Superstar
Daps
I have the following now.
3 Roku Ultras (1 LT)
Roku Streaming Stick
2 NVIDIA Shields (2017 & 2019)
FireTV Stick 4K
Apple TV 4K

I would say my favorite is the Apple TV followed by the Shield and then the Roku Ultra. I don’t really use the Roku Stick or the FireTV Stick 4K much. Somebody just gave them to me.

Apple TV has minimal ads in the interface. Love that.
8 streaming devices :dead:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I have the following now.
3 Roku Ultras (1 LT)
Roku Streaming Stick
2 NVIDIA Shields (2017 & 2019)
FireTV Stick 4K
Apple TV 4K

I would say my favorite is the Apple TV followed by the Shield and then the Roku Ultra. I don’t really use the Roku Stick or the FireTV Stick 4K much. Somebody just gave them to me.

Apple TV has minimal ads in the interface. Love that.
I stopped using my shield because that shyt was never updated and Hulu stopped working.
Did they bring it back?
What do you use it for?

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I stopped using my shield because that shyt was never updated and Hulu stopped working.
Did they bring it back?
What do you use it for?

Hulu is still trash on Shield. You can watch Hulu through Disney+ though and that works.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
8 streaming devices :dead:
The Roku stick and FireTV Stick 4K were given to me free. The Apple TV I got for $40 off FBM. The 2 Roku Ultras (old ones that were just normal HDR only models) were $20 on clearance at Walmart. The Ultra LT was $20 on a Black Friday sale there. The only ones I actually paid full price for were the Nvidia Shields and one of them ended up being free from Amex after my 2017 Shield randomly died and they gave me a statement credit for it to replace it. Nvidia doesn't fix them so I bytched at their chat agent about how fukked up it was they didn't even service them and he sent me a free replacement 2017 model.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Go with the Shield or the Walmart onn box for 20 bucks

I "upgraded" the fam with those onn boxes a couple of months ago and they swear by them now. Saying they'll never touch another firestick.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Stopped using them when most smart tvs come streaming apps now
This only works until they stop supporting your TV. On top of that unless you have a flagship TV or maybe the next 2 sets under the flagship the internal TV processor is usually too slow. A premium level Roku or a 4th gen and up Apple TV will run circles around 85% of TVs on the market and have support for close to a decade.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's still the Nvidia Shield Pro going on 5 years lol.
This
The Nvidia Shield like all Google TV boxes is crammed with ads. The Apple TV is better just because the home screen isn't pushing a bunch of crap on you. This is if you're a conventional streamer that subscribes to services. I can't speak for piracy.
Buy a Raspberry Pi, install a Pi-Hole on it, and stop worrying about ads. At all.

Also, as usual, the Apple product is inferior while costing more

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This

Buy a Raspberry Pi, install a Pi-Hole on it, and stop worrying about ads. At all.

Also, as usual, the Apple product is inferior while costing more

I paid $40 on Facebook Marketplace for that same Apple TV. It cost me less than half what an Nvidia Shield used would cost even a used. I use my streaming boxes to watch the streaming services I sub to and that's it. For that I prefer the Apple TV. I don't pirate or play games on my media streamers. I have game consoles and a PC for that. Even that article admits the UI of the Apple TV is just better than Google TV.

I love the Nvidia Shield. I have 2 of them and haven't sold them but I'm still rocking with Apple on the streaming device if I'm forced to choose. Also my Apple TV doubles as a free Spectrum cable box without me having to cast to my TV and use a cell phone as a remote.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm currently using the 2023 Fire TV Stick Max. I'd eventually like to cop & move on to whatever is the latest Nvidia Shield TV Pro or Apple TV box.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I have Apple TV 4K on the main entertainment center tv. And the Roku stick upstairs.

Will eventually switch the Roku for another Apple TV 4K.

There are a lot of great options, TBH. Even most of the smart tv integrated apps are fine.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I paid $40 on Facebook Marketplace for that same Apple TV. It cost me less than half what an Nvidia Shield used would cost even a used. I use my streaming boxes to watch the streaming services I sub to and that's it. For that I prefer the Apple TV. I don't pirate or play games on my media streamers. I have game consoles and a PC for that. Even that article admits the UI of the Apple TV is just better than Google TV.

I love the Nvidia Shield. I have 2 of them and haven't sold them but I'm still rocking with Apple on the streaming device if I'm forced to choose. Also my Apple TV doubles as a free Spectrum cable box without me having to cast to my TV and use a cell phone as a remote.
The interface, which is subjective, is the ONLY thing the ATV does better. No DTS audio, no HDR10+. Unlike Apple, Android lets you alter the interface...for less money.