had such a slow pace qt times. It was all about people trying to be the best at what they do whether good or bad guy, whether low level or high level. And on both of these spectrums, Saul was always exactly in the middle. To me it was great and i might prefer it to BB. BB had other themes but it was more about descending to hell very slowly.

I slightly prefer BCS despite BB maybe having the better story. Both great shows IMO.