Reppin
So. Cal
I have the following now.
3 Roku Ultras (1 LT)
Roku Streaming Stick
2 NVIDIA Shields (2017 & 2019)
FireTV Stick 4K
Apple TV 4K

I would say my favorite is the Apple TV followed by the Shield and then the Roku Ultra. I don’t really use the Roku Stick or the FireTV Stick 4K much. Somebody just gave them to me.

Apple TV has minimal ads in the interface. Love that.
Ofc ur retarded ass was the culprit of upping this thread. fukking troll

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Thinking about investing in the Nvidia Shield TV in 2024? You might want to reconsider after watching this eye-opening video. Discover the truth behind why you SHOULDN'T get the Nvidia Shield TV this year. Don't forget to hit the subscribe button for more tech advice!

#upgradeguy #UGT #NvidiaShield #NvidiaShieldTV #Streaming

:ohhh: I didn't realize the 2022 Fire TV Cube's CPU is shytting on the 2019 Nvidia Shield TV Pro & also the Nvidia Shield TV hasn't received an OS update since 2022.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

:ohhh: I didn't realize the 2022 Fire TV Cube's CPU is shytting on the 2019 Nvidia Shield TV Pro & also the Nvidia Shield TV hasn't received an OS update since 2022.

Not true. Also, Amazon products all route you to Amazon purchases at every turn, there are TONS of ads, and last I checked, they were blocking sideloading and customization. Probably not black and white at all.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The interface, which is subjective, is the ONLY thing the ATV does better. No DTS audio, no HDR10+. Unlike Apple, Android lets you alter the interface...for less money.
The most recent Apple TV has HDR10+ but that only really matters for Samsung TVs. Most other brands are Dolby Vision. I don't think my setup uses DTS. I have Sonos Arc soundbar on both my TVs so it's usually Dolby Atmos.

They haven't changed the hardware in so long I'm not surprised. The thing that pisses me off on the Shield is no built in IR Receiver.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

They haven't changed the hardware in so long I'm not surprised. The thing that pisses me off on the Shield is no built in IR Receiver.
It's a surprise to me becuz of how much the Nvidia Shield TV's SoC is talked up about as still being superior to SoCs in other streaming devices. I guess that only applies to the Nvidia Shield TV's GPU becuz even the 2019 Fire TV Cube's CPU benchmarks better than the 2019 Nvidia Shield TV Pro CPU.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
I have 3 shields and an Apple TV. I’d say Apple TV all day. Shield OS isn’t being updated last I checked. I got the appple tv when the xfinity stream app stopped working.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
AppleTV 4K. Everything is fast as hell, you can have a billion apps , switch between and everything g loads instantly.

The twitch app is busted on it though , and hasn’t worked properly in over a year

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
AppleTV 4K. Everything is fast as hell, you can have a billion apps , switch between and everything g loads instantly.

The twitch app is busted on it though , and hasn’t worked properly in over a year
In my bedroom I been using that $40 1st gen Apple TV 4K I got second hand and I love it so much I'm leaning towards getting a new 2nd one and moving that one to the LG OLED. My Samsung OLED in the bedroom can't do Dolby Vision but can do HDR10+ and the new Apple TV has that.

Ever since I got a Skip 1s remote the Nvidia Shield has been bushed. I can't believe they didn't put an IR sensor on the 2017 and 2019 model. I don't like the Nvidia Shield remotes especially that flat 2017 one.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
In my bedroom I been using that $40 1st gen Apple TV 4K I got second hand and I love it so much I'm leaning towards getting a new 2nd one and moving that one to the LG OLED. My Samsung OLED in the bedroom can't do Dolby Vision but can do HDR10+ and the new Apple TV has that.

Ever since I got a Skip 1s remote the Nvidia Shield has been bushed. I can't believe they didn't put an IR sensor on the 2017 and 2019 model. I don't like the Nvidia Shield remotes especially that flat 2017 one.

Yeah I have the first gen in the DEN and the latest gen on the LG in the living room. Using built in TV apps is equivalent for waiting for PS3 download to unpack , appleTV 4K flies.