Didn’t finish GOW 4 or Rag

Of the stories I did beat, RDR2 TLOU2 both Spider-Man games

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
As a Sony movie gamer this one is tough for me.
So many come to mind. Some old and some new:

Chrono Trigger (all time classic that really opened my eyes to what was possible within a video game story)
The last Of Us 1 and 2 (the seen with Joel was a dreadful masterpiece of story telling)
God Of War (The entire series although at this point I was hoping Kratos would die a legendary death)
Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 (I feel like the story of both get slept on slightly. It's respected, but I think it should get a higher level of praise for what they accomplished)
Metal Gear Solid (despite the sloppiness of it all; It's not Shakespeare but it's definitely entertaining)
Final Fantasy 7 is special to me. Pretty clear cut story but it does what it does almost exceptionally well.
Alan Wake is pretty dope since it shakes up the formula a bit.
Bioshock 1 (would you kindly)
Condemned Criminal Origins (I feel like this game has been historically underrated like crazy)
Mass Effect Trilogy (curse you for that sloppy ending but man the journey through that trilogy was goat tier)
Eternal Darkness (what a freakin game. the way they break the 4th wall is something that devs should study)

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
God Of War (The entire series although at this point I was hoping Kratos would die a legendary death)

I liked the ending in Ragnarok because Odin ethered his ass earlier saying Kratos may have had the power of a God but nobody ever loved or worshipped him like one, he was just monster:picard:

That man shed a single G tear when he saw that last prophecy :to:

I also agree with Red Dead 1 & 2 those are both GOAT tier stories that somewhat get overlooked

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
…last 5 years. Single games only.

RDR2
mass effect legendary edition (released in 2021 :troll: )

but seriously I’m counting it since it was my first time ever playing the trilogy…just a remarkable story…even tho I couldn’t stand the gameplay in part 1, it honestly felt so much like a sci-fi TV show which forced me to keep playing to see where the story was going

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I like Jade Empire"s story. Never bothered to finish the game though.

Don’t know if you got that far in but the major plot twist at the end was :wow:

the master who trained you is actually the main bad guy and “The Glorious Strategist” who basically raised you to do a bunch of shyt that fell into his plans. All throughout the game people comment on how your fighting style was so unique but really the whole time he trained you it was a very subtle flaw that only he could exploit when the time came to fight you years and years later

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
from the past few months, xenoblade 3. sad sad existence, timeline fukkery. the big switch a roo

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Don’t know if you got that far in but the major plot twist at the end was :wow:

the master who trained you is actually the main bad guy and “The Glorious Strategist” who basically raised you to do a bunch of shyt that fell into his plans. All throughout the game people comment on how your fighting style was so unique but really the whole time he trained you it was a very subtle flaw that only he could exploit when the time came to fight you years and years later
Nah I ain't make it that far but I did read about it online. Bioware really needs to remake this classic.