Better Call Saul> Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul

• Total voters

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
It's gonna really come down to how they end BCS, but I think people are forgetting how bad of a character Skyler White was and how his son wasn't that far behind.

As far as the pace of the show, it started as a legal dramady so of course it's going to be slower paced. The legal world with someone trying to be a lawyer is not going to be a fast paced show right away. Breaking Bad also started out slow before building up.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Yeah it depends on how they wrap this BCS up. I’d still give BB an edge but I think everyone involved is just so much more experienced from the BB run that it enhances everything from the writing to the cinematography which is top notch. The main difference for me was when it got the final season of BB I couldn’t wait for each episode and I don’t really have that feeling with BCS. I watch every week but I don’t rush to it like other shows I’m really into

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam you're too much of a groupie to realize its not a edgy take

Gilligan is glad when fans love 'Better Call Saul' more
I run into people every day now who say Better Call Saul is their favorite of the two,” the showrunner said. “I love hearing that. I don't know where I fall personally on that scale, that continuum — I try not to choose.May 7, 2020

Even the poll so far is 50/50

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I think Better Call Saul is the more polished show. They clearly looked at the things that worked and didn't work with BB and applied it to BCS. I think the other thing is BCS has a more intimate group of characters. BB was more of an EPIC like a modern day Iliad or something to that effect. Where BCS is almost more of a character study in terms of its pacing. If BCS pulls of the ending there is argument that can be made because I didn't like the way BB ended.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Better Call Saul is the more polished show. They clearly looked at the things that worked and didn't work with BB and applied it to BCS. I think the other thing is BCS has a more intimate group of characters. BB was more of an EPIC like a modern day Iliad or something to that effect. Where BCS is almost more of a character study in terms of its pacing. If BCS pulls of the ending there is argument that can be made because I didn't like the way BB ended.
Yeah that nazi Jesse kidnapping cooking meth chained up was a terrible arc to close out the series. They should have ended the show with the Gus antagonist arc.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Naw. The Saul and Kim storylines are mid. And everything with Gus and the Cartel and just trying to relive their much better moments from BB.

This show has zero rewatch ability

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw. The Saul and Kim storylines are mid. And everything with Gus and the Cartel and just trying to relive their much better moments from BB.

This show has zero rewatch ability
Seeing Kimmy evolve worshipping Chuck and the idea of being prestige honorable lawyer to learning the justice system is corrupt and finessing and scheming was more effective was great character development. Seeing Saul go from slipping Jimmy to a decent lawyer and then evolving into a lawyer version of slipping Jimmy was a great arc as well.BCS is more of a character study then a cliff hanger show