Best story you've ever seen in a modern game? Last 5 years

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
As crazy as Kojima's plots and cut-scenes are, I really enjoyed the story of every Metal Gear Solid game I've played. I actually missed out on 5 though. The story seems incredible too from the tidbit spoilers and wiki entries I've read but after seeing a YouTube video of a an produced chapter it left me with the impression that the game was unfinished so I lost interest. Metal Gear Solid 2 is the important game of the series though because it predicted so much shyt that's going on today but Metal Gear Solid 3 had the best story. First game that made me hesitate for the longest on killing off a boss with the final shot (The Boss).

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I like GTA5's story over all the GTA's I've played. It's a major reason I even bothered to play Online just to see if those characters would pop back up. I feel like it was a missed opportunity when they failed to produce the promised story DLC featuring all 3 characters. They got blinded by the shark card purchases.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Epic

Just read the designer of the game also designed Diablo 3 and worked on Overwatch, Mass Effect, Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft etc

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
TLOU2, 1
GOW 2018
Uncharted 4 (Discovering how the pirate colony rose and fell was fascinating)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
For me, within the past five years:

13 Sentinels
GOW 2018 & Ragorak
Ghost of Tshihima
FFVIIR (granted, it's technically far from done, but what they did here with the twisting retelling was very good IMO)
Persona 5 Royal
Octopath Traveller 2

Quite possibly in this order as well. I know 13 Sentinels was definitely at the top.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
The fact that you call it GOW 4 already tells me you didn't like it. Probably thought gow 1 or 2 was better
What’s wrong with that breh? :dwillhuh:

I thought that’s what everyone called it. Either that or GOW 2018.

And yea I didn’t like it. I plan to get back into it tho, at least wanna beat it but I liked the structure of GOW 3 and Ascension way better :hubie:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
also gotta mention signalis

im just really shocked people liked TLOU2's story like that lol. felt like layered shock value for me

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
also gotta mention signalis

im just really shocked people liked TLOU2's story like that lol. felt like layered shock value for me

They took a lot of narrative risks and risks with the characters, that either worked for you or didn’t. I 100% believe when you’re criticize game sequels for being “safe” it’s because of TLOU 2.

It felt ambitious to me

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What’s wrong with that breh? :dwillhuh:

I thought that’s what everyone called it. Either that or GOW 2018.

And yea I didn’t like it. I plan to get back into it tho, at least wanna beat it but I liked the structure of GOW 3 and Ascension way better :hubie:
I personally never played the other games, look like battle toads compared to this.